Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

18 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

That's because Shadow also disappeared during 6 months before appearing again (when he saves Sonic from a Shadow clone in Sonic Forces).

In the Sonic forces prequel comic number 3 and Episode Shadow we can assume Infinite traps Shadow in a pocket dimension.

Wanna point again we cant assume that. He litterally doesn't do it. He just turned on the base destruction button and left.

So the hedgehogs MIA are: Sonic trapped in the death Egg, Shadow trapped in the pocket dimension

So shadow isnt trapped it's a plothole they clearly do not want to address and might not be able to given the infinite restrictions

And now there seems to be the implication that the shadow clones didn't exist

Edit: please require my previous post with the spoiler tags included

15 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

They said hedgehogs were Mia, the only two hedgehogs he could be referring to are sonic and shadow.

Aaaaa. Forgive me for missing a single letter. Okay, you're right, but that doesn't changes my point.

Flynn CHOOSE (or was told to) keep Phantom Shadow away. Story still work, perhaps be slightly better, if

Spoiler

Phantom Shadow was here doing the killing, rather than resurrecting very similar plot device to do basically the same thing.

It would be more vicious, watching "Shadow" killing those folks, rather than bunch of look-a-like robots. But  I can imagine Sega being offended by this, seeing how picky they are with IDW.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Wanna point again we cant assume that. He litterally doesn't do it. He just turned on the base destruction button and left.

So shadow isnt trapped it's a plothole they clearly do not want to address and might not be able to given the infinite restrictions

And now there seems to be the implication that the shadow clones didn't exist

In this comic we see wisps, and chao

we see

1 minute ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Aaaaa. Forgive me for missing a single letter. Okay, you're right, but that doesn't changes my point.

Flynn CHOOSE (or was told to) keep Phantom Shadow away. Story still work, perhaps be slightly better, if

Hide contents

Phantom Shadow was here doing the killing, rather than resurrecting very similar plot device to do basically the same thing.

It would be more vicious, watching "Shadow" killing those folks, rather than bunch of look-a-like robots. But  I can imagine Sega being offended by this, seeing how picky they are with IDW.

Thats true, better be robots doing this than shadow clones

11 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Hide contents

Oh I'm not arguing your point. I thought that would be the proceedings. I'm as surprised as you are.

I was just mentioning that.

Speaking of which shootouts to whisper 's aim during that flash back to last year.

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In this comic we see wisps, and chao

we see

Yeah and in this comic gemril cant have a character and infinite cant show up. There are weird rules and this plays into some stuff people were suspect of last year. Or maybe its Flynn's own choice due to other restrictions or a combination of both. Either way, yeah

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh I'm not arguing your point. I thought that would be the proceedings. I'm as surprised as you are.

I was just mentioning that.

Speaking of which shootouts to whisper 's aim during that flash back to last year.

Yeah and in this comic gemril cant have a character and infinite cant show up. There are weird rules and this plays into some stuff people were suspect of last year

You can say we'll never address Infinite and Shadow clone (because frankly, Sonic Foces is full of plot holes and bad writing), but it happened. Eggman used this for his conquest.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You can say we'll never address Infinite and Shadow clone (because frankly, Sonic Foces is full of plot holes and bad writing), but it happened. Eggman used this for his conquest.

Not if they dont want to have happened and dont want to reference it

Retcons, that's the rub

Remember when shadow was a gun agent

Not if they dont want to have happened and dont want to reference it

Retcons, that's the rub

You can also say issue 7 was a retcon. In Forces Eggman said his final plan was the death egg robot. but in IDW his final plan was Neo metal Sonic.

BUT

Death Egg robot still happened (flashback in issue 1)

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You can also say issue 7 was a retcon. In Forces Eggman said his final plan was the death egg robot. but in IDW his final plan was Neo metal Sonic.

BUT

Death Egg robot still happened (flashback in issue 1)

Those are two different situations this runs consistent with previous info and sega in particular has been noted to be very particular about the character in question.

I could talking directly out of my ass and one shows up next issue

But for now, seems consistent

#22 was alright. It felt rushed to me compared to last issue where not much was going on, and I would have liked to see them explore the creepy vibe of the whole base setting more instead of hell breaking loose immediately, but I guess there wasn't enough space for that. Quite surprised Sonic wasn't shoehorned into this one at all.

Spoiler

RIP Vanilla and Vector, you were the only adults in this story so there weren't many other way for this to go down. Gotta admit Vector's sacrifice and going out with a smile hit me harder than expected - yes, bringing Charmy in was a huge mistake, but also very human; he owned up to it and it really showed what a protective dad figure he is to his boys.

The fact that someone turned full zombot that exact moment they were passing through however felt way more bullshit to me, it was obviously just for moving the story along but there could have been a better way to get this one rolling. Heck, I get the feeling infected cast members like Shadow will soon be under control of the Deadly Six, so they could have used this plot point to get Charmy there.

How did yal feel about the art on the main book

Could be better, but the artist can progress. Even Evan Stanley and ABT were beginners when they were hired by Archie.

43 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Could be better, but the artist can progress. Even Evan Stanley and ABT were beginners when they were hired by Archie.

If I'm to offer criticism. The anatomy needs a bit of work.

That said I think this one was rushed? So I'm not bugging, but it's very noticeable

Just now, Shadowlax said:

If I'm to offer criticism. The anatomy needs a bit of work.

That said I think this one was rushed? So I'm not bugging, but it's very noticeable

Even the issue before it felt rushed.

But we get better art the next 2 issues are by the more experienced artists like Jack Lawrence and ABT

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Record scratch

Oh wow they are just retconning forces

Shoutouts to shadow the hedgehog ( game references) . Also I guess that's how they do that, kind of a cop out but there's one more issue.

But uh retcons huh

I mean...Ian's been saying since day 1 the games didn't happen 1:1 in the IDW continuity. If only there were like Game Adaptations to show us how the events of Adventure-Forces happened in this universe.

Seriously I can't be the only one who wants those, right? An Original Graphic Novel or miniseries maybe do them as their own spinoff book? Just if the games events aren't exactly how they were in the IDW universe it'd be a good idea to show them off IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I mean...Ian's been saying since day 1 the games didn't happen 1:1 in the IDW continuity. If only there were like Game Adaptations to show us how the events of Adventure-Forces happened in this universe.

Seriously I can't be the only one who wants those, right? An Original Graphic Novel or miniseries maybe do them as their own spinoff book? Just if the games events aren't exactly how they were in the IDW universe it'd be a good idea to show them off IMHO.

I just want what if material in general. Lot of potnlential. What if the echidna's didn't get killed. What if everyone was gender swapped. What a certain character got turned evil ( blank kills the sonic universe ) good eggman was another what if I want elaborated on in isolation.

Cant do it no more but I always had an idea for a what if tails through an unfortunate series of accidents became king of the acorn kingdom

Side bar, while not 1:1 as we have learned with uh...certain characterizations. These things maybe indicative of greater directions being taken. It just feels....really specific to me. It's just weird

I think something more akin to Archie’s Mobius Timeline would fill that hole better. It doesn’t need to retell the entire story, but fill us in on the essential bullet points of each adventure.

I wonder if the Chaotix have a Charmy tracker, like they promised him ice cream but instead got him microchipped at the vet in case he runs off again after their usual arguments. Kinda suspicious to track down a bee so easily in the middle of the apocalypse > : 0

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Even the issue before it felt rushed.

But we get better art the next 2 issues are by the more experienced artists like Jack Lawrence and ABT

I think ABT is gonna do the art for issue 24

E: and Jack Lawrence for the next issue

16 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

I wonder if the Chaotix have a Charmy tracker, like they promised him ice cream but instead got him microchipped at the vet in case he runs off again after their usual arguments. Kinda suspicious to track down a bee so easily in the middle of the apocalypse > : 0

I like how you suggest they got him microchipped at the vet though.

Though it would be neat if they called their normal doctors vets because they are animals

13 minutes ago, Pumpkin Spice Ultima said:

I think ABT is gonna do the art for issue 24

E: and Jack Lawrence for the next issue

I like your name

About Tangle & Whisper

what exactly was being retconned here? Are they implying the phantom Shadows in Forces were actually Shadow androids? ‘cos I‘m not seeing any connection between the two.

Feels a bit contrived for someone infected to be able to sneak in when Gemerl can trivially scan everyone and has been hyper-vigilant about any zombots getting in. Minor complaint, though. Otherwise the issue's fine...though I still don't feel like the emotional beats land as well as they should. T&W continues to be much more successful at that.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's hilarious how much the issue just tossed Vanilla aside like that. The first panel she appears in and it's like "Whoops I'm infected" with no build up. 

Then you have Vector who has the most badass death yet with plenty of build up. 

I'm still probably not going to read another issue until the threat is over now because I'm a chickenshit who was having a minor crisis at work.

42 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Feels a bit contrived for someone infected to be able to sneak in when Gemerl can trivially scan everyone and has been hyper-vigilant about any zombots getting in. Minor complaint, though. Otherwise the issue's fine...though I still don't feel like the emotional beats land as well as they should. T&W continues to be much more successful at that.

That cloak is scanner proof, able to bypass the strongest of organic detection equipment...

Either that or G-Mel doesn't really have that and nothing about it has been mentioned so far.