Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Forgetful Panda said:

Who’s the artist? I wanna say Jen Hernandez, but I’m not sure.

I think she just did the colors and ink, while another artist did the pencils

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

What do you think  of the previews??

Spoiler

I'm surprised Tails didn't create any sort of defense system, but I'm not sure what would work against the Zombots anyway or prevent drawing attention to himself.

55 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Chronicles suggests that it is given that Tails' Lab is there and that GUN's HQ is there.

Chronicles.. is Chronicles. And the city looks completely different.

Ok why would they have NO ONE guard the supposed only person who can find a cure. That just seems really dumb. I can understand sending out a rescue effort as failing to do so would apply more pressure to eventually come to the lab, but still nobody to keep guard is really irresponsible.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I think you might be reaching.

The more likely explanation at this reaction is that he is...assuming that Dr. Starline is going to brainwash him into being a different person.

Well, nah, I'm not saying he remembers being Eggman in this state.

I'm saying that the Mr. Tinker persona - which still came from somewhere deep down in Eggman's subconscious - knows Eggman is a bad guy and doesn't want to be him. Ergo, some part of Eggman doesn't want to be a bad guy. It's a small bit of nuance, but one I appreciate all the same.

19 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I've been thinking. Before regaining his memories, Mr. Tinker exclaims "I don't want to be Eggman!" I just really find that fascinating.

3WkYatA.jpg

Some part of Eggman, without the memories of his villainous career, manifested as a kind, compassionate inventor who just wants to help people. Some part of him that recoils at the very thought of becoming a supervillain again. Some part of him that just wants to live the rest of his life in peace.

That's probably the extent of what we'll ever see of this aspect of the character here, but I still think it's interesting. "Mr. Tinker" didn't come out of nowhere; Eggman's own mind formed that persona in the absence of any other memories to go on. He genuinely felt and thought and did kind things of his own volition.

I know it's beyond the scope of what Sega would ever allow Ian to do, but it really makes me wonder what set Eggman on the path to conquest in the first place. He just seemed so much happier and so much more fulfilled as a good guy, and it kinda makes me wonder what drove him away from that path originally.

Oh yeah, good point. I guess we just assumed he wanted nothing to do with the legacy, let alone the war.

6 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Would have been nice if Eggman stayed good for a while and help Sonic & co stop a new villain.

Yeah, actually. 

Or perhaps simply offer some assistance, but otherwise abstaining from all the violence. 

3 hours ago, Slashy said:

But appears in Chronicles and is populated by GUN soldiers. Also GUN and the President play a small role in Battle's story.

I don't think SEGA likes crossing the streams, so it has gotta be the human world.

Then that was likely the Shadow's Game version. 

Wait, they do? 

3 hours ago, Celestia said:

Edit: Oh wait, Central City is named in ShTH. Never mind then! I could believe them being different cities with the same name though.

Essentially. 

3 hours ago, Slashy said:

Couldn't SEGA be consistent about the Two Worlds then? Shouldn't they be telling Flynn that Central City is a human world location?

Not if it's based in something else.

If the President doesn't show up, then it's not that one. 

2 hours ago, Forgetful Panda said:

At least we now know Tails canonically has labs in different places.

I thought that was obvious. 

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I'm surprised Tails didn't create any sort of defense system, but I'm not sure what would work against the Zombots anyway or prevent drawing attention to himself.

Spoiler

He said Eggman hit the city just as they arrived, so he didn't have a chance.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Ok why would they have NO ONE guard the supposed only person who can find a cure. That just seems really dumb. I can understand sending out a rescue effort as failing to do so would apply more pressure to eventually come to the lab, but still nobody to keep guard is really irresponsible.

Because he doesn't need it?

Or rather it's only those two with him.

Maybe there are 3 worlds. Mobius, the Human world, and Green Hill world. Green Hill world is just nothing but various Green Hill alike zones, which Sonic and co must always travel to once per game.

4 hours ago, Slashy said:

Couldn't SEGA be consistent about the Two Worlds then? Shouldn't they be telling Flynn that Central City is a human world location?

TBF they aren't consistent anyway. Rush appears to be in Sonic's world instead of earth but there's a G.U.N. ship as a stage so who knows? 

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

TBF they aren't consistent anyway. Rush appears to be in Sonic's world instead of earth but there's a G.U.N. ship as a stage so who knows? 

They can travel between the two worlds--this was established alongside the fact that there are two worlds to begin with. 

Also, Dr. Nega intentionally had Eggman steal the Sol Emeralds because he didn't care about the consequences of disturbing the balance with the Sol Dimension. So also possible the GUN Carrier(which he appears to have hijacked anyway) simply got snatched up in the chaos.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Because he doesn't need it?

Or rather it's only those two with him.

It's more a matter of insurance. It's nuts to be so lax.

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

It's more a matter of insurance. It's nuts to be so lax.

Hm.

I suppose it begs the question of who else they could've sent alongside them.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

I wonder if Tails is allowed to be scared in this situation.

He's in a position where it would make total sense if he was.

Of course. He is the only one who can make a cure, and pretty much all of his attacks require touching an enemy which he can't do in this case. So he's not left with much options besides work on the cure.

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Hm.

I suppose it begs the question of who else they could've sent alongside them.

I'm shocked they didn't have Silver stay with him. He is the go to person to keep pressure off Tails with his psychic powers. He's a perfect counter to the zombots you can't touch.

3 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

He's a perfect counter to the zombots you can't touch.

So is Shadow in theory if he had bothered to use his space distortion hax via Chaos Control.

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

So is Shadow in theory if he had bothered to use his space distortion hax via Chaos Control.

Probably not that simple or he'd have done that. Silver's psychic powers are easy for him to use and don't require him to touch anyone. He really should be protecting the lab.

9 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Honestly, simply using Chaos Spear was working since it's a projectile. Heck, I think he actually used the boosters in his shoes at one point.

7 minutes ago, MainJP said:

In theory, but I severely doubt Shadow would be capable of spamming Chaos Control or Chaos Spear without draining himself out in a shorter manner of time. It also worth noting that Shadows pride essentially forced him to attempt to brute force his way through the ZomBots, even after Sonic warned him not too... so if he didn't keep his distance then you can't trust him to keep his distance now.

Whisper is a fine choice a personal bodyguard. She has a ton of battlefield experience as a cover-fire type sniper and most of her wispon settings allow her to keep her distance while still retaining a good deal of versatility.

I mean, I feel like if we are going down the route of realistically fighting the Zombot invasion, I would of thought wearing protective gear would be an obvious first step. Something like a space suit or even a quarantine outfit, or perhaps something akin to the red, white, and black suits the Avengers used in Endgame. Not that it would do much good if you did get caught by a mob of Zombots, but it would at least give you a slightly better chance to survive.

It seems like Rouge is the only who has an outfit that covers most of her body, which would probably give her the best chance, not to mention she could fly too.

5 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

It seems like Rouge is the only who has an outfit that covers most of her body, which would probably give her the best chance, not to mention she could fly too.

Oh the irony.

• Chuckle 1

16 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Why are you assuming it can't effect her clothing...?

Unless this protective gear is all metal, it's no dicing.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Why are you assuming it can't effect her clothing...?

Unless this protective gear is all metal, it's no dicing.

I think you're taking my comment more seriously than I intended. Personally, I was under the impression that so far, the metal virus goop didn't really disolve clothing or the like. It just took effect once it made skin contact. And this is the Sonic universe, I'm sure if the writers wanted to, they could invent a suit that meant the goop couldn't reach them. The issue would be risk of breach when attacked by swarms of feral Zombots.

3 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

...I'm sure if the writers wanted to, they could invent a suit that meant the goop couldn't reach them.

Well...it's not much, but surely Cream the Rabbit could fit inside of a hollowed out Gemerl.

That takes time off of actually building something.

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Well...it's not much, but surely Cream the Rabbit could fit inside of a hollowed out Gemerl.

That takes time off of actually building something.

Wow, that sounded really dark for some reason.