Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 hours ago, Mega said:

Why is SEGA so allergic to creative stories in an... alternate continuity? 😐 IDW is supposed to be its own universe, right? So idk why SEGA can't let Ian have more fun. He's not Penders, after all.

They have an image they want to project.

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

They have an image they want to project.

and that image has not really helped the sonic games....they seem more concerned about protecting some status quo than actually making good sonic content

1 hour ago, Rouge_Witchy said:

and that image has not really helped the sonic games....they seem more concerned about protecting some status quo than actually making good sonic content

I agree with you

Not only do I agree with you , I'm on the more radical end. I feel like they have been thinking about maybe rebooting this 3d sonic thing. And I want them to go for it,  i want character design changes, I want story changes,I want changes to how they have been thinking about 3d gameplay and the objective itself and what actually needs to be focused on. I want them to do wild shit

All that said , I was just saying what the deal was

On 10/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, Diogenes said:

Someone infected but hiding it. Classic zombie movie trope.

I'm saying it's Tails. Everyone in the Restoration knows that Sonic is infected by now. 

6 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I'm saying it's Tails. Everyone in the Restoration knows that Sonic is infected by now. 

Huh. Kind of the opposite of what we were lead to expect beforehand if true.

No this issue is a flashback, it happens at the same time as last issue, while Tails was at his lab.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

How do you think the miniseries will wrap up at this point, considering part 3 is gonna be at least half backstory? 

they go to a nice shop and order a couple coffee's and then whisper turns to look out the window and sees a metalic mobian trying to break in

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How do you think the miniseries will wrap up at this point, considering part 3 is gonna be at least half backstory? 

That's plenty of time for Tangle and Whisper to catch mimic with some newfound synergy.

I'm actually thinking about the next miniseries. I'm pretty sure they said there'll be another one and I'm thinking about how in the current arc Rouge is MIA and that's got me thinking could the next Mini be about what she's up to?

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

That's plenty of time for Tangle and Whisper to catch mimic with some newfound synergy.

So another, "Imposing villain goes down in a few pages, than some wrapup" for part 4 then? 

47 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm actually thinking about the next miniseries. I'm pretty sure they said there'll be another one and I'm thinking about how in the current arc Rouge is MIA and that's got me thinking could the next Mini be about what she's up to?

That'd be cool if things weren't ridiculously jank right now.

27 minutes ago, Zulon Eredas said:

I know its a long shot, but I hope that IDW will release Sonic: Mega Drive - Overdrive.

Yep. Though I believe they should just cut out the middle man and release the graphic novel.

• Thumbs Up 5

So given the cover of #24 is there a chance Sonic will become a zombot in that issue? At the very least I am hoping he does turn eventually, even it's just for a single issue, since all the close calls keep teasing it and Sonic's speed is slowly becoming less and less effective. Plus Sonic is already flat-out exhausted as it is. Sooner or later his body is just going to shut down from lack of rest.

Actually they're on Previews World and have been for hours.

Big is a survivor and masks act as Wisp translators.

5 minutes ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Actually they're on Previews World and have been for hours.

Hide contents

Big is a survivor and masks act as Wisp translators.

Can you post the links?

I love how Ian Flynn makes good use of some "not much liked" modern elements like the Wisps and the Zetis.

What other game elements you'd like him to do (maybe Chao gardens)

• Thumbs Up 1

Shouldn't the mask need to be on her ears for her to hear-

Spoiler

-the Wisps' speaking English?

Maybe Sonic's Worldians hear through their eyes.. *takes note of lore*