Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

9 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Battle Royale. The one thing more common than Zombies now.

Battle Royale?

5 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:
Spoiler

My guess: 1 or 2 issues of characters dealing the aftermath; particularly with introspection on those who fell the plaque, Dr Starline breaking off on his own after learning Eggman isn’t what he built him up to be, possibly becoming the main antagonist in Year 3 and/or cooperating with another IDW original villain.

Mm...perhaps. I thinking more about the context/framework itself, though.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

You do have to wonder where this comic will go after a Zombot apocalypse.

I think it'll all depends of how Eggman will be during this plan. TBH, the biggest question for me is now that after such a plan, how to make Eggman work again if they want to have him less "extreme" (because tbh, it's basically one of Eggman biggest threat). We aren't in the world invasion-type threat, but basically the world "destruction" which is really a first for Eggman (if we consider that the Phantom Sun would have just killed of the resistence, if we assume that the whole world was affecter by Phantom Ruby's illusion, welp it's the second time), as the canon here is "kinda like the game". TBH I've got trouble to think about how they will be able to make things do something else than escalade.

(The resolution isn't hard to think, it'll be either Chaos Control, magic super state power, or some kind of cure... It's the aftermath that are more complicated imo.)

Maybe they'll make some bits of Mr. Tinker resurface at the peak of the zombot apocalypse, not enough to make him a good person, but enough to make him think that he got too far this time ? Something that would make the point Sonic made in issue #5 pay off ? It could be interesting, and it would make the "Mr Tinker" thingy have more of a meaning.

8 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

I think it'll all depends of how Eggman will be during this plan. TBH, the biggest question for me is now that after such a plan, how to make Eggman work again if they want to have him less "extreme" (because tbh, it's basically one of Eggman biggest threat). We aren't in the world invasion-type threat, but basically the world "destruction" which is really a first for Eggman (if we consider that the Phantom Sun would have just killed of the resistence, if we assume that the whole world was affecter by Phantom Ruby's illusion, welp it's the second time), as the canon here is "kinda like the game". TBH I've got trouble to think about how they will be able to make things do something else than escalade.

(The resolution isn't hard to think, it'll be either Chaos Control, magic super state power, or some kind of cure... It's the aftermath that are more complicated imo.)

Yeah seriously.

Egh...I know I brought this up once or twice before in brief, but I still wonder why Eggman of all characters is the one overseeing this.

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Egh...I know I brought this up once or twice before in brief, but I still wonder why Eggman of all characters is the one overseeing this. 

Because the vision of "Eggman have to be absolutely evil" is quite popular, is the vision that Flynn worked on for 13 years and is the current vision of the character in the game (at least in the latest main game), I think. It's not too much of an escalade with his description post-Forces, what I wonder is now how they'll evolve after that (especially as unlike Archie, he doesn't have an entire empire behind him).

I must admit that I would be happy if they found a way to show that he isn't "100% a monster", but I understand that other prefer this vision of him (that is pretty entertaining, and Flynn is quite good to write him that way xD)

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

Maybe they'll make some bits of Mr. Tinker resurface at the peak of the zombot apocalypse, not enough to make him a good person, but enough to make him think that he got too far this time ? Something that would make the point Sonic made in issue #5 pay off ? It could be interesting, and it would make the "Mr Tinker" thingy have more of a meaning.

Huh, that would be interesting.

Weird and I'm not sure how it'd come up, but it's something they could do.

49 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

Because the vision of "Eggman have to be absolutely evil" is quite popular, is the vision that Flynn worked on for 13 years and is the current vision of the character in the game (at least in the latest main game), I think. It's not too much of an escalade with his description post-Forces, what I wonder is now how they'll evolve after that (especially as unlike Archie, he doesn't have an entire empire behind him).

I must admit that I would be happy if they found a way to show that he isn't "100% a monster", but I understand that other prefer this vision of him (that is pretty entertaining, and Flynn is quite good to write him that way xD)

The reason it worked and/or I was fine with it in Archie is because a) it was grandfathered in and then hijacked from Julian, but b) it was still based around his robotics.

Eggman in general is supposed to be about using his brilliant technology to conquer and otherwise misuse what's already there in the world to build his self-proclaimed Empire. Here, he's escalated and most notably deviated to bio-terrorism via goo zombies.

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

You do have to wonder where this comic will go after a Zombot apocalypse.

Aftermath then a years long as arc about big finding froggy. Big is the hero we need

Seriously though

Something about the M.E

Something about starline

Something about black arms

Something about silver's future

Something that allows the world to be a bit more detailes

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Seriously though

Something about the M.E

Oh yeah, I imagine Knuckles would be weirded out once he hears he missed a viral apocalypse. 

I'm assuming one of the minor antagonists this year will go full villain next season, either Starline or the villain in the mini-series. Like other people predicted. I just hope Knuckles shows up before season 3, or he is a huge character in the next arc, because not having him at all in season 2 is kind of lame to me.

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, I imagine Knuckles would be weirded out once he hears he missed a viral apocalypse. 

Or maybe starline wants it..

Huh just realized could go for a story where starline talks about his experiences with the heroes.

He tries to go to angel island and gets thrown off

3 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I just hope Knuckles shows up before season 3, or he is a huge character in the next arc, because not having him at all in season 2 is kind of lame to me.

Eh, I think he's better off staying absent on this one. 

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Aftermath then a years long as arc about big finding froggy. Big is the hero we need

Oh ho boy...

Well, I suppose he is one of the only notable supporting characters that haven't shown up yet.

Something about black arms

Mm...I don't think that's likely, anymore than it has been.

Something about silver's future

Now that actually sounds very likely, as this virus is pretty much what his future was suffering from.

Though speaking of which, where is he?

I really wish Knuckles could have his own set of supporting characters again. Preferably like what he had in post-SGW Archie.

27 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I really wish Knuckles could have his own set of supporting characters again. Preferably like what he had in post-SGW Archie.

Yeah, seriously.

Relic in particular was a borderline stroke of genius. Plus, if Tikal is still somewhat reachable like Chaos, it just makes sense to do it that way.

And I already brought up Thrash.

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

And I already brought up Thrash.

Maybe Jewel could spend some time with Knuckles, both treasure hunters after all.

Why not make a Knuckles & Jewel treasure miniseries?

12 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Maybe Jewel could spend some time with Knuckles, both treasure hunters after all.

Why not make a Knuckles & Jewel treasure miniseries?

You know what, I never would've thought of that. 

Twice 12:00

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Mm...I don't think that's likely, anymore than it has been.

Depending on how things go with the story, I think it might be more likely than you think.

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Depending on how things go with the story, I think it might be more likely than you think.

Hm...we shall see, I guess.

Slingin in from Bumblekast Far from Home

Spoiler
  • Whisper miniseries takes place after Tangle visits Tails but before Metal Virus becomes epidemic    
  • Cream's map may apparently be updated per what will happen
    • She will be showing up more in the arc, but the future is unknown due to not planning too far ahead
  • Metal Virus was originally made for Archie and was on table for long time:
    • Previous editor asked for pitch due to zombies' popularity
    • Metal Goo was result, but was shelved due to Afterlife with Archie
      • Repeatedly delayed multiple times for other events that took priority
    • Was finally gonna be in reboot, but comic ended  
      • Post 300 plans following up on Maw's claim that roboticization was gonna work again    
    • Archie version might've been very different, but there was no actual outline made   
  • Editor thought Amy maiming Rough n' Tumble was a bit much, but artist went whole hog regardless  
  • Omega vs Zombots is gonna go how you'd think
  • Sol emeralds are different from Chaos Emeralds & Dragonballs
    • Seem more reliable
    • Don't seem too scatter after use, though perhaps they just weren't used enough
    • Sega did not give notes on them
  • Blaze's world and Human world are apparently also not actually named                

• Thumbs Up 7

I've been recently thinking that the Metal Virus would've been a good workaround for the Roboticizer Immunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I assumed the Metal Virus was gonna be the new roboticizer in late Archie.

Omega VS Zombots is "how we think it'll go"? Awesome! This means Omega has his Chronicles personality.

I hope instead of updated Cream map we get an actual map.

I'm sure we will explore the other worlds eventually, and see how they are connected (portals and whatnot).

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Are any of the worlds officially named besides "earth"?

Sonic’s World.

That’s the only name we have.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Polkadi~☆ said:

Sonic’s World.

I call it "animal planet"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Could one of you kindly link me to the Bumblekast in question? Need it for documentation.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Could one of you kindly link me to the Bumblekast in question? Need it for documentation.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/bumbleking-comics/bumblekast/e/62436727

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Are any of the worlds officially named besides "earth"?

1 hour ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Sonic’s World.

This. I think we're referencing some sort of map at one point. 

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Omega VS Zombots is "how we think it'll go"? Awesome! This means Omega has his Chronicles personality.

To be fair, Omega was a violent if focused smartass to begin with. Chronicles just ranaway with it. 

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I hope instead of updated Cream map we get an actual map.

Oh yeah, I think he implied that it was either the editor or an artists idea to render it that way, much to his sick amusement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

First preview is out, and I haven't seen it shared here, so here we go !

Spoiler

Looks like Sunset City really was the City from Forces.

• Thumbs Up 2