Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

10 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Tangle Whisper #2 has been pushed to September 4th.

I'm gonna quit this comic for 2 years and then come back and enjoy everything without delays.

The comic is now gonna be delayed by two months and the next issue is going to take a wild turn, throw out all of the zombie stuff. And about Vanilla paying her taxes. Avante Garde move .

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I'm gonna quit this comic for 2 years and then come back and enjoy everything without delays.

They'll still be doing the virus arc by then.

Welp. I can't really say that I'm that dissapointed, because I didn't even knew when they were gonna be released xD (the power of online subscribtion, not having to care about release dates). I forgot that when you have two comics a month, supposedly you have to wait less (because basic math are hard xD)

More seriously, delay don't annoy me much (for a lot of reason, the first one being that I've got so much things to read/watch/listen that it's not some having delays that would annoy me), but I would be interested to know why there are as many of those in IDW. Was that Archie that was more regular than other companies ? Is some differences in the creative process that produce that ? Is that related to US having only one comic distributor ? I would be pretty interested to know.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Twice you say to us about how you are quitting the comics in just a month, be careful you are transforming into a cat I think 😛

3 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Tangle Whisper #2 has been pushed to September 4th.

IDW. Plz. Get your shit together. 

I can finally draw fan art of Zombot Charmy now that I know what he looks like thanks to the cover of Issue 22.

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I can finally draw fan art of Zombot Charmy now that I know what he looks like thanka to the cover of Issue 22.

Issue 22's cover got revealed?

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yes. I assumed everyone had seen it already since I'm usually the one late to the party but I guess not. 

Here it is.

Spoiler

io9WqFw1snwPFqSp0HRvmdS0QizkXPCMwVKRG18jdbo_MdOoSw9ilcjWCNU2jYkz1spMf8t16sLRBVTggoukOqBWUfMxcJSfnenWsxuz5RfAZzZ-Qke9HAhF4aWeFYTjiHBRzhf-

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, it was posted here a week or two ago with a solicit.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, dbzfan7 said:

So what is with all the common delays? I understand having them but there's been quite a few.

As I keep saying this is an internal IDW problem that's been going since at least 2017. I don't know why it's been happening but I think the Revolution event with the Hasbro books might have had something to do with it because the first mention I can find post-Revolution on TFWiki is Lost Light #2. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dissolution_Part_2:_Anomie

And the Earliest I can find is the second Issue of Revolution. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Divine_Source_of_Liberty

It may not be connected, delays happen all the time in comics, but around this point was when I started noticing TFWiki mention delays.

Man, whenever Sonic's eye is ever cut-off by the edge of an image it only serves to make his mono-eye even more noticeable and weird looking.

14 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Man, whenever Sonic's eye is ever cut-off by the edge of an image it only serves to make his mono-eye even more noticeable and weird looking.

It only looks weird because his left pupil isn't visible like it normally would be.

qJ1sCFQ.pngsQNRR1u.png

I'm glad we are getting this fight, it's gonna be awesome. Perfect way to celebrate 20 issues. 

4 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

I'm glad we are getting this fight, it's gonna be awesome. Perfect way to celebrate 20 issues. 

Don't over-hype yourself. For starters #20 isn't exactly anniversary issue. That tittle belongs to #25.

Secondly, this isn't 'a long anticipated duel between old rivals'. Shadow is mind-controlled and has army, Sonic is sick and has Omega/Rouge. This will be much more chaotic.

Thirdly, we all know Flynn won't allow clear winner. Sonic will probably trick stupid zombot into doing something that will break the fight (best case scenario Shadow will somehow regain free will long enough for other to incarcerate him.

I expect something more like IDW #6 or fighting Roboticized Masters in Megaman Crossovers rather than Metal Vs Shard from SU #50 or "Total Eclipse" (granted that last one gave us half-assed conclusion too).

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MainJP said:

It only looks weird because his left pupil isn't visible like it normally would be.

qJ1sCFQ.pngsQNRR1u.png

Eye...pupil, that's what I meant.

There's no reason for it not to be there, especially here.

It's a major bummer, might even ruin the whole issue.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Eye...pupil, that's what I meant.

I might be dumb.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

There's no reason for it not to be there, especially here.

It's a major bummer, might even ruin the whole issue.

The whole thing is ruined now. Cancel the IDW run, it's not worth it..

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Don't over-hype yourself. For starters #20 isn't exactly anniversary issue. That tittle belongs to #25.

Secondly, this isn't 'a long anticipated duel between old rivals'. Shadow is mind-controlled and has army, Sonic is sick and has Omega/Rouge. This will be much more chaotic.

Thirdly, we all know Flynn won't allow clear winner. Sonic will probably trick stupid zombot into doing something that will break the fight (best case scenario Shadow will somehow regain free will long enough for other to incarcerate him.

I expect something more like IDW #6 or fighting Roboticized Masters in Megaman Crossovers rather than Metal Vs Shard from SU #50 or "Total Eclipse" (granted that last one gave us half-assed conclusion too).

I like chaotic, don't care whether there is a clear outcome or not, I know it's not possible because mandates. But what we are getting is already waaay beyond the mandates IMO. Sonic will probably go full zombot, I assume. And I can hype because these comics have quality.

6 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Cover A for Issue 20 is available

latest?cb=20190815202935

"Did you eat the last Eggo?!"

3 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Yawn? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Yeah like the neat thing about any two characters fighting is the personalities and stuff. This removes that.

Now I'm not the fanbase and for the most part I can only speak for me. But I dont think this is gonna elicit the pop he wants

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wanted to see what it’d look like with the other eye

3-FBA2-A23-BE43-4760-A05-A-4541-DEA66850

EDIT:

also an estimation of where the eye could realistically be off-screen

BA6-ADCD1-48-EC-4082-A86-C-11795-C2-C761

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1