Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

In this specific context that's not what plot armor is...

None of the characters can die, so that doesn't matter.

Plot armor would refer to the avoidance/ignoring of specific consequences that would actually deter a character's ability to win or succeed.

In a villains case his ability to succeed...until they're suppose to actually lose. Which Eggman hasn't had yet.

You know what I mean tho... Eggman wouldn't/can't die so Shadow's plan whatever it may be would've failed instantly :c That's all my point was.

Amazing arc so far. Though I wish the zombies could fully use theablitities they had before infection but still be mindless in a way

Also eggman actually taking time thinking about his tinker life showed he enjoyed it but that he has convinced himself that he is and should be a villain.

I see starline going off on his own soon

16 hours ago, Remynaka said:

You know what I mean tho... Eggman wouldn't/can't die so Shadow's plan whatever it may be would've failed instantly :c That's all my point was.

I mean,  in that case eggman should never try because he's the main villain in a children's property. Unless the story itself gets that meta it might be better to just work within the confines of the story itself

On 11/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, Sonictrainer said:

No, it's because Eggman chose to go back to being evil, despite the fact that he actually, on some level, enjoyed being Mr. Tinker.

Even if Starline never existed and Eggman got his memories back some other way, he still would have to choose for himself whether to change or go back to being evil.

Also, something tells me that the Deadly 6 won't be able to mind bend the Zombots so easily either...

The cure could lie in the 6 themselves getting turned. Maybe their powers overload everything and cure the Zombots before they can get to the human world.

I hope Blaze has a part in it.  It would make more sense that the Sol Emeralds called her over for THAT, then the Metal Sonic incident(which in comparison, is relatively minor.  The Master Emerald gets taken more than Robotnik's pocket change lol).

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

What are your hopes for t&w 4? Do you want Mimic to die or be a recurrent villain?

My automatic assumption  was always that he'd die.

The comics were much better about maintaining ongoing details than the game are, though. However, the fact that "back where this started" does not mean Tangle's Hometown is point against that.

7 hours ago, SatAMhog said:

I hope Blaze has a part in it.  It would make more sense that the Sol Emeralds called her over for THAT, then the Metal Sonic incident(which in comparison, is relatively minor.  The Master Emerald gets taken more than Robotnik's pocket change lol).

Mm...depends on how this seeming final battle turns out and/or is followed up. 

It could be a neat point, though.

It ends in a way that leaves me satisfied with everyone involved

Ian imo is known for screwing up endings by trying to add extra bows and stuff. And the shit should just ended. So just a solid no crap ending would be dope

I'm almost finished writing a transcript of Kureeji Lea's interview on the Bumbelkast and will post at least a part here too due to one question in particular. :worried:

EDIT: Here's the relevant bits

Spoiler

⦁    Aleah Baker got into the Archie comic by coloring the offpanels and helping with character designs.
⦁    She kinda rudely went up to editor at a convention after a while of trying to get in and he said he was meaning to get back to her about an offer.  She then panicked, apologized, and ran away before being sent files a week or two later :lol: (not exactly how ian remembers it, but he rolls with it). 
⦁    The early offpanels she colored were sent in sets of four.
⦁    She generally strove to help design or redesign things at any opportunity. 
⦁    They generally tried to design and write characters by having some idea of where they are going so they weren't aimless or extraneous.
⦁    She helped switch up or redesign characters who had becoming too samey or inconsistent.
⦁    She had freer reign on characterization when she got to write compared to character designs.
⦁    She tried to have as many varied interactions as she can to avoid having exclusive assocations.
⦁    She wanted to write stronger relationships  due to how they were often informed or underdeveloped. As such, she didn't like having Cassia call Clove sis but editor wanted to be sure readers picked up on their relationship.
⦁    She generally approached her art in terms of what is most likely to be rejected by editor and would be easier for the art team to do. As such, she was told not to go too complex with color schemes and patterns.
⦁    She actually contacted IDW editors Joe Hughes and Mariot  about coloring and the like, but started to develop a hard to diagnose condition similar to rheumatoid arthritis that included dactylitis as a symtom. She couldn't really move or do much for a year and half, including hike, swim , play many games, or attend convetions without quickly losing energy, so she informed them that she didn't feel comfortable taking a positon that she'd be unreliable meeting deadlines on.  

Also
⦁    He believes  tragedy is a compelling way to maintain readership, but levity is importnt as well
⦁    The Fantastic Halloween cover had to be tweaked due to SEGA being touchy about other properties.
⦁    He really hopes Shadow's Chao appears in comic one day, but doesn't see it happening given the current dierection.

6 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

I didn't like it, easily the most anticlimactic part of the miniseries. Eh.

Hide contents

It's just… it. They capture Mimic, the end. Well executed but not much happens I guess?

For me it's about the ride not the destination. That was gonna happen anyway. But Mimic might be the most dangerous villain because he shows no remorse at all, whereas Eggman showed a second of nostalgia for Mr. Tinker

Tangle & Whisper #4... eh.

I don't know, it went waaaay to smoothly. It's one thing that story has no plot twists, but this issue just lacked in tension.

I think biggest problem is that Mimic lacks any curve ball. He's one trick squid, no extra powers, fighting skills or cool weapon. Army of badniks is inconsequential. Even is shape shifting is used with little imagination. Maybe if he had colorful personality I would forgive it, but he's kinda simple. I know that 'shape shifter' is an old hat, but
1 Flynn picked that hat
2 Double Trouble from She-Ra. Case Closed

The best I can say about him is that he might be intentionally weak. All of his strategies are cowardly cheap shots. "Who wants a fair fight?" is a line that sums him nicely. Behind the facade of professional killer, he's just pathetic coward who sold his  team because of a slim chance that they get captured.

There are few cute moments and references to Metal Gear (I think location is based on MGS 2), but nothing to write book about.

Overall I think this mini didn't reached it's full potential. It gives me this nagging feeling that Flynn could make it bigger and complex and stuff, but preferred to play it safe and maybe save something for a sequel.

I mean, writing Shape Snifter 101

Spoiler

Why he didn't changed form during fight?

That scary Vector, Sonic, Eggman, Shadow to tick off Whisper, etc

In animation it might be expensive, but this is comic. He could be in different form in every damn panel.