Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

giphy.gif

So much politics.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Metal Overlord looks more like an attempt to satisfy SEGA rather. To get quick approvals for publishing. Ian wanted to build a good relation with them so he adapted Sonic Heroes story to please Iizuka.

To make it easier for them to accept his more crazy stories, he had to do the most basic Sonic story first.

Hopefully we don't see other game adaptations after Sonic Heroes's adaptation in IDW...

It wasn't an adaptation so much as simply using a few key elements from it. 

Those elements being Neo Metal Sonic, the Egg Fleet, and the idea of him turning into a giant monster with overlapping eyes. That's it--everything else was fairly original.

Plus characters like Cream, Big, Mighty, and Sticks were gonna be involved as well, which gives me the impression that there was more to the story arc initially.

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Here:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20191117135040

latest?cb=20191117135041

latest?cb=20191117135042

Ah, I was hoping I'd get em to work first. Tch, ah well.

Nice to see Eggman out in the field again.

2 minutes ago, Noodle Panda said:

Jack Lawrence art just keeps getting better ^^

Eh, Eggman looks fine, but the Mobians still look a little funny.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

@Shadowlax I said shut the fuck up.

Across these last few months I have had it with your inane conspiracy drivel surrounding anything and everything to do with Shadow and Ian, patronizing attitude towards others who don't agree with you in these topics, and your all-around tendency to ruin discussion for everyone else on this forum. There are people who refuse to post in this topic anymore because of you. So if it takes banning your sorry arrogant ass to make this thread having worthwhile discussion again then I'm happy to do just that. Ignore me one more time and you're gone. I'm not tolerating your bullshit rhetoric on this forum anymore and this is your last warning you will ever get.

I literally don't understand what you are talking about and everything I said in this past post is reasonable.

I don't know what you want here man. And not only that I haven't been rude to anyone, and yet here you are. I didn't post a conspiracy theory. Ya'll don't like me, that's fine, its whatever man. But it seems as though ya'll are posting about the idea of me, rather than the stuff i'm posting. Because its a reasonable and neutral take. And even went out of my way when responded to to elaborate on it further where I agree with the sentiments being lodged at it.

If a neutral take criticizing businesses decisions made by sega, on Ian's side suggesting that his work is hard and it might be hard to avoid certain hard to write about topics. Is a conspiracy theory, something I have dealt with myself working on comics myself. And writing for things myself . Is somehow a conspiracy theory I literally don't know what you want.

Ideally would be for you to stop posting at all, but if you have to at least stop with the fucking absurd conspiracy theories targeted at the comics staff that you bring up every time your the word Shadow pops up in your notifications for this thread.

Just now, Tornado said:

Ideally would be for you to stop posting at all,

Just now, Tornado said:

but if you have to at least stop with the fucking absurd conspiracy theories targeted at the comics staff that you bring up every time your the word Shadow pops up in your notifications for this thread.

Nothing I posted on that page was a conspiracy. Its literally

" Hey shadow is popular, if an flynn wishes to avoid him. Might be hard, might be a push for a comic at some point. "

That's it, that's the whole point. Which is based of something he just said saying he wants to avoid writing him because he has weird restrictions.

Where is the conspiracy?

If you all just want to be bullies and get me out of here, just ban me. If you want to actually have a discussion. Then I'm asking you where did I create a conspiracy theory? Because my point at its core is simple.

Why should anyone on this forum expect to be able to have a discussion with you at this point?

Our concern as moderators is more preventing you from chasing any more people out of this and similar threads at this point whenever they bring up something that you cannot stand they don't agree with you over; again, as members have told us directly that your attitude and "debate" style have done before.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Why is there a ball with a screwdriver at the bottom of Eggman's thing, this is important.

It's supposed to be a satellite dish, but good question. :lol: 

I'm liking the art from issue #24. Dumb question, with issues #22-#24 all taking place at the same time, has Dr Starline talked to Deadly 6 before or after the events of #24, or do we not know that yet?

As an aside, thinking about what concept a second Sonic book can have, how about basically have a superhero team? Was watching Atop the Fourth Wall's Marvel's Exiles Retrospective, a superhero teambook where the cast keeps changing every few issues. Perhaps something like that could work with Sonic?

Like say, the team always has 6 members. New character is the leader of the team. The other 5 slots are taken up Sega Sonic characters, IDW newcomers, or just new characters entirely. 4 issue storylines, each story featuring a configuration of team members. Sonic is in the first story but runs off to do his own thing in his book. More secondary characters like Silver or Rouge or Espio stay with the team for longer stretches of time. New characters can be introduced to do their own thing, perhaps throw intrigue into the plot like perhaps being an Eggman agent, or perhaps are a good character that winds up getting killed at the end of a story.

It's a basic idea, one that I'm sure at least a few people have thought up some variation on. I just would like to see more focus outside Sonic himself in someway. Can't wait for the 2020 annual, hope it actually makes March this time.

3 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

I'm liking the art from issue #24. Dumb question, with issues #22-#24 all taking place at the same time, has Dr Starline talked to Deadly 6 before or after the events of #24, or do we not know that yet?

He talked to them between everyone getting to Freedom HQ and everyone splitting up. 

5 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

As an aside, thinking about what concept a second Sonic book can have, how about basically have a superhero team? Was watching Atop the Fourth Wall's Marvel's Exiles Retrospective, a superhero teambook where the cast keeps changing every few issues. Perhaps something like that could work with Sonic?

Some people associate that with the Freedom Fighters, so they won't go for it.

As good as Jack Lawrence is, I really hope Evan Stanley can return to the main book soon. I really miss her Sonic. I kinda wish Tangle and Whisper got the new artists instead of the main book.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Some people associate that with the Freedom Fighters, so they won't go for it.

But...the Resistance? Though maybe it doesn't count since it was SEGA who opened that can of worms.

7 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I assume iBooks has a preview, but found them on the Sonic wiki.

Though every time I try to open the page in a new tab it redirects me to the wiki main page. Why does it do that I have no idea.

It might work to go to the wiki on a different browser. I've been having the same problem with images on that wiki specifically for a while, but I realized a day or two ago that I hadn't tried using another browser and to my surprise it worked.

26 minutes ago, Celestia said:

But...the Resistance? Though maybe it doesn't count since it was SEGA who opened that can of worms.

People haven't been interested in the Resistance either, though.

Probably cause the comic hasn't done much of interest with it.

The resistance was disbanded after the Master Overlord thing anyway. Its just been Amy at a call center from then on with the (interrupted) Restoration effort.

The cast is still well organized and working with one another for the most part. Team Dark and Team Chaotix kind of went off to do their own thing. And, even now, Rouge has disappeared. It certainly hasn't felt the same as what was going on with Forces or the Freedom Fighters. Its mostly been about helping with evacuation and helping people find shelter while Tails works on a cure.

I must say that I love the juxstapoisition with how Barracade Town looked back with Rough and Tumble and how it looks now. I love observing contrasting atmosphere in stories like this. I wish Forces had done that better with the original chained up, prison in Green Hill's concept art instead of throwing some sand in the background for the final product.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I must say that I love the juxstapoisition with how Barracade Town looked back with Rough and Tumble and how it looks now. I love observing contrasting atmosphere in stories like this. I wish Forces had done that better with the original chained up, prison in Green Hill's concept art instead of throwing some sand in the background for the final product.

Was it supposed to be a prison?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Was it supposed to be a prison?

I don't know. I'm calling it a prison though since it would make the most sense to me based on the way it looks. It could have been a typical Eggman base but it doesn't really matter what it originally was because it was scrapped, which is a shame. Would have given Green Hill an actual reason to be there.

A nice "Before and After" thing would have gone a long way to shave off a bit of that Green Hill fatigue. Changing the dirt to sand certainly didn't do it.

Image result for sonic forces green hill concept art

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't know. I'm calling it a prison though since it would make the most sense to me based on the way it looks. It could have been a typical Eggman base but it doesn't really matter what it originally was because it was scrapped, which is a shame. Would have given Green Hill an actual reason to be there.

A nice "Before and After" thing would have gone a long way to shave off a bit of that Green Hill fatigue. Changing the dirt to sand certainly didn't do it.

Image result for sonic forces green hill concept art

Woah. You're right--I'm getting All Dogs Go to Heaven vibes, for example.

The barbed wire looks a little weird though, ngl.