Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:
  Hide contents

So what do you think about Shadow getting infected?

Edited

Eh. It's a thing we'll get to.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Will he still have his chaos powers?

Spoiler

Now that is a question.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:
  Hide contents

So what do you think about Shadow getting infected?

Edited

If they do something cool narratively fine. I just hope the whole zombie thing blows over soon. Because one of the things I like about these characters is agency, and this sort of narrative deprives them of that . There are ways to do that , that don't do that. MK10 and 11 did it the best , they were zombies who were reflections of the worst parts of the characters. So you got all their insecurities and shit, but it is what it is. Hopefully it isn't bad

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's the boldest choice they've gone with yet, and might actually hold some water in terms of shaking things up. I still really want Sonic to end up changing saving his friends, but for now, Shadow works best on a narrative level. He's the one who warned Sonic about letting Eggman run amok, and now Shadow's the one who's paying the price. On top of that, Shadow can very easily keep up with Sonic himself. 

You know how I've been mentioning that Eggman should be aiming to infect Sonic so Sonic can spread the virus for him quickly and worldwide? Shadow being infected is that idea realised. Shadow is as fast as Sonic, along with chaos abilities. Shadow could infect whole cities within the span of a minute. I'm calling it now that Shadow will be what causes the downfall of the Resistance, his power and speed is going to make about nearly every rescue operation moot.

I'd imagine Shadow's infection will also be a turning point for Eggman too. Shadow being a zombot and not listening to orders will make Eggman a near instant target IMO.

Dang it, stop making such a bold predictions.

Now when everything will be much simpler, I'll be super disappointed.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That this really should be still spoiler?

I would be quite angry right now, if somebody else didn't spoiled that few months ago. Can we just treat every info about unreleased  yet issue as spoilers?

So far I've been informed about every major plot point of this arc months in advance.

11 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Now when everything will be much simpler, I'll be super disappointed.

It's almost like we've been predicting this for most of the summer.

Those third and fourth panels man. :lol: 

But yeah, Sonic and to an extent Rouge look a little weird.

Omega still being as great as ever makes it all the more depressing that Emerl got so badly done in the last issue.

Yeah, Omega is a big reason why Gemerl not being more informal was a mistake.

This is largely a product of one being pretty defined despite his minimal degree of focus whereas the other never actually spoke in their return, most likely.

52 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Also I see that Doctor Who reference. XD

Which is...?

Omega still being as great as ever makes it all the more depressing that Emerl got so badly done in the last issue.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but emril's last personality was a holdover from another character that got axed via the reboot. Without that direction or connection and more sega game oriented direction... I don't know what else he could be.

Anywho Omega yeeted the shit out of that man

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but emril's last personality was a holdover from another character that got axed via the reboot. Without that direction or connection and more sega game oriented direction... I don't know what else he could be.

Anywho Omega yeeted the shit out of that man

Yes, his Archie personality was based on Shard's. That doesn't change the fact that Emerl!Shard was about fifty times more interesting than bland robo-talk IDW Emerl.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yes, his Archie personality was based on Shard's. That doesn't change the fact that Emerl!Shard was about fifty times more interesting than bland robo-talk IDW Emerl.

Why does everybody thinks he has no personality!? He is serious and is committed to protecting Cream

Gemerl's personality could have been Emerl's at the end of Battle, since apparently he got his data back. Still, Gemerl is not Emerl, so idk. He could have been more unique for sure with an actual personality, he's an advanced robot after all, isn't he? I'm curious as to what Ian plans with him...

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh I don't disagree. Infact it kinda makes me question the decision to include him in the first place. I don't really think there are that many fans of him and without an entirely other character as a base... he's just kinda a robot. Call backs I guess, I dunno. If you can't do anything with the call back , why call back at all? But hey i'm not writing the book

Just now, Marco9966 said:

Why does everybody thinks he has no personality!? He is serious and is committed to protecting Cream

Because that's not a personality really. That's a goal. And he isn't serious, he's a robot and largely devoid of personality.

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was a coincidence--Emerl's personality in Sonic Battle was primarily based on his observations of Sonic("Your punch ain't got no juice, fool!"), which to my knowledge only wavered or deviated when he encountered Amy.

Shard's personality was likewise made to be snazzy, albeit more cheeky than jive, because he supposed to be growing and changing after observing Sonic's efforts to save Tails from him.

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In one case, it's because he had a clearer personality in his surprise debut during World's Unite than he's had so far here. He had a peaceful confidence about him that made him both apprehensive and yet fierce about having to fight M'EGGaman.

In the other, because he's another robot that turned good, but unlike the egotistical Omega is strictly that--a robot that thinks and talks like a robot. He literally could've just been standing in the corner or broom closet until the Zombots showed up.

Basically, when you have one character that behaves and operates a certain way, you expect another character that very similar to be sufficiently different in some divergent way. 

10 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Because that's not a personality really. That's a goal. And he isn't serious, he's a robot and largely devoid of personality.

Essentially, which is the issue.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Are you sure? Saying “exterminate” seems a bit too broad to be a specific reference.

He's going "Exterminate! Exterminate!" man. Seems pretty Daleky to me. 

7 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Are you sure? Saying “exterminate” seems a bit too broad to be a specific reference.

Doctor Who came out in the 60s, so it’s likely that any death robot using the word “exterminate” is a Doctor Who reference whether the author knows it or not. Especially if the robot says it more than once. 🤖

Also Omega here and my interest in Tangle and Whisper make me really want to get into the comic. I’m gonna make time to go buy back issues this weekend!