Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

It was created by a girl, they usually make their male characters "prettier"

Thats a heck of a blanket assumption there. Like wow. Even if that is a dude, your going to need more behind your reasoning than that. yikes.

 

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yup. Unless that headband is actually a hat with kitty ears that just happens to be her skin color, she's not an echidna.

Plausible Deniability. It is an echidna, but if anyone "asks" then it isn't. Best of both worlds for this situation I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yup. Unless that headband is actually a hat with kitty ears that just happens to be her skin color, she's not an echidna.

Obviously those are spikes, just like Knuckles has on fists 😜

 

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Also, a female character that doesn't wear pants/dress/lower garments?

Maybe she's wearing white pants, like Blaze? I heard some people though at first that Blaze's bottom half is covered in white fur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

...Maybe uh... maybe I thin one of those things are relevant to the other thing.  Maybe how characters are characterized are relevant to how they appeal in the modern day and characterizations are often changed to fit the times. For many reasons, relevancy, to fit with a cultural change, sometimes sheer offensiveness in some cases.

I think that's a very general thing. My understanding of the conversation prior was about mandates and supposedly how they direct the comic, and while that is keeping things On Brand™, I didn't see what your post had to do with Wraith's point that Sonic--as a character--just isn't on top of a situation all the time. He was talking about the character being flawed and how it works fine within the context of the narrative. Your post read like a tangent complaining about Sega mismanaging the series as a whole (e.g. referencing the movie and well as saying the brand is being left behind on certain trends).

I'm willing to admit I misunderstood the conversation before I commented if it was meant to tie together with the mandates

 

However, that doesn't mean I have to let remarks like this slide:

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

This is fairly common and the fact that you can't grasp this baffles me. And it kinda sad that the moderation of this site can't grasp this. 

Not everyone gets to sit on the other side of the fence when designing characters for things. But do you think no thought goes into this? How a character comes across how they act , what they do is key to their appeal and how they function as a brand in society. And there are people payed to think about this. You think this just magically spawns out of thin air.

Now I'd like for you to pinpoint where I said any of these things or you can stop condescending to me.

I've been responding to the words you actually wrote--like I always do and even admitted I misunderstood something you did--so I expect the same courtesy.

And try to do it without throwing my moderator badge in my face. If you have an issue with me in that capacity, you're more than welcome to make a complaint to the admins. The only thing I suggested you stop doing is an annoying end comment that read like some of your other condescending comments disregarding people's arguments like you've done here or here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

 This is fairly common and the fact that you can't grasp this baffles me. And it kinda sad that the moderation of this site can't grasp this.

You know what is extremely common and easy for the moderation staff to grasp? You treating people who disagree with whatever dumb take you've decided to pretend you can support like they are too fucking stupid to form sentences. It's so easy to grasp that we've even had members express that they stop being comfortable posting in threads they were active in once you start posting in them.

 

 

So you know what? This is your last warning on this nonsense. Argue the point and not the man, or don't post at all. Those are your two choices from now on when you come back, in any thread you post in; or we'll make it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to be honest here, I read the issue and I didn't notice the repeated formula at all. Zombots attack, Eggman has his villainous attitude, Sonic rescues villagers, but actually he doesn't here, even more zombots are infected, and obviously new friends are introduced.

So this comic can't have the basics plotlines? It seems like people get tired of everything these days, I'd like to know how they'd write it, for example I would introduce more conflicts on how to deal with this crisis, raise the stakes, but in this particular arc I feel like they are high already, plus there is tension, drama, emotion. It's pretty good to me.

The one thing I didn't like is how Gemerl was handled, really a dull robot character with no personality, just to create a conflict with Sonic, although it was an interesting conflict, because Gemerl sees them as robots to destroy (which is something Omega would do as well, but still), while Sonic and Cream see the zombots as victims.

Oh, David Mariotte said the map will be a regular thing throughout the season arc. Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:

Oh, David Mariotte said the map will be a regular thing throughout the season arc. Cool!

He also confirmed he was the one who drew the map XD it didn’t seem like he was trolling at the time either so I’m rolling with it for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I enjoyed the issue just like the last one, the comic has always felt very formulaic for something with only 18 issues so far. I love seeing the cast handle this dark storyline though, but this one could have taken a bigger risk by infecting

Spoiler

Vanilla

Sonic handling his own infection and being unable to help already feels old to me since it was the exact same as in #17, but Gemerl raised a good point about him being dangerous. Now we're getting two more parts of this with Team Dark, and I'm going to be really annoyed if there's no pay-off and Sonic won't end up turning by the end of it. I'm sure the comic can survive one mini-arc with him as an antagonist. The three-parter starting with Tails will hopefully shake things up, I'd like to see the story used to its full potential rather than "just fighting off Zombots".

For example, have Charmy infiltrate the shuttle and force Vector and Espio to face and capture him. This causes panic to break out among the survivors while Amy, Rouge(?) and Cream try to keep things in control. If you wanna get Knuckles involved, have them evacuate everyone to Angel Island and give us a reason why he supposedly worked as Resistance leader. Heck, let Eggman fall to the virus and have Orbot and Cubot lead Tails to the source of it. With this ending at either #23 or #24, I doubt there will be much place for any of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

Hi I am new

I am pretty sure the white one is a guy 

 

8 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Nope. Eyelashes.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say it's a guy.

The only thing suggesting female is the eyelashes and that might just be because the only normal cat character is Blaze.

8 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yup. Unless that headband is actually a hat with kitty ears that just happens to be her skin color, she's not an echidna.

That's what I was thinking.

Well that or it was supposed to be a different spiky animal.

8 hours ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

It was created by a girl, they usually make their male characters "prettier"

Oh, is THAT the reason? :smirk: 

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

...or someone forgot to color her pants...

That could've been a case too.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Maybe she's wearing white pants, like Blaze? I heard some people though at first that Blaze's bottom half is covered in white fur.

Nude colored clothes, eh?

3 hours ago, Psycho_Jack said:

 

So this comic can't have the basics plotlines? It seems like people get tired of everything these days

There's nothing necessarily wrong with basic plotlines. Just the repetition and/or overreliance on them.

I agree with that sentiment though.

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

 

Spoiler

Now we're getting two more parts of this with Team Dark, and I'm going to be really annoyed if there's no pay-off and Sonic won't end up turning by the end of it. I'm sure the comic can survive one mini-arc with him as an antagonist.

For example, have Charmy infiltrate the shuttle and force Vector and Espio to face and capture him. This causes panic to break out among the survivors while Amy, Rouge(?) and Cream try to keep things in control. If you wanna get Knuckles involved, have them evacuate everyone to Angel Island and give us a reason why he supposedly worked as Resistance leader. Heck, let Eggman fall to the virus and have Orbot and Cubot lead Tails to the source of it. With this ending at either #23 or #24, I doubt there will be much place for any of it.

 

I'd say spoiler you should this, but then the issues have already been solicited and therefore are likely already being completed as we type.

But yeah, this all sounds potentially cool--and likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that both annoys me but its understandable cause they are kids. Charmy and Creams naive but good nature make situations worse for everyone. Charmy while good natured in the reboot just wants to help everyone but like vector tried to get over to him and failed was that they could not help anyone. it was a tough call but they had to save those uninfected which charmy could not understand and in turn was caught cause of it. Cream as well. Although she did use Gmeral as an example her do not hurt anyone command possibly could have been what caused the zoms to get into her house. Had she simply let him continue to drive them by force he could have possibly made it back to her mom instead of trying to subdue the zoms by non lethal "failing" means. But again they are kids .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird to see how Mature Tails is compared to Characters his age , granted he was always a "kid genius" since his first game but his overall personality makes him feel like 10 years older

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonic's Age Legalization is weird

8 - you're old enough to pilot plane or car (Sonic R, Drift)
12 - you can lead world-Restoring organization
16 - you're old enough to became a ninja assassin
18 - you're old enough to fish

And once you're 20 like Vector, suddenly paying rent exists (unlike Amy who owns at least one flat in Battle, yet never shown to have a real job).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liked the lattest issue, Sonic comforting Cream like a big brother was very sweet. Im not the biggest fan of Cream the rabbit but I did liked her inclusion in this issue, and felt worried for the character,

I do hope Starline doesn't doublecross Eggman too fast trough, I got the feeling Eggman might robozombify Starline himself if he keeps up the back-talk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

One thing that both annoys me but its understandable cause they are kids. Charmy and Creams naive but good nature make situations worse for everyone. Charmy while good natured in the reboot just wants to help everyone but like vector tried to get over to him and failed was that they could not help anyone. it was a tough call but they had to save those uninfected which charmy could not understand and in turn was caught cause of it. Cream as well. Although she did use Gmeral as an example her do not hurt anyone command possibly could have been what caused the zoms to get into her house. Had she simply let him continue to drive them by force he could have possibly made it back to her mom instead of trying to subdue the zoms by non lethal "failing" means. But again they are kids .

I think that's a common thing in horror stories. 

To be fair, she didn't know they could regenerate. Anyway, I was under the impression she left the door open, but maybe they did just open/break the door. 

2 hours ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

It's weird to see how Mature Tails is compared to Characters his age , granted he was always a "kid genius" since his first game but his overall personality makes him feel like 10 years older

When you put it like that, it sounds intentional. 

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic's Age Legalization is weird

8 - you're old enough to pilot plane or car (Sonic R, Drift)
12 - you can lead world-Restoring organization
16 - you're old enough to became a ninja assassin
18 - you're old enough to fish

And once you're 20 like Vector, suddenly paying rent exists (unlike Amy who owns at least one flat in Battle, yet never shown to have a real job).

To be fair, Tails was something of an outcast/orphan iirc and Big is wild. 

Also, Naruto is a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember how I jokingly said that the the echidna in issue 18 was wearing a hat?

Well, I was right.

But Tracy got wind of this because of my big mouth, and said this

 Fuck me for tagging Yardley and blabbing my mouth and fuck SEGA for these stupid arbitrary rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh sega XD lol so we can no longer have ANY echidna?

Also tails is a kitsune. I know its a topic glossed over my most fans but dont they get stronger and smarter the older they get. Granted they also gain more tails to show this but we all know segas never going to do that to him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Oh sega XD lol so we can no longer have ANY echidna?

Also tails is a kitsune. I know its a topic glossed over my most fans but dont they get stronger and smarter the older they get. Granted they also gain more tails to show this but we all know segas never going to do that to him lol

Actually, I think he's specifically meant to be a mutant fox. Is there any ambiguity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, I think he's specifically meant to be a mutant fox. Is there any ambiguity?

Archie did that but he was originally written as a kitsune with sega japan and tying to japanese folklore a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh sega XD lol so we can no longer have ANY echidna?

I mean.. Knuckles being the last one is kind of a thing, so yeah. There's not just going to be walking around with no acknowledgement.

46 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Also tails is a kitsune.

He's based off of kitsune.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

these stupid arbitrary rules.

It's a lore thing, how is that abitrary? Should there be 8 Chaos Emeralds just because "screw Sega"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Razule said:

I mean.. Knuckles being the last one is kind of a thing, so yeah. There's not just going to be walking around with no acknowledgement.

He's based off of kitsune.

It's a lore thing, how is that abitrary? Should there be 8 Chaos Emeralds just because "screw Sega"?

WHEN was the last time sega even brought up that fact? I mean this is Sega, i doubt they even know there own lore and story even more. Remember that horrible reason the moon is not blown up anymore in games I mean it still is but their answear was just dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.