Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Now if only Modern Sonic games didn't cross off half of those powers.

Powers...?

Are you sure he can really fly anymore?

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Powers...?

Spin Dash and Super Speed, y'know because Tails cowers in fear of an enemy he's fought before and doesn't do shit besides play on his Leapster handheld and say big words.

2 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Spin Dash and Super Speed, y'know because Tails cowers in fear of an enemy he's fought before and doesn't do shit besides play on his Leapster handheld and say big words.

That was a genuine mistake. That post above yours is unobservant as heck.

4 powers, got it...just a bit too late.

3 minutes ago, MainJP said:

That's Wii U game pad......and even that's a failure of course because Tails and Fails are hand in hand when it comes to games.

Meanwhile here in the comics I'm sure the next issue which I believe is him, Tangle, and Whisper...I'm sure it'll be much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Now if only Modern Sonic games didn't cross off half of those powers.

1 hour ago, MainJP said:

You can say the same for anyone who hasn't been playable. No one besides Sonic and Shadow really does much if at all.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Eh I feel the powers and skills of others are more kept in tact in comparison...not that what you say isn't true.

To be fair on both sides of that, Tails has been Sonic with the ability to fly from the beginning.

Doing that with his tails and being a good guy that's good with technology are about the only unique/striking things to him.

49 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

That's Wii U game pad......and even that's a failure of course because Tails and Fails are hand in hand when it comes to games.

Meanwhile here in the comics I'm sure the next issue which I believe is him, Tangle, and Whisper...I'm sure it'll be much better.

Much better than the recent games with him or the miniseries?

7 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

RI cover for Tangle Whisper 3!

Hide contents

EEZroyCWwAEISqj?format=jpg&name=medium

Art by Priscilla Tranmontano!

Priscilla is such a good addition to the roster. I hope she does some interiors someday. 

The covers got me intrigued on who her friends are...or former friends...which ever it turns out to be.

Well they're dead so I'd say they're pretty former friends. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Priscilla is such a good addition to the roster. I hope she does some interiors someday. 

She's doing lineart for issue 22 and 23.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Oh, it's the old guy!

Why does his beard look like that then?

On 9/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, DabigRG said:

How apropos.

Anyway, it seems slightly more productive to think about how this miniseries will affect the book going forward.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:26 AM, Shadowlax said:

I d

don't think its gonna do much, honestly. Unless you mean, by " will there be more miniseries " then yeah sure. 1 hundo.

Will the events effect the main book too much, I doubt it. I get the feeling sega wants things to stay in their lane so to speak.

To expand on what I meant by this, what do ya'll think will happen with Mimic at the end of this story?

To have more miniseries they can either:

-Do miniseries for the game characters like the Chaotix (that would be great, and the restrictions should not be a problem for the Chaotix unlike Shadow)

-Or create new characters to do miniseries about them.

12 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

To have more miniseries they can either:

-Do miniseries for the game characters like the Chaotix (that would be great, and the restrictions should not be a problem for the Chaotix unlike Shadow)

-Or create new characters to do miniseries about them.

True. Hopefully, the next miniseries will be the former.

However, I meant as far as the cast and story direction goes.

If they want to do another miniseries in the next year that has its own self-contained story, it’ll either have to be set before the zombot apocalypse, or be off-world (like something set in Blaze’s dimension).

6 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

(like something set in Blaze’s dimension).

This right here is an idea bound for greatness.

We know Blaze's world is water themed, now just expand on that.

Surprisingly never been done before (again).

13 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

If they want to do another miniseries in the next year that has its own self-contained story, it’ll either have to be set before the zombot apocalypse, or be off-world (like something set in Blaze’s dimension).

Set it after the zombot arc. Whenever somebody starts to mention it, potentially revealing important details such as how it's going to be resolved, they're interrupted by someone or something.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

To expand on what I meant by this, what do ya'll think will happen with Mimic at the end of this story?

If it isn't a sega character unless they are being actively assisted in some way , I doubt they want things that may have lasting changes on the world or the characters in it. I don't think the zombot thing happens without eggman helming it.

That's my take, it will be an open and shut thing explain what's going on with whisper... and that's it.

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

If it isn't a sega character unless they are being actively assisted in some way , I doubt they want things that may have lasting changes on the world or the characters in it. I don't think the zombot thing happens without eggman helming it.

That's my take, it will be an open and shut thing explain what's going on with whisper... and that's it.

...What? You wanna clarify what you mean by that a bit more.

35 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...What? You wanna clarify what you mean by that a bit more.

Ok. If you are talking about in terms of the comic as a thing in itself, It may result in more miniseries if succesful. However I think that was planned from the start. If IDW were pinning the future of spin of sonic material on two unknown new characters. That was ...really dumb to be quite honest. And I doubt they were.

If you mean narrative I do think this comic will have any tangible effect on what the comic besides a possible explanation for something. I do not think that sega wants things not from their own characters having tangible lasting effects on the world that isn't the result of their own characters in some way

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Ok. If you are talking about in terms of the comic as a thing in itself, It may result in more miniseries if succesful. However I think that was planned from the start. If IDW were pinning the future of spin of sonic material on two unknown new characters. That was ...really dumb to be quite honest. And I doubt they were.

If you mean narrative I do think this comic will have any tangible effect on what the comic besides a possible explanation for something. I do not think that sega wants things not from their own characters having tangible lasting effects on the world that isn't the result of their own characters in some way

Oh, okay. I suppose that sounds cynically right.

Though it does little to deter my Neo Metal Virus point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, just to definitively answer my own question, that's another thing I'm honestly of a mixed mind on. On one hand, I'm roughly 60% on Mimic sticking around as a distinct side villain given how easy they made him to manage(outside of content at least). On the other though, the rather straightforward way this story has been developing has already caused some doubt about the intrigue it partially had going in.