Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

@Silvereyes

The new x men is good, if you are talking about hickmans run. Read it.

Yeah he's supposed to immune to disease, people are speculating though it might make him sentient or he might like sonic said when he first got infected eventually become so angry , just gain sentience and rebel. This just in man so angry that he literally can't die.

8EfgA2B.jpg

I don't think it showed she was the real leader of anything. She never really gives objectives to anyone, and neither of them would listen anyway.  If anything it showed they are kinda barely a team because shadow is in fact not listening to anyone, and sega is dictating him to be that character. I wish they were more a team but , i'm not in charge so its whatever. And there's now a built in narrative back door to keep him from listening to her in any regard. So we will see where that goes I guess. At this point they exist as a team because technically they were a team once. But not even that according to sega, that's right I forgot. Sega said they weren't even a team, shadow just finds them useful. I forgot the new lore.

You are right, internet people didn't like that.They haven't stopped talking about, even the community manger and Ian Flynn didn't like it.

cover6.jpg

I don't think anyone has an issue with it being by the numbers. I think if anyone has issues its more so that they expected more stuff to be happening. I think a lot of people are really wondering about that shadow thing back during the whole invasion of angel island thing. And some impatient folks just wanted shadow fighting whisper or some shit book one.  But I'm seriously in doubt anything happens with that at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

...is the Ultimate Lifeform stuff meant to be illness proof?

Yes, that's exactly what he's suppose to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

The cover or story and anything specific you wanna elaborate on

Just the fight and how it wrapped up, from what I understand.

4 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

, my copies of #18, #19 Alright, Chao and Chocola get taken, but they are such minor "characters" I'm not too sure I count it. 

It's Cheese.

4 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

Gemerl is a character I know so little about since I havn't played the Advance games or Battle or remember anything from Sonic X's Battle arc. (Was he in that?) 

No, you're thinking of Emerl. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadowlax said:

what was supposed to happen

Didn't say. Its simply a case where there was a lot of back and forth with Sega that led to the end product. 

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

The new x men is good, if you are talking about hickmans run. Read it. 

I have no idea to be honest. I just looked at Forbidden Planet's listings, they list a new X-Men #1 in October, so I assumed they are relaunching the comic or something. I really don't read comics outside IDW Sonic, and I do want to try and get a little bit into Marvel.

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yes, that's exactly what he's suppose to be.

Ah OK. Again, shows how long I played those games. That and again, I'm not really a Shadow fan atall.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

It's Cheese.

My memory is live a civ.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

No, you're thinking of Emerl. 

I havn't played the Advance trilogy or Battle. All I know is that from a review I watched, I was under the impression that the robot shows up in Battle, then turns up in Advance 3 again? But there are actually 2 robots? Sorry, I really know nothing about that, especially from what I hear that Battle does have a big story.

48 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

I havn't played the Advance trilogy or Battle. All I know is that from a review I watched, I was under the impression that the robot shows up in Battle, then turns up in Advance 3 again? But there are actually 2 robots? Sorry, I really know nothing about that, especially from what I hear that Battle does have a big story.

Okay, technically, one was built from the other. So it's easy to say they are indeed the same. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming the virus works on Shadow because it's not a real virus. It's (Egg)man-made goop that covers you and turns you into a robot, not a natural thing. It makes sense for people (including Shadow) to think he might be immune, but I think this is a rare case of something that legitimately would have made sense either way.

53 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Ah OK. Again, shows how long I played those games.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure it was only ever explicitly stated in promotional material for SA2 and some other games. I don't recall if Maria being sick in the first place is made clear in the games.

53 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Emerl (who was built a long time ago by someone unknown (unless you listen to Sonic Chronicles but I digress)) was destroyed at the end of Battle. Eggman builds Gemerl based on his research of Emerl.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

I don't recall if Maria being sick in the first place is made clear in the games.

It's absolutely not said anywhere other than the manual.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Anyone else remember Starline's supposed accomplices whose debuts got delayed for whatever reason?

Rough and Tumble?

...and Rouge?

No, who are they suppose to be, or was literally nothing revealed about them except that?

Just now, StaticMania said:

Rough and Tumble?

...and Rouge?

No, who are they suppose to be, or was literally nothing revealed about them except that?

No--wait, Rouge?

Anyway, iirc there were supposed to be two other characters who were working with Starline, complete with special game inspired ability between the three of them, that ended up being pushed back because of changes to the plot or story order. 

I bring it up because I literally just remembered them while thinking in the new thread.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, Silvereyes said:

Gemerl is a rebuilt Emerl IIRC.

Gemerl is "a Gizoid created by Eggman from Emerl's data. (...) After his defeat, he was reprogrammed in the image of his predecessor. " if wikipedia can be believed.

For me it means that he's technically not Emerl, but was programmed to basically be Emerl (personality wise, anyway). So his personality is a complex mix of Sonic, his friends (with big emphasis on Cream), Eggman, his 3 different programmings (gizoid, eggman, tails), but in broad strokes he should be Sonic only bigger softie.

Well sega says his personality is " Robot " now.

Uh, fantastic creative editorial decisions. Really needed them to reign in this character that no one was using and would cause no harm with any interpretation. Ian Flynn was really wilin out there by giving him a personality that wasn't " Robot " he really needed to be checked good job sega

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Dang forgot about that, I figure when shit goes to pot and starline defects he will find those two

Flynn needs to do that as soon as possible, Sarline is just bland

Random thought, but I really hope if IDW does a second round of Deviations, we get a bad ending version of this arc. That variant with all the characters turned into zombots is way too interesting not to explore in a what if. I’d love to see Silver trying to survive in the zombot future he mentioned in a previous issue, could be like his fight against the Prelates in Sonic Universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Gemerl is "a Gizoid created by Eggman from Emerl's data. (...) After his defeat, he was reprogrammed in the image of his predecessor. " if wikipedia can be believed.

This affirmation isn't sourced on the wikia. Honestly, for me it's just a fan that added their theory here, because I don't remember any mention of that in any game nor interview.

There's no indication they were able to restore Emerl's personality or anything. I honestly found Shard!Gemerl kinda weird in part because of that, though I guess I can understand not wanting to retread Emerl's arc or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really didn't like Gemerl just being not!Shard. This series has enough quippy action guys. I've always liked the idea of him having a reserved, almost butler-like personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

I really didn't like Gemerl just being not!Shard. This series has enough quippy action guys. I've always liked the idea of him having a reserved, almost butler-like personality.

You mean something like this?

I don't think gemerald needs to be shard again, its just weird to me that sega was like " Nah, we really need to monitor the usage of this character we literally do not use and holds little value to us in terms of revenue because he's not even used in merch"

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Dang forgot about that, I figure when shit goes to pot and starline defects he will find those two

Probably. Which would arguably be a bit of a shame for some, but ah well.

8 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

For me it means that he's technically not Emerl, but was programmed to basically be Emerl (personality wise, anyway). So his personality is a complex mix of Sonic, his friends (with big emphasis on Cream), Eggman, his 3 different programmings (gizoid, eggman, tails), but in broad strokes he should be Sonic only bigger softie.

Reprogrammed.

And given Cream had the most input, Gemerl would indeed most likely resemble a gentle, protective Sonic more than anything.