Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

11 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

there is a criticism going around that suggests tangle is a better sonic than sonic. Because of her ability to be emotionally intimate and venerable, and i dissagee ?

Oh geez.

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

What in the world is the d6 gonna even do

Try to take control of the zombots and further rock the place.

Also, remember that plot point with the weird omega looking robot from year 1

So that's just gone right?

Which one?

10 hours ago, Celestia said:
  Hide contents

I really like the Shadow Android designs in T&W#3, specifically the eyes. Though I wish they looked "pointier" to reflect the low poly look they had in ShTH (aside from the multiplayer ones anyway and those were obviously the real inspiration). :P

Ch'yeah. :lol:

10 hours ago, Celestia said:

On a lighter(?) note

Jon why!!!

Criminy. 

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

There was a silver robot, year one. I swear this is real looked like an e series looked kinda like omega, was brought out as part of a big plan. I think maybe the idea was to have like omega evil or converted or something ,but plans changed and omega just wasn't in year 1 at all.

Silver robot...what, E-107 Theta?

10 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That " weird omega looking robot from year 1 " appeared in #8. It was just another of E-100 series, like Gamma. Archie Reboot had tons of those bastards, I guess Flynn wasn't sure yet if he wants to still use them in IDW or not. (If you ask me he should continue the numbering of Archie, pretending it's still the same line. It would be cool).

It's funny too  cause Theta was previously mentioned in the solicit for the Chase only for it to be corrected into E-106 Eta. And this raised eyebrows because before then, he was also mentoned in Mobius 30 Year Later as being a part of this big crisis that Sonic stopped in the past.

5 hours ago, Celestia said:

Wow. I actually forgot the droids had eyes like that already (granted, not the orange ones).

It doesn't help that when I first read the issue I also thought they were the normal red-striped ones. My eyesight is as bad as my memory. Get off my lawn

Apparently some people legit see red for orange and vice versa, so don't feel too bad.

6 minutes ago, lulzers said:

I wonder, where the hell is GUN? They were absent during Forces, and they're not even mentioned, let alone present during the whole Zombot outbreak. (Not counting the whole Two Worlds bullshit) Something tells me if they were involved in the story, their solution to the crisis would be to just flat-out nuke every city infested with Zombots.

I'm sorry to tell you but "it's the Animal world" is the best explanation you're going to be getting.

9 minutes ago, lulzers said:

I wonder, where the hell is GUN? They were absent during Forces, and they're not even mentioned, let alone present during the whole Zombot outbreak. (Not counting the whole Two Worlds bullshit) Something tells me if they were involved in the story, their solution to the crisis would be to just flat-out nuke every city infested with Zombots.

Which wouldn't even work, if I'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, lulzers said:

*sigh*

(Nuking the Zombots I bet Sonic and his friends would be pretty pissed off by that idea and accuse whoever thought of it of mass murder)

And why's that?

Because the Zombots regenerate.

Just now, lulzers said:

But wouldn't nukes completely obliterate them? Effectively leaving them with nothing to regenerate from?

Mm...possibly?

Nukes would obliterate more than just the fucking Zombots. 

Yeah, lets turn this shit into Fallout. That'll show Eggman.

Wh-Nukes??? What in the talk are we fucking about???

• Fist Bump 1

33 minutes ago, lulzers said:

Fallout? I was thinking more about how the government dealt with the Raccoon City outbreak in Resident Evil.

Maybe if it was small scale, which in the narrative sense -- it is, but the outbreak is clearly much bigger than that.

That's big even.

Nuke animal world to cinders, survivors flee to human world, never speak of it again. The solution to the two worlds issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

A sneak peek of a cover Evans working on:

Spoiler

Can't wait to see this one tbh. The painting covers she did for Archie Sonic were some of my favorites.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really love the detail of the bags under his eyes. It's so rare to see Sonic so utterly disheveled and she's doing a really great job of capturing how run-down he's getting on the cover. Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Covers are so non-representative.

It'd be cool if it was.

It is in this case. It was becoming apparent in issue 20 that Sonic’s health was starting to deteriorate with the severe lack of sleep and rest he’s currently getting.

I was a little shady toward the main book in my last post so I'll say it was good this week. Eye roll inducing with the straight play of the zombie trope again, but it gets to the heart of who the characters are. It's also been a bit more tense these past few issues where it's just been side characters and it's a little less obvious who's getting got. I liked seeing basically every character go into mama bear mode for either Charmy or Creams sake respectively. Vecter's sacrifice is good and endeared me on this version of the character. Felt true to him and not like a contrivance. 

On the whole I feel like the main book is lacking the punch of T&W but it's getting better. I could see this being the opposite of the last arc. The build up is a little so-so and meandering but the ending is good. That cover of Sonic finally getting tired and burning out has me excited. I was wondering if we were ever gonna get there. 

The Zombots have new masters. Gee I wonder if it's those guys that can control robots. Starline you really should have read the report on the Lost World Project more thoroughly.

Loving Evan’s front cover, she is my favourite IDW artist at the moment. I hope she comes back to do more interior pages after Tangle & Whisper mini-series is done.

Issue 25’s solicit is interesting. I wonder who else might fall in the next 2 issues to lead to such a scenario. My other half reckons pretty much every hero except Sonic will be toast by then.

If there's only one place to hide as said there, I'm gonna guess it's the lost hex or Angel Island. 

Also taking a guess that either the big Issue 25 twist will be the Deadly Six taking control and using the zombots to turn Eggman and Starline meaning they lose the only person who knows the properties of the virus, or Eggman is forced to grovel and join Sonic to combat the virus.

The biggest twist they could do is having the Deadly Six intentionally focus down Sonic to fully turn him. Having Eggman and the remaining resistance members forced to fight a Deadly Six controlled Zombot Sonic would be cool as hell. But j doubt it.

I haven't read the comics in months since I do so in chunks and buy the trades rather than collect them issue by issue so I'm kinda surprised this zombie arc is still going. Guess delays will do that. I remain interested in the dark tone and stakes and the toll the whole thing is putting on Sonic but the Archie Fan in me has two complaints.

Gemerl going from kinda sarcastic and having a personality to generic robot speech is a disappointment. I guess it's more in line with his games self but I miss the sass.

Omega and Shadow are way jerkier. Yeah I know theyre anti heroes but Omega was a walking arsenal that still had SOME humanity and good moments with his team. Now he's just the arsenal, willing to destroy Shadow the instant he turns (I'm not saying he WOULDNT eventually, it's the no hesitation that bothers me), and let's himself get almost destroyed instead of retreat. Like Omega is not an idiot and would have basic self preservation so that just felt a dumb move to write him doing 

Shadow himself has a waaay bigger ego with no tender moments to really balance it out, not with his team or anyone else really. Let's not mention his monumentally STUPID moment of how he got zombified. That better lead to some character development where he learns to get over himself when he's back to normal because as of now it's just face palm worthy lol

Honestly I just feel sorry for Rouge because I get the impression she's the only one even trying to hold this team together 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

So I guess it's confirmed that Sonic is still alive, and there is… only one place to go? Going by the scrapped plot draft Ian released, it's probably gonna be...

Spoiler

Sonic & Eggman VS Zavok so Lost Hex is the obvious choice.

Not sure where Starline fits into this, maybe he will be zombotified.

24 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I haven't read the comics in month since I do so in chunks and buy the trades rather than collect them issue by issue so I'm kinda surprised this zombie arc is still going. Guess delays will do that. I remain interested in the dark tone and stakes and the toll the whole thing is putting on Sonic but the Archie Fan in me has two complaints.

Gemerl going from kinda sarcastic and having a personality to generic robot speech is a disappointment. I guess it's more in line with his games self but I miss the sass.

Omega and Shadow are way jerkier. Yeah I know theyre anti heroes but Omega was a walking arsenal that still had SOME humanity and good moments with his team. Now he's just the arsenal, willing to destroy Shadow the instant he turns (I'm not saying he WOULDNT eventually, it's the no hesitation that bothers me), and let's himself get almost destroyed instead of retreat.

Shadow himself has a waaay bigger ego with no tender moments to really balance it out, not with his team or anyone else really. Let's not mention his monumentally STUPID moment of how he hot zombified. That better lead to some character development where he learns to get over himself when he's back to normal because as of now it's just face palm worthy lol

Honestly I just feel sorry for Rouge because I get the impression she's the only one even trying to hold this team together 

Uh... So I got some news.

Shadow is that way because sega wants him to be that way , and the whole arc is revolving around a decision that after of this fuckery will in fact reinforce his entirely new personality. And While I can't vouch for if they care about omega, team dark isn't really a team, shadow keeps them around because they are useful. So omega doesn't care, and shadow's a dick. And rouge isn't holding anything together because they are not a team that's what sega wants.

Its only sadness here. So unless sega decides to not, this is what you got

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Uh... So I got some news.

Shadow is that way because sega wants him to be that way , and the whole arc is revolving around a decision that after of this fuckery will in fact reinforce his entirely new personality. And While I can't vouch for if they care about omega, team dark isn't really a team, shadow keeps them around because they are useful. So omega doesn't care, and shadow's a dick. And rouge isn't holding anything together because that's what sega wants.

Its only sadness here. So unless sega decides to not, this is what you got

All of this is bad and I hate it. Sega should keep their terrible character assassination ideas to the games and not ruin the comic with it via stupid mandates 

• Thumbs Up 8