Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm not really surprised about this one : the whole schedule will certainly have to be shifted because of the shift that we have got before. I didn't believe that we would got one comic per week in September (T&S then Sonic then T&W again) xD I'm just a bit disappointed that it's a two week shift and thus we don't get two weeks between the Tangle&Whisper and the mainline comic, but at least instead we have only one week between both, so it's one bad thing for one good xD

51 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

I'm not really surprised about this one : the whole schedule will certainly have to be shifted because of the shift that we have got before. I didn't believe that we would got one comic per week in September (T&S then Sonic then T&W again) xD I'm just a bit disappointed that it's a two week shift and thus we don't get two weeks between the Tangle&Whisper and the mainline comic, but at least instead we have only one week between both, so it's one bad thing for one good xD

I have been thinking lately, since Sonic Unleashed was referenced in IDW, we must address the issue about the emerald shrines that are ON EARTH, instead of Mobius.

Why is the Master Emerald Shrine on mobius, but the Emerald Shrines on Earth?? Two-Worlds rendered invalid again in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I have been thinking lately, since Sonic Unleashed was referenced in IDW, we must address the issue about the emerald shrines that are ON EARTH, instead of Mobius. 

Why is the Master Emerald Shrine on mobius, but the Emerald Shrines on Earth?? Two-Worlds rendered invalid again in my opinion. 

The Gaia's shrines are shrines that use the Chaos Emerald, but they aren't "THE" Chaos Emerald shrines, their main purpose seems to be restoring the planet (and Chaos Emerald regeneration seems some kind of "bonus", or yet another writing weakness). They aren't their "natural place" or anything, and as the Chaos Emerald have been shown to be able to go in both world as they want too, Earth having some shrines that use them isn't strange at all, and doesn't render anything invalid. Earth have been shown to have some knowledge on these stuff at least 50 years ago, so having some earlier proof of that knowledge.

For all the issue I tried to adress while working on "how could the two-worlds works", it isn't the hardest by far xD (the "Central City" thing was the hardest to figure out, thanks Flynn xD).

Who know, maybe even that the mysterious civilisation 10 000 ago was some kind of SG's Ancient-like civilisation, and that they made some kind of stargate between the two worlds/planet in another galaxy/solarsystem (or maybe that Mobius is just the planet next to Earth) à la Stargate Atlantis and that the source of most of the mess in the Sonic Universe. (It could even be the "First Great Civilisation" if we were to still want to reference that thing). The adventage is that we could make it come from either worlds, depending of the kind of story we want to write.

(and you're not obligated to quote me every time you say something were you disagree with me, you know 😛 My message had nothing to do with that, and it makes the thread kinda awkward too read)

29 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

(and you're not obligated to quote me every time you say something were you disagree with me, you know 😛 My message had nothing to do with that, and it makes the thread kinda awkward too read)

I just like hearing opinions from the pro-2-world side 😜

58 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Schedule's Changing=Two Worlds?

34 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

The fact that we have to make up fanfiction to justify two worlds shows how little the idea works. 

I didn't make fanfiction to justify it working, though 😛 Here, the thing works because it doesn't add a layer of issue. As it's already assumed by the theory that the Chaos Emerald can go in both world, having shrine that happens to use them isn't worse than the very existence of these shrine.

The fanfic-y part was more just for fun, and because it would be an interesting way to USE the lore, and not just "have one", because I ultimately think that the only thing that is really important with a lore is what story we can make with a lore. (and that's the real reason why the lore situation in Sonic is pretty bad : because as they don't want to really have a lore, they can't use it as a way to create story that would use their universe. As I said, one-world, two world ? For the moment, Sonic is more "zero-world".)

... Okay really it was just because I wanted to nerd a bit about Stargate. Next time it'll be Babylon 5.

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Schedule's Changing=Two Worlds? 

Well, sending the comics to anther planet isn't really simple, so it's normal that it provoke schedule change '-'

Nothing to do with the rest of the message, but I'm wondering if we won't see only really Zavok in the comics, with that he is the only one really shown (the other are on the background) on the page where Starline is talking about them.

42 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

Nothing to do with the rest of the message, but I'm wondering if we won't see only really Zavok in the comics, with that he is the only one really shown (the other are on the background) on the page where Starline is talking about them.

Marco incited this point in the Upcoming thread--you're right that that panel is technically a flashback to Lost World itself. So it's entirely possible for Starline to only encounter a few of the Zeti rather than the whole band..

Of course, the matter of where TSR takes place compared to Forces is hopefully irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

i dont think they are gonna explain nothing

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Marco incited this point in the Upcoming thread--you're right that that panel is technically a flashback to Lost World itself. So it's entirely possible for Starline to only encounter a few of the Zeti rather than the whole band.. 

Of course, the matter of where TSR takes place compared to Forces is hopefully irrelevant. 

Yeah, I don't think it's related to TSR, as in the first draft of the Metal Virus Crisis, only Zavok was mentioned (and it sure couldn't related to TSR, ahah). Maybe it's because it is simpler to handle only one character than the whole gang, while the rest wouldn't add anything ? And maybe it's just an aesthetic effect and that the whole gang will show up, and not as I think because they'll only use him.

IDK, let's wait and see. I'm interested to see what Flynn want to do with them though.

11 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

What's the source?

4 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

It was here.

Additionally, I did a write-up of what I believed was overall supposed to happen in those arcs and a few before them.

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The Two-World becomes easier to accept if we look at the many other worlds of Sonic:

Mobius, Earth, Little Planet, Planet Wisp, Lot Hex, Donpa Kingdom, Babylon, Sol Dimension

The latter six places are all directly acknowledged as being non-terrestrial within their respective narratives, and the characters aren’t exactly able to just come and go to them as they please (unless you’re Blaze), which the anthro/human worlds are clearly not.

1 minute ago, Forgetful Panda said:

The latter six places are all directly acknowledged as being non-terrestrial within their respective narratives, and the characters aren’t exactly able to just come and go to them as they please (unless you’re Blaze), which the anthro/human worlds are clearly not.

That's true

1 hour ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Sonic is getting really tired & Whisper is showing her emotional side. Interesting to see what happens next.

Apparently, Whisper may have been emotional all along and if so, then what we've seen thus far is truly the result of Mimic's actions.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

The Two-World becomes easier to accept if we look at the many other worlds of Sonic:

Mobius, Earth, Little Planet, Planet Wisp, Lost Hex, Donpa Kingdom, Babylon, Sol Dimension

Insert Nicolas Cage Face Here.

1 hour ago, Forgetful Panda said:

Six? The Lost Hex seems a lot more accessible than Planet Wisp.

I wonder how Shadow (or a Phantom Ruby clone of him) come into play in her story. Is that it's a Phantom Ruby clone that killed her old gang ? Or maybe that it was because of Shadow that she couldn't help them somehow ? Or that she was angry of Shadow simply because how he acted reminded her of something that was related to the death of her old gang ?

Here's another question: Was it stated exactly what the Diamond Cutters are?

2 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

I wonder how Shadow (or a Phantom Ruby clone of him) come into play in her story. Is that it's a Phantom Ruby clone that killed her old gang ? Or maybe that it was because of Shadow that she couldn't help them somehow ? Or that she was angry of Shadow simply because how he acted reminded her of something that was related to the death of her old gang ?

Oh shoot, I almost forgot that detail.

Those are good questions.

17 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

In Episode Shadow of Sonic Forces, Eggman hired a bunch of mercenary gangs to defend one of his bases, including Jackal Squad with Infinite, of which Shadow tore through with ease. Perhaps that’s related to Whisper’s grudge against him?

4 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

In Episode Shadow of Sonic Forces, Eggman hired a bunch of mercenary gangs to defend one of his bases, including Jackal Squad with Infinite, of which Shadow tore through with ease. Perhaps that’s related to Whisper’s grudge against him?

Yeah, that was one of my initial guesses.

I don't remember having several mercenary teams mentionned, but it could easily be just me, or even retconned by the comic (as it's not supposed to be 1:1 the same continuity). It would especially interesting, as it would change the meaning of Mimic having "sold them", and could be that Whisper survived because she didn't want to work for Eggman (and it would explain her guilt, that would be survivor guilt, and why Mimic used that she was "not here" when they died). Her hatred against Eggman and Mimic could be because both knew it was a suicide mission as Shadow was too powerful, but didn't care.

The only thing that bother me is that her grudge against Shadow seems with that pretty low-key, compared to the blind rage she show against Mimic and Eggman. It could be explained, but it seems a bit strange.

What's interesting is that it also could be something completely different.