Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

The only one he didn't want to "kill" out of those few.

That too.

Biolizard, Iblis, and Dark Gaia(who will probably reincarnate anyway) were mindless beasts that were out to destroy the world and King Arthur was a magical construct.

Emerl, while technically a robot, had grown and shown enough autonomy before Eggman caused his original programming to take hold, thus there was more weight behind his death and the fact that Sonic didn't want it either played a part.

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

PREVIEWS

 

Oh, so when she said they'd settle this where it started, she was talking about herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Biolizard, Iblis, and Dark Gaia(who will probably reincarnate anyway) were mindless beasts that were out to destroy the world and King Arthur was a magical construct.

Dark Gaia was a counterpart to Chip, whom despite being an embodiment of a force of nature was not a mindless beast... Do we immediately classify DG as a mindless beast, considering he was only doing his job in balancing the natural order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Dark Gaia was a counterpart to Chip, whom despite being an embodiment of a force of nature was not a mindless beast... Do we immediately classify DG as a mindless beast, considering he was only doing his job in balancing the natural order?

Exactly. Eggman thought he could control him as could Chaos and Iblis. We all know how that turned out. IQ 300 - Common Sense 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Exactly. Eggman thought he could control him as could Chaos and Iblis. We all know how that turned out. IQ 300 - Common Sense 0.

lol

if I had an IQ that high, I'd probably be too full of myself to consider the alternate consequences as well.

 

Seriously, people that smart would inevitably fall into the Hubris category. Its no wonder all his plans get undone by the overlooking of the little details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Dark Gaia was a counterpart to Chip, whom despite being an embodiment of a force of nature was not a mindless beast... Do we immediately classify DG as a mindless beast, considering he was only doing his job in balancing the natural order?

Well, yeah.

Light Gaia, as the restorer of life, would have greater need for sentience than Dark Gaia. Not to mention they were both prematurely awakened and needed to be put back where they belong until that time comes.

And since they and the Emeralds are part of the natural order, I would think Super Sonic didn't kill him permanently and they simply regenerate within the magma

22 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Exactly. Eggman thought he could control him as could Chaos and Iblis. We all know how that turned out. IQ 300 - Common Sense 0.

To be somewhat fair, I think he was more interested in harnessing the raw power over having Dark Gaia itself around to control. Not that that means anything when his efforts ultimately meant putting it back together, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That too.

Biolizard, Iblis, and Dark Gaia(who will probably reincarnate anyway) were mindless beasts that were out to destroy the world and King Arthur was a magical construct.

Emerl, while technically a robot, had grown and shown enough autonomy before Eggman caused his original programming to take hold, thus there was more weight behind his death and the fact that Sonic didn't want it either played a part.

Worth noting that the first hint as to Arthur's true nature was his body vanishing like a Knight of the Underworld. Sonic's entire mission for the first half of the game was to kill what he thought was a human being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

People were probably just used to Knuckles being a part of the main cast by that point given his  numerous appearances and dynamic with Sonic. 

Meanwhile, many of the characters after him were more catered to a specific niche or setup that wasn't as comfortable. Heck, even Shadow has proven to be one of the worse about that at times. 

Even then, it made little sense back then when it was done to scapegoat the extended cast for the series’s problems, the logic behind it being that he was around when the games were good inspite if the fact that he and the cast as a whole were having problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Even then, it made little sense back then when it was done to scapegoat the extended cast for the series’s problems, the logic behind it being that he was around when the games were good inspite if the fact that he and the cast as a whole were having problems.

 

Sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rereads last issue

If that one line from sonic like 3 issues ago was foreshadowing , I'm going to laugh my ass off. Doesn't fix my issues with this arc, but It will be hilarious in a surprise kinda way

On 11/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, DabigRG said:
  Hide contents

That Blimpfish is still there.

 

Spoiler

you think its holding them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Panda Claus said:

@Shadowlax what line?

Might be paraphrasing but

"you are too stubborn to be mind controlled "

I dunno, it was mentioned before that this is starting to ramp up and we are getting to the point where we get to the " underestimation " or " Betrayal " portion of the sonic production. I just think that either that betrayal is coming from a place people were not expecting. Or that help that one of the latter issues suggest sonic maybe getting might be stranger than we think.

Other prediction: Eggman gets bonked on the head again and becomes tinker and fixes it, and feels bad about it

 

 

On the note of the book itself. I don't like how this arc came about, that much is known. But this last issue was kinda...amazing? I hope they capitalize on the narrative they set up. Even though nothing happens and mostly a conversation, that conversation has a lot more in it than like some whole other issues. And given the context of what's going on , it means even more. While it might be boring for some, I could do for more issues that are, essentially just two characters talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

 

  Hide contents

you think its holding them?

 

Spoiler

It generally held numerous Egg Pawn with Parachutes at standard size. Heck, i would've been surprised if one of them is basically flying it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I hope this comic series will sell well like sonic products that are currently on the market especially the sonic posters, It is one of the most popular products for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 AS far as sonic killing his foes, I like to think about that like.. it's just anime. The most anime plots has Sonic killing demons, aliens and gods. I don't think we were meant to think about it this deeply. Tho to relate this to rather Sonic should've listened to Shadow or not, I think it wouldn't have mattered anyway. To be completely fair, even if Sonic were like " Fine, go off him then." Shadow would've most likely failed and Eggman would be right back where he is now and we'll still have the metal virus. I guess the long short of it I'm trying to say is while I get the debate on saying it's Sonic's fault... but did we or anyone actually expect Sonic to treat Eggman like the few demons aliens and gods he's fought before? Cause if you spin the record a sudden way you could say Sonic's been at fault since the first game. He hasn't killed Eggman after he blew up the planet THREE times, unleashed who knows how many gods/demons on the planet, blew up the moon. and did I mention he literally blew up earth 3 times? If Sonic didn't think it was worth it to kill Eggman after that alone then the metal virus is no different. 

 I'm debating if Sonic should face judgement for that choice in the comic to be honest, tho I guess that's what the debate is actually about. And based on what I just wrote... No. I don't think he should face judgement... not for the Resident Evil like virus anyway. IT would make for a neat plotline for a little bit, but overall if we're going to say this is Sonic's fault.. then Sonic has ALOT to answer for. The Bio Hazard shouldn't even be on the list. Dude let Eggman live after Eggman BLEW UP THE PLANET. Dragon Ball Z villains can't even say they were able to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remynaka said:


 AS far as sonic killing his foes, I like to think about that like.. it's just anime. The most anime plots has Sonic killing demons, aliens and gods. I don't think we were meant to think about it this deeply. Tho to relate this to rather Sonic should've listened to Shadow or not, I think it wouldn't have mattered anyway. To be completely fair, even if Sonic were like " Fine, go off him then." Shadow would've most likely failed and Eggman would be right back where he is now and we'll still have the metal virus. I guess the long short of it I'm trying to say is while I get the debate on saying it's Sonic's fault... but did we or anyone actually expect Sonic to treat Eggman like the few demons aliens and gods he's fought before? Cause if you spin the record a sudden way you could say Sonic's been at fault since the first game. He hasn't killed Eggman after he blew up the planet THREE times, unleashed who knows how many gods/demons on the planet, blew up the moon. and did I mention he literally blew up earth 3 times? If Sonic didn't think it was worth it to kill Eggman after that alone then the metal virus is no different. 

 I'm debating if Sonic should face judgement for that choice in the comic to be honest, tho I guess that's what the debate is actually about. And based on what I just wrote... No. I don't think he should face judgement... not for the Resident Evil like virus anyway. IT would make for a neat plotline for a little bit, but overall if we're going to say this is Sonic's fault.. then Sonic has ALOT to answer for. The Bio Hazard shouldn't even be on the list. Dude let Eggman live after Eggman BLEW UP THE PLANET. Dragon Ball Z villains can't even say they were able to do that.

How would shadow have failed, he would have just killed him....that it. Ian flynn has gone very much out of his way to show the reason the virus got so far and so bad is because off eggman. He is writing this to specific pose the question and said himself that the answer is ambiguous. So , shadow could be right? Morally that's up to you.

 

I agree with the first part though, you arent supposed to think about it too hard. It's why I find this arc strange. To call this into question means to call wegmans action into a harsh reality we were never meant to think about them in. That he is infact quite litterally a murderous dictator. And in this arc he is infact acting like one

Should sonic face judgement? You mean like from a court? Nah, I don't think sonic going to court is that interesting outside of a more jovial in tone cartoon.

Should shadow consider him an active threat and try and kill him if he interferes, probably.

Should folks hear about sonic's choices and strait up dissaprove and think of him less, yeah.

Sonic going to jail or something? Kinda boring.

That said I don't think any of this matters. I get the feeling due to ian just openly admitting he just cant write a character the way he wants to. I think everyone's just gonna move past the sonic choice thing and it will largely be disregarded. Unless Sega lightens up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

How would shadow have failed, he would have just killed him....that it. Ian flynn has gone very much out of his way to show the reason the virus got so far and so bad is because off eggman. He is writing this to specific pose the question and said himself that the answer is ambiguous. So , shadow could be right? Morally that's up to you.

 

I agree with the first part though, you arent supposed to think about it too hard. It's why I find this arc strange. To call this into question means to call wegmans action into a harsh reality we were never meant to think about them in. That he is infact quite litterally a murderous dictator. And in this arc he is infact acting like one



 Oh I mean Eggman has plot armor... so by that alone he can never die. Sega would not allow Shadow killing him now. Thats what I meant by that, it's a plot that'll always fail due to main character plot armor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Remynaka said:

 Oh I mean Eggman has plot armor...

In this specific context that's not what plot armor is...

None of the characters can die, so that doesn't matter.

Plot armor would refer to the avoidance/ignoring of specific consequences that would actually deter a character's ability to win or succeed.

In a villains case his ability to succeed...until they're suppose to actually lose. Which Eggman hasn't had yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.