Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

2 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

So, from what I've heard about the Diamond Cutters, Slinger is an ocelot, Smithy is a lion, and Claire is a howler monkey. That gives us a psychic and a mini-gun toting giant on a team with an octopus with disguise powers, a wolf with a sniper rifle, and a revolver wielding ocelot. 

It's like they wanted to do an Metal Gear Solid reference but got cold feet part way through.

Oh goddammit, I knew it referencing something!

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Are you suggesting Mephiles's prophecy is coming true?

Maybe? Best lies are the one interspersed with truth. He was technically right about Sonic triggering whole thing with Iblis.

But ultimately it's just logical road to take Shadow now, with Mephilles thing just being extra foundation and little extra salt to run into Shadow's wounds.

there is a criticism going around that suggests tangle is a better sonic than sonic. Because of her ability to be emotionally intimate and venerable, and i dissagee ?

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oh goddammit, I knew it referencing something!

heh, no snakes huh

twin hedgehogs though

7 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I'll admit I was mistaken. Still I don't think it's too unlikely that with how much he hates Shadow he'd capture him again. 

eh....

Spoiler

I don't think you can't speculate that, game infinite largely doesn't care about or trapping them. He just probably didn't care. And that might seem weirdly inconsistent to you. Yes, infinite is not a good character and his motivations make little sense. I feel like to motivations you are trying to apply is making him a better smarter character than he actually is in a game full of narrative holes. Infinite didn't do anything and didn't care and kinda that's it. And its consistent with him just leaving people alive in the rest of the game.

But here's the fun part, you can say shadow did anything else for 6 months and no one can stop you

Shadow took a vacation in blaze's world for 6 months and forgot.

Shadow open a cat orphnage for 6 months?

Shadow Fought aliens for 6 months

Shadow was on a reality tv show for 6 months.

Shadow was playing ffxiv for 6 months strait

Shadow went to japan and helped kiryu with various yakuza based shenanigans for 6 months

Shadow knitted a gigantic sweater for one of them giant gem ladies from steven universe for 6 months

Shadow hung out with the TMNT for 6 months

Shadow perfected the perfect cookie recipe for 6 months

Its free real estate

Spoiler

I really like the Shadow Android designs in T&W#3, specifically the eyes. Though I wish they looked "pointier" to reflect the low poly look they had in ShTH (aside from the multiplayer ones anyway and those were obviously the real inspiration). :P

5 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

Additionally, between the "Froggy where are you?" speech bubble and his cameo on the B cover it seems like Big was supposed to debut in Issue 22, but his part got cut for some reason.

It's possible, but with everything that was happening it doesn't seem like there's too much room for him to appear physically. I hope we see him for real after this arc is up though.

Spoiler

...Come to think of it he was probably one of the people who got infected in that room, and now I'm really upset.

27 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

What in the world is the d6 gonna even do

Also, remember that plot point with the weird omega looking robot from year 1

So that's just gone right?

Uhhh, you'll have to refresh my memory.

On a lighter(?) note

Jon why!!!

53 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

there is a criticism going around that suggests tangle is a better sonic than sonic. Because of her ability to be emotionally intimate and venerable, and i dissagee ?

That doesn't make her a better Sonic.

That makes her a different character.

While it definitely won't happen any time soon or ever, it's suppose to be meaningful when a character like Sonic the Hedgehog is emotionally vulnerable.  He's the steel wall, if something gets to him that's when "poop" gets real. It also makes a good character flaw (not a writing flaw) that his inability to get intimate means he's not exactly the best person for emotional support. Uh...it could, if he went through stuff that affects him deep enough to empathize with others.

16 minutes ago, Celestia said:
  Hide contents

I really like the Shadow Android designs in T&W#3, specifically the eyes. Though I wish they looked "pointier" to reflect the low poly look they had in ShTH (aside from the multiplayer ones anyway and those were obviously the real inspiration). :P

That would have been cute.

And if they were T posing in the pods.

16 minutes ago, Celestia said:

It's possible, but with everything that was happening it doesn't seem like there's too much room for him to appear physically. I hope we see him for real after this arc is up though.

Reveal hidden contents

...Come to think of it he was probably one of the people who got infected in that room, and now I'm really upset.

Uhhh, you'll have to refresh my memory.

There was a silver robot, year one. I swear this is real looked like an e series looked kinda like omega, was brought out as part of a big plan. I think maybe the idea was to have like omega evil or converted or something ,but plans changed and omega just wasn't in year 1 at all.

On a lighter(?) note

Jon why!!!

Jon has no soul and all he does is tweet cursed shit so I don't expect anything else from him. I'm still mad at him for the cursed lion king skunk fart thing

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That doesn't make her a better Sonic.

That makes her a different character.

While it definitely won't happen any time soon or ever, it's suppose to be meaningful when a character like Sonic the Hedgehog is emotionally vulnerable.  He's the steel wall, if something gets to him that's when "poop" gets real. It also makes a good character flaw (not a writing flaw) that his inability to get intimate means he's not exactly the best person for emotional support. Uh...it could, if he went through stuff that affects him deep enough to empathize with others.

I agree with everything you said. Its why I disagree with the assessment. And I feel like a lot of people want sonic to be the nicest guy ever , but he isn't and he shouldn't be. Obviously STC sonic is way way way too far,and various points in pre-boot archie are too far.

But I feel like peoples problems might be less so that the flaw exists and more so it isn't called attention to. I feel like if he were occasionally responded to for being like that on occasion criticism would die down. Like he ties to make a joke in a very serious situation to lighten the mood but whoever its about just looks at him and he kinda just shuts up. Then it looks like a charming character flaw of a teen, rather than anything socieopathic

That " weird omega looking robot from year 1 " appeared in #8. It was just another of E-100 series, like Gamma. Archie Reboot had tons of those bastards, I guess Flynn wasn't sure yet if he wants to still use them in IDW or not. (If you ask me he should continue the numbering of Archie, pretending it's still the same line. It would be cool).

15 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Why are the Shadow androids Orange and...not...red like the game?

Probably a reference to Shadow the Hedgehog's multiplayer mode:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

It's presumed that the orange-striped Shadow is an 'android' with the red-striped one being the original, so this is probably a two-birds-one-stone situation where they use that color scheme to help differentiate them from the original and to give a subtle nod to the game.

Wow. I actually forgot the droids had eyes like that already (granted, not the orange ones).

It doesn't help that when I first read the issue I also thought they were the normal red-striped ones. My eyesight is as bad as my memory. Get off my lawn

11 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh geez.

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

What in the world is the d6 gonna even do

Try to take control of the zombots and further rock the place.

Also, remember that plot point with the weird omega looking robot from year 1

So that's just gone right?

Which one?

10 hours ago, Celestia said:
  Hide contents

Ch'yeah. :lol:

10 hours ago, Celestia said:

On a lighter(?) note

Jon why!!!

Criminy. 

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

There was a silver robot, year one. I swear this is real looked like an e series looked kinda like omega, was brought out as part of a big plan. I think maybe the idea was to have like omega evil or converted or something ,but plans changed and omega just wasn't in year 1 at all.

Silver robot...what, E-107 Theta?

10 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That " weird omega looking robot from year 1 " appeared in #8. It was just another of E-100 series, like Gamma. Archie Reboot had tons of those bastards, I guess Flynn wasn't sure yet if he wants to still use them in IDW or not. (If you ask me he should continue the numbering of Archie, pretending it's still the same line. It would be cool).

It's funny too  cause Theta was previously mentioned in the solicit for the Chase only for it to be corrected into E-106 Eta. And this raised eyebrows because before then, he was also mentoned in Mobius 30 Year Later as being a part of this big crisis that Sonic stopped in the past.

5 hours ago, Celestia said:

Wow. I actually forgot the droids had eyes like that already (granted, not the orange ones).

It doesn't help that when I first read the issue I also thought they were the normal red-striped ones. My eyesight is as bad as my memory. Get off my lawn

Apparently some people legit see red for orange and vice versa, so don't feel too bad.

I wonder, where the hell is GUN? They were absent during Forces, and they're not even mentioned, let alone present during the whole Zombot outbreak. (Not counting the whole Two Worlds bullshit) Something tells me if they were involved in the story, their solution to the crisis would be to just flat-out nuke every city infested with Zombots.

6 minutes ago, lulzers said:

I wonder, where the hell is GUN? They were absent during Forces, and they're not even mentioned, let alone present during the whole Zombot outbreak. (Not counting the whole Two Worlds bullshit) Something tells me if they were involved in the story, their solution to the crisis would be to just flat-out nuke every city infested with Zombots.

I'm sorry to tell you but "it's the Animal world" is the best explanation you're going to be getting.

9 minutes ago, lulzers said:

Which wouldn't even work, if I'm not mistaken.

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm sorry to tell you but "it's the Animal world" is the best explanation you're going to be getting.

*sigh*

(Nuking the Zombots I bet Sonic and his friends would be pretty pissed off by that idea and accuse whoever thought of it of mass murder)

Just now, DabigRG said:

Which wouldn't even work, if I'm not mistaken.

And why's that?

2 minutes ago, lulzers said:

*sigh*

(Nuking the Zombots I bet Sonic and his friends would be pretty pissed off by that idea and accuse whoever thought of it of mass murder)

And why's that?

Because the Zombots regenerate.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

Nukes would obliterate more than just the fucking Zombots. 

Yeah, lets turn this shit into Fallout. That'll show Eggman.

Wh-Nukes??? What in the talk are we fucking about???

Fallout? I was thinking more about how the government dealt with the Raccoon City outbreak in Resident Evil.

33 minutes ago, lulzers said:

Fallout? I was thinking more about how the government dealt with the Raccoon City outbreak in Resident Evil.

Maybe if it was small scale, which in the narrative sense -- it is, but the outbreak is clearly much bigger than that.

That's big even.