Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

22 hours ago, Panda Claus said:

Second issue 25 cover

60074047-A64-B-44-FB-A320-57234-C7-AB4-B

I'm wondering, is the artist who did this cover the same guy who did Act 1 of Worlds Unite? The shading style and designs look very similar.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I'm wondering, is the artist who did this cover the same guy who did Act 1 of Worlds Unite? The shading style and designs look very similar.

Adam Bryce Thomas did this cover. He said so on twitter. I assume he did the coloring as well.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

It’s Adam Bryce Thomas.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Since other folks have already said it was ABT I'd like to point out who you're thinking of is Dan Schoening who does IDW's Ghostbusters comics and is probably busy working on the Ghostbusters Year 1 miniseries.

Also, there's a 2020 Annual a-comin'!

You can see the synopsis for both issues by clicking on the tweet threads.

• Thumbs Up 6

Is it me or is that green zombot looking kind of like Scourge when he was in Zone Jail?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh no... :anguished:

Meanwhile, Tails is up against the Filler Two--what an peculiar juxtaposition. 

44 minutes ago, Koopa Klaus CC14 said:

New 27 cover:

Hide contents

Poor Cream. :(

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Is it me or is that green zombot looking kind of like Scourge when he was in Zone Jail?

Eh, kinda but not really. If anything, looks like Spike got arrested instead. 

15 minutes ago, Winter Spirit Ultima said:

Cover B and RI of the 2020 Annual:

EMPRKKoXYAAFduP?format=jpg&name=large

EMPRdmkXYAEGRsk?format=jpg&name=medium

You caught a FROOOG! 

That moodwhiplash

Spoiler

Big's probably gonna claw the Zeti when he finds out what they've done to Cream.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Considering Lamar’s last cover also featured appearances from zombots who looked suspiciously similar to old Archie characters, I wouldn’t put it past him.

man, in issue 27 cover b, tails looks peeved and as for the 2020 annual cover, its awesome. it is like knuckles and tangle is saying heres looking at you fans! it looks really cool. i hope big comes into the fray in issue 27. 

1 minute ago, bingboomer said:

man, in issue 27 cover b, tails looks peeved and as for the 2020 annual cover, its awesome. it is like knuckles and tangle is saying heres looking at you fans! it looks really cool. i hope big comes into the fray in issue 27. 

I love that they used all the new IDW characters.

Shows a nice little world they made.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Panda Claus said:

I’m glad to see Tracey again. I thought he was taking a break, last I heard?

What? what issue is he doing?

22 minutes ago, Panda Claus said:

I’m glad to see Tracey again. I thought he was taking a break, last I heard?

He probably doesn't have time to pencil entire stories, but can work on a cover or two.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

My son looking like a total badass. Was not expecting that. Where has this been over the past decade XD

Side materials.

6 hours ago, Koopa Klaus CC14 said:

New 27 cover:

Reveal hidden contents

Poor Cream. :(

First she's not in Forces, then she's shafted in TSR, then she gets a minor role in the comics and now THIS? Man Cream's getting shafted hard. She wasn't playable in Tokyo 2020 either though she at least getting a small role. I hope she gets some real love later, she's one of my favorites.

Spoiler

I know it might be inappropriate here but the Taiream shipper in me is loving what seems to be Tails' reaction to Cream getting infected. It's like Tails witnessed her get infected right in front of him and knows he's helpless to do anything for her, so he just snapped and lashed out in fury at those that did this to his Cream. Jumping into the fray himself and attacking head on with such ferocity isn't something he'd do out of the blue. I see this as him going berserk in retaliation for what they did to Cream. To me, that look of pure unadulterated rage in his face is that of someone who was forced to watch his foes effectively kill the girl he loves, like he's got nothing left to lose and is giving it all he's got to make those who took her pay. All it's missing is Berserker Tears.

Even with the shipping goggles off and cheesy thoughts aside though, he'd probably react like that to any of his friends being infected. It's nice to see Tails manning up and attacking his foes head on, being a brave hero and fierce fighter in his own right.