Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Cover B of issue 24 and I'm geeking out-

EE6jlasWsAItAAp?format=jpg&name=large

It uses the Sprite style of the Sonic Advance series, which I find really charming imo.

Sonic Advance 4 for the Switch WHEN?!

Oh that's nice, that's some real nice work. This one sprite gives fan-hackers reference for "Tangle in Sonic Advance".

No one's gonna do it because who even really does those games, but someone might do a full sheet.

Seeing new artwork done in this style is amazing and the background reminds me of...Rooftops.

5 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Cover B of issue 24 and I'm geeking out-

EE6jlasWsAItAAp?format=jpg&name=large

It uses the Sprite style of the Sonic Advance series, which I find really charming imo.

Sonic Advance 4 for the Switch WHEN?!

How many pixels go into Tangle's tail?

The synopsis to go with said cover:

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Adam Bryce Thomas (CA) Jonathan Gray, Reggie Graham

“The Last One Out.” As the Metal Virus spreads, Tangle’s hometown of Spiral Hill Village stands as one of the last strongholds of the uninfected. Sonic, Tangle, and the remaining heroes of the Restoration make a stand, but will it be enough?
In Shops: Dec 18, 2019

Final Orders Due: Nov 25, 2019

SRP: $3.99

Also, there's apparently a textless variant:

fNI1Djf.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 11:37 AM, Marco9966 said:

He also tried to make Sticks show up twice, but SEGA didn't want that.

So, no Sticks for IDW.

Third time might be the charm. Remember what happened with Nega? Sega’s funny like that.

49 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Third time might be the charm. Remember what happened with Nega? Sega’s funny like that.

Hopefully there's an nega time period where they stop caring. But they seem to be hella heavy on some brand management stuff, so I dunno if it will be anytime soon

18 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

What story telling exactly

The involvement of other villains that raise the stakes above what Eggman generally wants. 

What thing was it this time

The one about her and Dodon Pa being designed to have a lasting presence in the series. 

Is there a " where characters might live " list?

Not really? 

I was referring to what we know about their homey life, like Knuckles and Cream. 

If the comic keeps getting delayed, at what point does that just become the new schedule.

One thing that weirds me out is gemril restrictions. As much as I don't like the ones around shadow... I get the idea? He's hella popular and they probs plan on using him a lot more now because of that so many they want a consistent baseline. That baseline seems to be and has been turning people off and hopefully they notice it. But like I get the idea

Who the crap was gonna use gemril in any serious way ...ever for them to have restrictions. LIke its stuff like that, that makes me think its just iizuka george lucas-ing over everything. Because some people were speculating it was some sega higher up, but what sega higher up gives a shit about gemeril.  None of the other characters seem to be under such restrictions. Its weird

What story telling exactly

What thing was it this time

Is there a " where characters might live " list?

It was a band aid on a gaping wound.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Or Cream, more like.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Another cover for #24! I love this one!

70590937_10218996955582070_7926579998394155008_o.jpg

I see the Rogues, Marine, Froggy, and Omochao. But no Mimic. Hm....

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Why is Dodon Pa in the Zombot side?

Is he threre?

Just now, StaticMania said:

Because he's a villain in this alternative universe...

Also...Captain Whiskers but no Johnny?

Him too?

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The involvement of other villains that raise the stakes above what Eggman generally wants. 

Fair

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The one about her and Dodon Pa being designed to have a lasting presence in the series. 

With the gemril information, it legit seems the bar is It kinda just seems like bias because Sonic Boom wasn't a thing he was directly involved with.

4 hours ago, Red said:

Another cover for #24! I love this one!

70590937_10218996955582070_7926579998394155008_o.jpg

Holy cow, everybody gets turned! EVERYBODY. As the only current narrative Sonic material, it’s really picking up the slack.

26 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

Cover art =/= actual in-comic events

Yep exactly this. While I don’t expect every character to get infected, for those who don’t it’s cool to see what they would look like as a zombot :) Curiosity satisfied!