Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

12 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Still looks like a random villager. I can't make it out due to the resolution. It just gets blurry when I try to zoom in. 

Maybe but would they really put a random villager in a major cover?

Just now, Tangled Jack said:

Sticks you mean?

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Sticks you mean?

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees her, considering the fact I'm completely biased.

Just now, Tangled Jack said:

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees her, considering the fact I'm completely biased.

We need an hd version of the pic

They should have released an official post with that cover. But yeah I definitely spy that boomerang head.

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

B. Shadow is unable to burn it off because his jet boots is the cause of his speed, unlike Sonic who naturally runs that fast.

Now that's be a clever attention to detail..

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

B. Shadow is unable to burn it off because his jet boots is the cause of his speed, unlike Sonic who naturally runs that fast.

Now that'd be a clever attention to detail. 

3 hours ago, Celestia said:

That cover is beautiful. I'm curious who the artist is because if it's someone familiar, for once I can't place it...

Yeah, I can't quite recall it either. 

Edit: Is it Ryan Jampole? 

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

wait a minute, under Silver, is that… who I think it is???

Spoiler

What, something undecipherable at the moment? 

56 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

Yes, as they have two or three times before. 

45 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

We noticed. 

Anyway, from what little I can make out, I do see a silhouette reminiscent of a stag beetle's pincer. 

EDIT: I've looked closely and can confirm 

Spoiler

I can't see shit. 

At best, it looks like a face stuffed in a gun barrel with a dark claw under it. 

1-C239-F50-45-B0-40-EA-9-A92-651-B566-BB

This is issue 25’s cover.

They’re actually acknowledging the landmark, which is unusual for IDW.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

1-C239-F50-45-B0-40-EA-9-A92-651-B566-BB

This is issue 25’s cover.

They’re actually acknowledging the landmark, which is unusual for IDW.

But not for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I read on Newsarama that the fallout of the Metal Virus Saga will be on season 3, but still, this arc is so good, it would feel rushed if it ended abruptly, without Knuckles, and maybe there is time to introduce my favorite cha… wait a minute, under Silver, is that… who I think it is???

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Sticks you mean?

That looks like Blaze or Whisper tbh.

The Metal Virus Arc continuing into 2020 actually makes sense now that I think about it. Mr. Flynn did seem to be clueless as to what exactly will come after it.

3 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I'm gonna plead the fifth and say it's not supposed to be anyone important.

31 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I also spy Amy, plus Tangle with her tail in the background? 

I'm saying Sticks because of the boomerang head, Blaze is not in the arc so far, and that character has the eyes open so it's not Whisper.

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sonic sure does love acknowledging anniversaries

Celebration is good time.

3 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

I also spy Amy, plus Tangle with her tail in the background? 

I'm saying Sticks because of the boomerang head, Blaze is not in the arc so far, and that character has the eyes open so it's not Whisper.

You what, actually being able to see any eyes would help a lot.

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:
Spoiler

So what do you think about Shadow getting infected?

Spoiler

Will he still have his chaos powers?

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:
Spoiler

That this really should be still spoiler?

I would be quite angry right now, if somebody else didn't spoiled that few months ago. Can we just treat every info about unreleased  yet issue as spoilers?

So far I've been informed about every major plot point of this arc months in advance.

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

So what do you think about *name hidden because of spoilers* getting infected?

Well firstly - that should be spoiler tagged, the issue hasn't even released yet.

Secondly - 

Spoiler

It's the boldest choice they've gone with yet, and might actually hold some water in terms of shaking things up. I still really want Sonic to end up changing saving his friends, but for now, Shadow works best on a narrative level. He's the one who warned Sonic about letting Eggman run amok, and now Shadow's the one who's paying the price. On top of that, Shadow can very easily keep up with Sonic himself. 

You know how I've been mentioning that Eggman should be aiming to infect Sonic so Sonic can spread the virus for him quickly and worldwide? Shadow being infected is that idea realised. Shadow is as fast as Sonic, along with chaos abilities. Shadow could infect whole cities within the span of a minute. I'm calling it now that Shadow will be what causes the downfall of the Resistance, his power and speed is going to make about nearly every rescue operation moot.

I'd imagine Shadow's infection will also be a turning point for Eggman too. Shadow being a zombot and not listening to orders will make Eggman a near instant target IMO.

Hide contents

Edited

Eh. It's a thing we'll get to.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Will he still have his chaos powers?

Spoiler

Now that is a question.

Hide contents

Edited

If they do something cool narratively fine. I just hope the whole zombie thing blows over soon. Because one of the things I like about these characters is agency, and this sort of narrative deprives them of that . There are ways to do that , that don't do that. MK10 and 11 did it the best , they were zombies who were reflections of the worst parts of the characters. So you got all their insecurities and shit, but it is what it is. Hopefully it isn't bad

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's the boldest choice they've gone with yet, and might actually hold some water in terms of shaking things up. I still really want Sonic to end up changing saving his friends, but for now, Shadow works best on a narrative level. He's the one who warned Sonic about letting Eggman run amok, and now Shadow's the one who's paying the price. On top of that, Shadow can very easily keep up with Sonic himself. 

You know how I've been mentioning that Eggman should be aiming to infect Sonic so Sonic can spread the virus for him quickly and worldwide? Shadow being infected is that idea realised. Shadow is as fast as Sonic, along with chaos abilities. Shadow could infect whole cities within the span of a minute. I'm calling it now that Shadow will be what causes the downfall of the Resistance, his power and speed is going to make about nearly every rescue operation moot.

I'd imagine Shadow's infection will also be a turning point for Eggman too. Shadow being a zombot and not listening to orders will make Eggman a near instant target IMO.

Dang it, stop making such a bold predictions.

Now when everything will be much simpler, I'll be super disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That this really should be still spoiler?

I would be quite angry right now, if somebody else didn't spoiled that few months ago. Can we just treat every info about unreleased  yet issue as spoilers?

So far I've been informed about every major plot point of this arc months in advance.

11 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Now when everything will be much simpler, I'll be super disappointed.

It's almost like we've been predicting this for most of the summer.

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Some fanart from JoeAdok.

ddarak6-2c9c22ec-938d-4fa9-bdd0-53f4aa14

I don't know if I should boo or laugh. 

Gotta appreciate how he got friggin Zazz on his crew. In a yellow shirt too.(Whatever that means) 

• Thumbs Up 1