Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

16 hours ago, Kuzu said:

As much as this arc meandered, I am excited to see how it ends...guess it feels like an actual game in that regard huh...

Interesting beginning that hooks you > boring middle half filled with padding > extremely cool climax.

Hell, even the Deadly Six are looking more like the last minute monster boss.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, Eurisko said:

Absolutely love that cover! 

Also Whats happening with T&W number 4? The listing is still taken down at Forbidden Planet.

It’s been moved (yet again) to 11 December.

• Absolutely 1

Nice see acknowledgment that Starline's "Respect" for Eggman read more like he was crushing on him something fierce. Also betting the Warp Topaz is going to be a part of a future storyline. That's a lot of exposition for it to not be important later.

• Thumbs Up 1

The warp topaz...

Spoiler

May be the reason the Zombots are not in the future, and no one is present. Eggman may want to get rid of them. It'd be like shurg Thrash and the echidnas, only this time they would return, now the question is... which planet/world/dimension will they end up?

Also if the topaz can alter reality, it's a nice expy for the off-limits Phantom Ruby, and hopefully we can get some what if stories down the line as you said.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Noodle Panda said:

It’s been moved (yet again) to 11 December.

Really? bloody hell. 

Thanks for the heads up though 👍

1 hour ago, Noodle Panda said:

The Warp Topaz can straight up alter reality.

This could make for some interesting stories down the line.

I know things don't have to connect to the Archie continuity but it'd be kinda neat if they did revive the Archie comic alongside the IDW comic and reveal the Warp Topaz is like a crystallized Genesis Portal or something. 

Could be cool to use it for big multiverse events or something. 

The multiverse I want to see:

- Human Dimension

- Classic timeline

- Blaze's world

- Other Sega universes (maybe)

I know Classic is off-limits for crossovers. Still, it is canon like Infinite who is also off-limits... Ugh, Segaaaaa.

If the canon immigrants were to be introduced, I think they'd have to be from the Modern Sonic world.

4 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Nice see acknowledgment that Starline's "Respect" for Eggman read more like he was crushing on him something fierce. Also betting the Warp Topaz is going to be a part of a future storyline. That's a lot of exposition for it to not be important later.

3 hours ago, Noodle Panda said:

An "extreme reality alteration" is the only way something like the two worlds crock could be introduced with any semblance of logic.

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

4 hours ago, Noodle Panda said:

I mean, it is attached to a fairly significant supporting antagonist.

4 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

The warp topaz...

Hide contents

May be the reason the Zombots are not in the future, and no one is present. Eggman may want to get rid of them. It'd be like shurg Thrash and the echidnas, only this time they would return, now the question is... which planet/world/dimension will they end up?

Also if the topaz can alter reality, it's a nice expy for the off-limits Phantom Ruby, and hopefully we can get some what if stories down the line as you said.

Oh shoot, I didn't think of that.

3 hours ago, Razule said:

IDW Eggman's a lot more tolerant than Archie Eggman.

Probably because Starline is a fan who isn't armed, psychotic, and eager to kill for power.

To say nothing of Eggman himself not being a racist complete monster.

1 hour ago, Bowbowis said:

An "extreme reality alteration" is the only way something like the two worlds crock could be introduced with any semblance of logic.

Maybe Starline was responsible for Two Worlds in the first place. Maybe even other retcons. He never said he was able to fix the alterations it caused.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Razule said:

The universe I want to see is the old Mega Man comics. But not in Sonic. It's own series. I miss it

Same. However if they brought it back at say IDW they're smart enough that if they did another Worlds Crossover it'd be produced as it's own miniseries and not interrupt the numbering of the book.

Also while it may not be that Ian, Ryan Jampole and Matt Herms were talking about a "Thing" they were working on the other day on Twitter so who knows. 

I know its for the sake of Starline's disillusionment with him, but good god does Eggman come off as exceedingly short sighted here. I share Starline's frustration. 

That being said, it's pretty understandable and I could completely believe that Eggman would be so far up his own ass that he fails to make any type of contingency plan should his shit go wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

I really like how Eggman can act so utterly idiotic, and yet so high and mighty at the same time. (spoilers in case someone didn't read the previews

Spoiler

The "Joke's on you, there is no cure" and "don't touch them, duh" just goes as absolutely far as possible to show how much of a dumbass Eggman can be, although even if this feels over the top to his usual schemes. This feels like the usual "Eggman screws with something he can't control" joke taken up to eleven. 

You could probably make the argument that maybe he just went full throttle this time to try consolidate control while Sonic and co were now busy with clean-up efforts, and were spread thin, but it's insane how Eggman just legitimately thought "lol just dont touch them" would be a good enough solution.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kuzu said:

I know its for the sake of Starline's disillusionment with him, but good god does Eggman come off as exceedingly short sighted here. I share Starline's frustration. 

That being said, it's pretty understandable and I could completely believe that Eggman would be so far up his own ass that he fails to make any type of contingency plan should his shit go wrong. 

he literally never plans shit properly in the games so ian has this spot on tbh

• Thumbs Up 8

Eggman released werehog into outer space along with the chaos emeralds and didn't stop to think for one fractionth of a second "oh maybe I might need those lol" and had this pointed out to him even

Eggman is smart but he also hella stupid.

• Thumbs Up 4

"He's got an IQ of 300" yeah and only jerks and egotists brag about their IQ.

Here's the thing you can be really smart but also really shortsighted because you're so sure of your intellect. 

Comic’s out on the IDW app...

...except I have the frustrating ‘Not available for this device’ error again so I can’t read it. This happens quite often on the app. I wish they’d sort it out.

EDIT: They fixed it in 20 mins, awesome! Although this issue itself..... daaaamn. 

Issue 23 spoilers

Spoiler

image.png.b7164d876ba2f7c2818290ded55d314f.png

Man the teasing just increases with every issue. Really hope we get to see Sonic go full Zombot at some point! I hate seeing Sonic look so miserable but this arc has been so interesting! Really can't wait to see what Issue 24 brings us!

• Thumbs Up 2