Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

20 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

What would give you that idea? The metal virus was shown right of the bat with the ability to turn inanimate objects alongside flesh and blood. In the testing phase, it instantly trans-mutates the flower petals (while the living bark is a bit more resilient). When mobians are turned, they keep their gloves and shoes too. Clothing is fair game. Almost anything non-metal has proven to be an effective conduit.

I was under the impression it merely spread on objects which isn't organic. Hence if it got on your clothing, if you were quick enough to get the clothing off before it spread and reached your skin, you could survive.

11 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Eggman's tests show it doesn't affect anything "inorganic or processed" (when tested on a rock, some motobug parts, and a sandwich). Organic fibers might be fair game but it should still be possible to make an effective hazmat suit.

Basically what I was thinking. A hazmat suit should be possible to survive the goop, but the problem would be Zombots trying to tear at the suit, which would let the goop seep in.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Who do you think will be infected next?

I think the next 3 issues may have events that happen at the same time(-ish) so probably won’t know chronological order until all 3 have been released, but in terms of who the readers find out about first, I’m guessing Whisper and/or Tails for the next issue. 

We know it won’t be Tangle because she’s featured in the solicits of issue 24 as being one of the ‘remaining’ heroes fighting alongside Sonic. They make no mention of Whisper in those solicits so I’m wondering if she gets infected sooner. 

Just caught up with the IDW Sonic comic and Tangle and Whisper , I've been super busy! hence my lack of presence on this grand site. Lots of stuff going on in them , don't know where to start.

I think Sonic will succumb to the virus eventually for a while , every issue he's struggling more and more. 

Starline is gonna cross Eggman  in a big way if he brings in the Zeti. That will probably spell the end of their partnership which could be interesting as Starline could become a thorn in both Eggman and Sonics sides.

Tangle and Whisper is a bit meh if I'm honest , though this 'Mimic' is quite interesting.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Arent there supposed to be more preview pages as the release date approaches?

perhaps the issue is delayed...once more

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

A delay?

Perfect, as Silver the Hedgehog would say.

Also you can't rush perfection.

Delays Happened this often over at archie....I Thought IDW was better than archie and I'm Still ready to jump back into the comics soon but these delays do not make me think things are any different

8 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

No extra preview pages a whole three days before release?

Yes, that totally means it’s delayed.

would it surprise you if it was?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:02 AM, Marco9966 said:

Who do you think will be infected next?

Not Amy apparently. Or Sonic and Tails.

So probably one of the Chaotix. 

Just now, Forgetful Panda said:

No, but the point is you’re jumping to a conclusion.

as far as sonic comics go...isn't stupid stuff happening par the course?

all that aside i hope i don't regret hopping back in

On 9/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, Silvereyes said:

I reckon we've got to lose Tails in issue #21. The best way to get to Sonic is for him to lose his best friend to the virus.

Honestly, I was under the impression that Sonic himself would've been transformed before that point.

13 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Transform Sonic then have Amy and Tails deal with things.

Or just Tails, but yes. That'd be something

I just realized I seemingly contradicted myself.

36 minutes ago, Rouge_Witchy said:

as far as sonic comics go...isn't stupid stuff happening par the course?

all that aside i hope i don't regret hopping back in

You won't the comics are fun to read the artists are working very hard

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You won't the comics are fun to read the artists are working very hard

I Wouldn't doubt that...suppose it's unfortunate i haven't read them until now and my source(TFAW)doesn't really have much so i have to deal with just hopping in the middle of this and hoping I'm not too confused

Just now, Rouge_Witchy said:

I Wouldn't doubt that...suppose it's unfortunate i haven't read them until now and my source(TFAW)doesn't really have much so i have to deal with just hopping in the middle of this and hoping I'm not too confused

There is comixology.

This comic is composed of: Sonic The Hedgehog (main comic), and Tangle & Whisper (miniseries)

Try to not get spoilers. You can binge read the 20 issues.

The first 4 issues are slow.

Fun begins at issue 5

Then more surprises!

i didn't even think much about it until now because my pulls were loaded but squirrel girl's concluding soon and that's what has brought me here

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Honestly, I was under the impression that Sonic himself would've been transformed before that point.

To be honest, I just assumed that wouldn't happen purely because Sega would want Sonic to be focus of the comic, and having him turn would mean other characters would have to be the central character in his absence. Mind you, the fact that we are getting 2 comics in a row that apparently won't have Sonic as the focus is good. Who knows, it might be happen, but I feel like such a development could only last 1, maybe 2 issues at most. Reminds me a little of the Iron Dominion arc from Archie Sonic, when Sonic and co leave Knothole for a while to fight for help in a Sonic Universe storyline leaving other Freedom Fighters having to fight off the Iron Dominion... for 1 issue, when Sonic and co arrive like as if they were only gone for 5 minutes.

sometimes i wonder if Sega knows that children aren't the ones primarily buying this stuff...i mean i can't honestly say I've seen many children these days who say they love sonic or that sonic's one of their favorite characters

not to mention it's been awhile since I've stumbled upon sonic merch in a store