Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that enjoyed the Shattered World Crisis Saga. 

I liked Shattered World Crisis too. In a lot of ways it was a step up from the original source by putting almost every characters’ hands on deck and involving them instead of ignoring them like Unleashed did.

I just thought it handled itself poorly and was in an obvious rush to climax near the final parts to the point it felt like it was just dragging things until the end.

Mind you, I place most of the blame on SWC’s faults on Worlds Unite for coming in at the absolute worst moment. But it still goes without saying that SWC could’ve done a much better job than it did in several places, notably in how it handled Chip.

At the very least, it provided a damn good send off for the series before IDW.

• Thumbs Up 1

Besides the fact that I still disagree with IDW being similar to Archie, I think to call it Archie-lite is disgusting because it sounds like this is worse than that disjointed mess Archie was not including the ugly set of main characters. I definitely disliked the Shattered Whatever Saga because 3 years for an adaptation that I'm just not invested in was so tiring, but aside from a couple of good arcs it was just world building and characters introductions.

1 hour ago, Tangled Jack said:

Besides the fact that I still disagree with IDW being similar to Archie, I think to call it Archie-lite is disgusting because it sounds like this is worse than that disjointed mess Archie was not including the ugly set of main characters.

Which is the complete opposite of what is actually being said, so you’re really just looking for something to be offended over to the point of stirring things up when they don’t need to be...

9 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I liked Shattered World Crisis too. In a lot of ways it was a step up from the original source by putting almost every characters’ hands on deck and involving them instead of ignoring them like Unleashed did.

I just thought it handled itself poorly and was in an obvious rush to climax near the final parts to the point it felt like it was just dragging things until the end.

Mind you, I place most of the blame on SWC’s faults on Worlds Unite for coming in at the absolute worst moment. But it still goes without saying that SWC could’ve done a much better job than it did in several places, notably in how it handled Chip.

At the very least, it provided a damn good send off for the series before IDW.

Yeah, apparently, there was some limitations on SEGA's ends regarding how much they used Chip, iirc.

Wasn't there also a delay or too near the end as well?

Fucking hell, I know they don’t want another situation like Penders, but Sega just can’t resist being overprotective to the point of being inflexible, huh?

Like I said once before: it’s like a parent banning their kid from ever watching TV because they can’t bothered to make sure they’re not watching something inappropriate.

2 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Fucking hell, I know they don’t want another situation like Penders, but Sega just can’t resist being overprotective to the point of being inflexible, huh?

It's both consistent and confusing: they weren't allowed to even show him for the Another Time Another Place backup(which is why it ends abruptly with Sonic transforming back after landing), but then they greenlit an entire arc around his sole appearance for what ended up being nearly all of the reboot. 

Not to mention he's 60% comic relief anyway. 

I wish they would approve a Blaze miniseries, by listenning to Ian Flynn's enthusiasm about exploring the Sol dimension on his latest bumblekast. But SEGA wouldnt want origin stories to their official characters...

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e50022a4462aa2066d0212a2a6cb619a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7804058d0b551fe9d11a492b96c071ae.jpeg

B covers for #22 and T&W#3

Hide contents

Hello there, Charmy.

Well this isn't something I expected to see. 🤯

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Espio looks so freaked out for some reason, he must be allergix to chao cookies.

Ch'yeah, the hecks up with him?

Spoiler

"Silver is handling the evacuation of Ice Paradise on his own"

They mentioned Ice Paradise? I'm glad that Sonic Advance 2 (and the Advance series in general, considering that Gemerl is in the comic) is finally getting some love.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Iko said:
  Hide contents

"Silver is handling the evacuation of Ice Paradise on his own"

They mentioned Ice Paradise? I'm glad that Sonic Advance 2 (and the Advance series in general, considering that Gemerl is in the comic) is finally getting some love.

Oh, same. The handheld games in general tend to go largely overlooked (barring Rush) when it comes to being referenced again - both by the games and supplementary material. Seeing anything from a Game Gear or GBA game get a callback is a rare treat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is SEGA so allergic to creative stories in an... alternate continuity? 😐 IDW is supposed to be its own universe, right? So idk why SEGA can't let Ian have more fun. He's not Penders, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Mega said:

Why is SEGA so allergic to creative stories in an... alternate continuity? 😐 IDW is supposed to be its own universe, right? So idk why SEGA can't let Ian have more fun. He's not Penders, after all.

But...this whole story is the different from anything we've ever seen in Sonic before? 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Mega said:

What are you referring to in particular?