Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I wish I could get inside Ian's head and see how he plans on plotting this arc out. I've been MIA from Sonic for awhile so I'm legit catching up on everything in IDW sonic. Next paycheck I'mma have to order all the past issues so I'll have my collection. Or to start my collection. After watching Archie Sonic die I kindof left the product for awhile. So being back... Time to catch up. Also I'm odd but - Metal Virus- is fun to say in an upbeat tone lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

This comic will never achieve its potential as long as Ian has to write around Iizuka and Co's ridiculous decrees like Sonic living in a totally separate planet/dimension from humans.

• Thumbs Up 2

They had an unreleased version of the Halloween cover that had Sonic as the actual werehog and Big the Cat in it.

pOtBt7at12hXjN9Y6_vYgZnOwczSiuImqlaz-6HqapT6J3NpdYNEcPs6k4jrl66fqMnDbblBRe1bxBFXcNoZ3XvEsNWgbq0tbB-ZAe96eVba1yMtvz7RIt-Wq3YyyitsJQMf0_JW

It's cool but I actually do prefer Sonic in a werehog onesie and Nights Silver.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

They had an unreleased version of the Halloween cover that had Sonic as the actual werehog and Big the Cat in it.

pOtBt7at12hXjN9Y6_vYgZnOwczSiuImqlaz-6HqapT6J3NpdYNEcPs6k4jrl66fqMnDbblBRe1bxBFXcNoZ3XvEsNWgbq0tbB-ZAe96eVba1yMtvz7RIt-Wq3YyyitsJQMf0_JW

Froggy the Big. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

nights silver was really cool

On 10/31/2019 at 5:49 PM, Almar said:

This comic will never achieve its potential as long as Ian has to write around Iizuka and Co's ridiculous decrees like Sonic living in a totally separate planet/dimension from humans.

It actually can. 

41 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

It actually can. 

Yeah like Sega's prying eyes arent...the best all the time.

But I also feel like part of the problems is the story telling and ian seeming like hes actively trying to fight mandates, fail to do so and then has has to massively change the story to fit it.

Again it's not all him, segas... inconsistent to say the least. I don't think it excuses ian, it's just making the problems he's had as a writer, worse

On 10/31/2019 at 10:49 PM, Almar said:

Get over it already. It has the same restrictions as Archie so… they are just working more closely now. I think potentially there is still freedom offered, but it really depends on the case, still, I don't trust SEGA's decisions. The 2 worlds thing… I kinda don't care anymore actually, since they are making the Classic Sonic timeline a thing, plus with Blaze's dimension, this whole separation thing can be used to create a proper Sonic multiverse? I'd love that Good things can come from that, even from the 2 worlds shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish I could see how the book is absolutely disappointing and not living up to potential because when I read it it's a fun book with great writing and characterization.

24 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I wish I could see how the book is absolutely disappointing and not living up to potential because when I read it it's a fun book with great writing and characterization.

Well, I don't know about absolutely disappointing, so maybe you'll get your wish there.

47 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I am so sorry not everyone likes the same things you do and you let this affect your enjoyment.

Not everyone "needs" to like it. The general consensus is still that it's awesome, and I'm glad about that, when things have actual quality in them it's only fair they get acclaimed like IDW does. It's more than deserved.

Although it's true that some of us are rather sensible and get affected by the general negativity of the thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

Not everyone "needs" to like it. The general consensus is still that it's awesome, and I'm glad about that, when things have actual quality in them it's only fair they get acclaimed like IDW does. It's more than deserved.

Although it's true that some of us are rather sensible and get affected by the general negativity of the thread.

Maybe he shouldn't be marching in here making dismissive comments because we're not a hive mind.

I do not know about what goes on in anyone else comic store but my store is constantly struggling to keep issues in stock. Usually even by the 3rd day when I go to pick up my issue they are sold out completely. Archies book on the other hand was always stacked over even a month after it dropped.

Regardless on that I myself find the stories in this way better than anything of recent in the Archie verse which had to try to reboot itself twice. I like the darker story with small bits of comedy here and there such as omega wanting to chomp some knees. Of course after this arc I am sure there will a small slow period before the next threat pops up. Still sad they had to add the clowns that are the zetti back into the story. Otherwise I like see the heroes pushed to the edge of no hope and struggling instead of some light hearted comedy romp. Hopefully IDW keeps it up.

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What would make this book more enjoyable is if they stick to the release schedule.

That might just help people, if a little bit.

20 hours ago, Heckboy said:

It actually can. 

Two worlds does nothing but limit what stories you can tell. Want to know how GUN is dealing with the Zombot apocalypse? Wondering how Eggman's actions have colored the Wisps relationship to the human population? Well too bad, those elements exist on different planets and never interacted. There's no storytelling benefit to isolating these elements, just another load of arbitrary restrictions.

Besides, the comic can only evade the issue for so long if it wants to stay generally faithful to the games. Even if you gloss over stuff like the Mystic Ruins being a train ride away from Station Square or the Master Emerald shrine in the middle of the ARK you still have stuff like GUN, which is, and will remain, an elephant the room for as long as Team Dark continues to appear. Already the cracks are starting to show, with the appearance of Central City in the current arc and what's implied to be Eggman's pyramid base from SA2 showing up in the first annual. Eventually Ian is either going to have to publish a treatise on how to make sense of this nonsense or else write off two worlds as the stupid idea it is.

Unless I missed something, even if it's the SA2 pyramid in that Rouge story in the annual, maybe that story was set in the human world.

We still don't know how one gets from one to the other (which is still the main thing that make me actually mad about all this lol) but I guess the implication is that it's accessible / unregulated enough that literally anyone can do it? You could take the easy route and say it's warp rings and that'd be reasonable enough, but I doubt SEGA put even that much thought into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

Eventually Ian is either going to have to publish a treatise on how to make sense of this nonsense or else write off two worlds as the stupid idea it is.

If SEGA even allows him to when they themselves probably don't know have deep lore written down about how it works.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Unless I missed something, even if it's the SA2 pyramid in that Rouge story in the annual, maybe that story was set in the human world.

I thought it was one of the old pyramid bases from Forces?

19 minutes ago, Celestia said:

We still don't know how one gets from one to the other (which is still the main thing that make me actually mad about all this lol) but I guess the implication is that it's accessible / unregulated enough that literally anyone can do it? 

That's kind of the blank space Mr. Flynn thought they'd have to float with anyway.