Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

On 8/3/2019 at 8:18 AM, dbzfan7 said:

I'll be the contrarian I guess and say I'm not at all interested in this fight. It's somehow even less interesting than the purple Vegetgoo in the DBS filler arc.

Would it be better if they got David Humprey back?

Finally got around to reading Tangle and Whisper 1 and it was alright I guess. I feel like it's a bit too disjointed from the current on-going arc in the main comic, and the issue itself focused a little too much on just setting up the story in the next three issues. 

Being fair to it, I'd imagine reading back through it via GN, or all four issues when released will help with it though, but the pacing felt a little off to me, by the time the issue was over, it felt like we'd only really just got through the exposition of getting Tangle and Whisper together and who the bad guy is.

Still, I liked seeing Whisper and Tangle interact a bit more, I liked seeing Mimic's goofball attempts at being Sonic, and Whisper's reluctance at letting Tangle join her is intriguing me. That said, I really hope we can get some answers regarding some of the mainline plot points (Mainly what Shadow did during Forces that caused Whisper to distrust him), and I hope we might see some events of the main comic leak into this (Maybe Tangle and Whisper chasing Mimic through an infected village or something? idk). 

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Finally got around to reading Tangle and Whisper 1 and it was alright I guess. I feel like it's a bit too disjointed from the current on-going arc in the main comic, and the issue itself focused a little too much on just setting up the story in the next three issues. 

Being fair to it, I'd imagine reading back through it via GN, or all four issues when released will help with it though, but the pacing felt a little off to me, by the time the issue was over, it felt like we'd only really just got through the exposition of getting Tangle and Whisper together and who the bad guy is.

Still, I liked seeing Whisper and Tangle interact a bit more, I liked seeing Mimic's goofball attempts at being Sonic, and Whisper's reluctance at letting Tangle join her is intriguing me. That said, I really hope we can get some answers regarding some of the mainline plot points (Mainly what Shadow did during Forces that caused Whisper to distrust him), and I hope we might see some events of the main comic leak into this (Maybe Tangle and Whisper chasing Mimic through an infected village or something? idk). 

The miniseries takes place before Tangle walks into Tails' house. 

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Tangle visited Sonic in issue 16.

Chronologically:

-Tangle and Whisper fight the Babylon Rogues.

-Tangle visits Sonic and Tails

-Tangle and Whisper fight Mimic.

Not hard to understand.

8 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

No, after.

5 hours ago, Zulon Eredas said:

Ian says it takes place between issues 16 and 17

40 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Chronologically:

-Tangle and Whisper fight the Babylon Rogues.

-Tangle visits Sonic and Tails

-Tangle and Whisper fight Mimic.

Not hard to understand.

Oh, is that it? Okay, my mistake.

9 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Heads up, issue 20 has been pushed back to 28th August 2019, releasing on the same day as Tangle & Whisper #2

Uh. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

12 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Heads up, issue 20 has been pushed back to 28th August 2019, releasing on the same day as Tangle & Whisper #2

Ugh, what is up with these delays? It's like they're TRYING to deprive us of the comic.

(P.S. That last part is a hyperbole. I don't genuinely think that.)

9 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They know how important it is to have a break from things.

Too much of a good thing will ruin lives.

That doesn’t make sense when a majority of comics attempt to have a consistent release schedule.

31 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Ugh, what is up with these delays? It's like they're TRYING to deprive us of the comic.

(P.S. That last part is a hyperbole. I don't genuinely think that.)

We go through this everytime this is a problem with all of IDW's books. It might have something to do with artists not finishing on time or something. 

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Wasn't it always releasing on the 28th? The issues come out on the last week of every month so far. 

Issue 20 was but then it got pushed to 14th a while back before going back to the original date.

If anything we're getting two issues on the same day...

21 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Who watched the official Sonic podcast? Ian Flynn said that that the T&W miniseries will answer Whisper's origins, how many masks there are, who made these masks...

Oh shoot, I didn't know when it was. 

We getting Majora up in here, eh? 

I read T&W number 1 and it was ok , nothing mind blowing but not too bad either. The fact that we have an entire comic based completely on new characters this early in says a lot about the quality of the cast so far , this alone should be commended.

4 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

He also mentioned that he'd be interested in doing a Sonic and TNMT crossover.

Yes please! The only thing I'd be unsure of is that Kevin Eastman would definitely draw a variant cover and I bet his Sonic would look weird as hell.