Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

To wield a knife as Sonic, probably.

Since he doesn't really use it afterwards.

Sonic the Hedgehog wouldn't be caught dead using a knife, knife, knifing weapon, but an evil doppelganger, totally.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic the Hedgehog wouldn't be caught dead using a knife, knife, knifing weapon, but an evil doppelganger, totally.

Well a Sword is totally different. :p

Only by a few feet at least, but that’s still a long way off from a knife. :P

On 11/20/2019 at 3:59 AM, StaticMania said:

On 11/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, SBR2 said:

Well a Sword is totally different. 😛

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Only by a few feet at least, but that’s still a long way off from a knife. :P

Swords are also traditionally more heroic. 

6 hours ago, lulzers said:

You know how some people have compared the Metal Virus arc to the Walking Dead? What with the zombies and darker tone?

Just for shits and giggles, what if at some point in the future we get a scene like this?

Replace the humans with anthros, bullets with lasers, remove all the blood and there you go.

Omega already going that

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say it was walking dead its very much George A Romero's Living dead franchise particularly' Dawn of the Dead' and 'Day of the Daed'. Go check them out kids, you'll love em.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:59 AM, StaticMania said:

Sonic wouldn't be caught dead using a knife you say?

xkgDxEw.gif

Okay sure...but he's perfectly content with using a BIG-ASS SWORD?

gntvPuo.png

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Swords are also traditionally more heroic. 

Even so, they're both sharp weapons that cut and swords are far far deadlier than knives. 

18 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Sonic wouldn't be caught dead using a knife you say?

xkgDxEw.gif

Okay sure...but he's perfectly content with using a BIG-ASS SWORD?

gntvPuo.png

Even so, they're both sharp weapons that cut and swords are far far deadlier than knives. 

Knives are typically used by thieves, gangsters, assasins

Swords are used by heroes, knights, princes...

• Thumbs Up 1

New solicit’s here.

(W) Ian Flynn (A/CA) Evan Stanley 

"All or Nothing," Part One. This is it. The few remaining fighters from the Restoration and their allies are ready to launch a final assault to reclaim the Chaos Emeralds and finally eliminate the Metal Virus. Can they defeat the Chaos Emeralds' new protectors, or will they all fall-and why isn't Sonic part of the fight?

One last desperate attempt to save the world will take all the help Sonic can get-including from some former foes!
With everyone exhausted as the world falls, will they be able to stand up to Chaos Emerald-powered bad guys and zombots?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit!

Spoiler

You have the Deadly Six and apparently the Zombots powered by the Chaos Emeralds!

"Few remaining fighters and allies" uhm...

"Former foes" uhm...?!

Ok it sounds like the Metal Virus Saga is ending in issue 28 to me. I'd imagine that the aftermath is going to go on for a bit though especially for major characters who were infected plus Ian has said that Sonic letting Metal go will be addressed so I'd assume Season 3 (are they still calling them seasons?) is all about the ramifications of the Metal Virus.

4 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We also have a raw cover:

spacer.png

I like that there are things on the blackboard(?) that have been erased and drawn over, like behind doodle-Zavok’s head. And of course I love the painted art style of these covers.

(EDIT: Took me a second look to notice but jeez Sonic looks shattered here. I wonder if he’ll start making mistakes due to sleep deprivation.)

I'm excited despite this being all about the Deadly Six, season 3 is potentially awesome! My hopes:

- That this doesn't feel like an upgraded Lost World saga, I mean who wouldn't like Lost World but better written and with more characters? Still, I want a mixture of things, different things.

- Well written Zeti, I know Ian can pull this off, the problem in Worlds Unite is that they were minion fodder, but they were good in the prequels to the crossover, Ian can make them actually dark, maybe he'll try to make them real funny as well? Who knows. With proper screentime he should be able to do it.

- The D6 can control robots, and make them do strange things, give the Zombots powers then! Like give Zombot-Shadow a Chaos Spear for example.

- Now for my favorite thing, what about new armors inspired by the scrapped ones in Worlds Unite? Depends if Sega approves this, but it would be awesome, armors with small references to their mechs from SLW, and of course that's where they would store the Chaos Emeralds which empower them. Please make this happen! But still... Who would build them? Dr. Starline?

- Each character should fight one of the Deadly Six, I have a couple of ideas:

Knuckles vs Zavok

Tangle vs Zazz

Espio vs Master Zik

Silver vs Zor

Rouge vs Zeena

Big vs Zomom

...If these heroes are still alive by that time. Would be cool to give everyone each personal villain. Not sure about Tails, Amy, Cream and Gemerl. 

- Super Sonic. Since the Chaos Emeralds are involved... Also, if Sonic doesn't fight it's probably because he doesn't want to put his friends in danger from his infection, maybe? He should go full zombot in the end, and then his friends give him the emeralds to heal into Super Sonic.

8 hours ago, Noodle Panda said:
Spoiler

So the Deadly Six steal the Chaos Emeralds to empower themselves and take control of the Zombots, forcing Amy, Whisper, Cream, and the others to team up with Starline to fight them while Sonic is presumably off with Eggman. 

3 hours ago, caitash said:

I like that there are things on the blackboard(?) that have been erased and drawn over, like behind doodle-Zavok’s head. And of course I love the painted art style of these covers.

(EDIT: Took me a second look to notice but jeez Sonic looks shattered here. I wonder if he’ll start making mistakes due to sleep deprivation.)

At a glance, it looks like Knuckes.

1 hour ago, Tangled Jack said:

I'm excited despite this being all about the Deadly Six, season 3 is potentially awesome! My hopes:

Eh, I wouldn't say all about them.

- That this doesn't feel like an upgraded Lost World saga, I mean who wouldn't like Lost World but better written and with more characters? Still, I want a mixture of things, different things.

You can't really adapt a story like Lost World if upgraded in two or three issues.

- Well written Zeti, I know Ian can pull this off, the problem in Worlds Unite is that they were minion fodder, but they were good in the prequels to the crossover, Ian can make them actually dark, maybe he'll try to make them real funny as well? Who knows. With proper screentime he should be able to do it.

- The D6 can control robots, and make them do strange things, give the Zombots powers then! Like give Zombot-Shadow a Chaos Spear for example.

- Each character should fight one of the Deadly Six, I have a couple of ideas:

Knuckles vs Zavok

Tangle vs Zazz

Espio vs Master Zik

Silver vs Zor

Rouge vs Zeena

Big vs Zomom

Now this would be nice. Yes please!

- Now for my favorite thing, what about new armors inspired by the scrapped ones in Worlds Unite? Depends if Sega approves this, but it would be awesome, armors with small references to their mechs from SLW, and of course that's where they would store the Chaos Emeralds which empower them. Please make this happen! But still... Who would build them? Dr. Starline?

You know, I didn't even think about that.

...If these heroes are still alive by that time. Would be cool to give everyone each personal villain. Not sure about Tails, Amy, Cream and Gemerl. 

- Super Sonic. Since the Chaos Emeralds are involved... Also, if Sonic doesn't fight it's probably because he doesn't want to put his friends in danger from his infection, maybe? He should go full zombot in the end, and then his friends give him the emeralds to heal into Super Sonic.

Yeah, they'd most likely be focusing their efforts on something else, especially the latter.

Eeeeh...idk.

On that though, have we seen Super Sonic thus far?

24 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

On that though, have we seen Super Sonic thus far?

Surprisingly not. I remember Metal specifically went after the M.E. so he could neutralize the Emeralds, thus making it impossible for Sonic to transform, but that's the only time it's come up so far.

13 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Surprisingly not. I remember Metal specifically went after the M.E. so he could neutralize the Emeralds, thus making it impossible for Sonic to transform, but that's the only time it's come up so far.

Huh. Okay then, I guess the floor is officially open if it'll fit.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

And Evan Stanley is doing issue 26! Neat. Can't wait to see her version of the deadly six

Curious to know if she'll nail Zavok and struggle with everyone else.

As much as this arc meandered, I am excited to see how it ends...guess it feels like an actual game in that regard huh...

Interesting beginning that hooks you > boring middle half filled with padding > extremely cool climax.

Absolutely love that cover! 

Also Whats happening with T&W number 4? The listing is still taken down at Forbidden Planet.