Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

On 12/20/2019 at 5:45 AM, Koopa Klaus CC14 said:

Also, there's a 2020 Annual a-comin'!

You can see the synopsis for both issues by clicking on the tweet threads.

They need to literally show Amy eating that cookie in every IDW comic art cover from now on and why aren't the zeti at this party. 

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

They need to literally show Amy eating that cookie in every IDW comic art cover from now on and why aren't the zeti at this party. 

Why arent many other people at the party

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Because I don't know what the other people are doing.

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You can only fit so many characters on a cover like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

If you're talking legitimately, why would they invite them? 

Heck, why would they come? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

If you're talking legitimately, why would they invite them? 

Heck, why would they come? :lol:

I was initially going to say, “well why are Eggman, Rough, Tumble, and Starline there?”

Then I realised upon closer inspection that they’re looking in through a window.

You know, admittedly I'm a little sad that the next Annual will be still zombot focused as the lack of focus on the zombot problem honestly helped elevate the tangle and Whisper miniseries in a addition to its fun character study. On the other hand, seeing all of the heroes happy and full of life on the party cover is a nice breath of fresh air. 

As they have for now just the main serie + bonus stuff and that they already announced the Annual here for March, they certainly don't want the annual and the mini-serie to overstep each-other.

They might do like for the first mini-serie : preparing it in the annual.

If the 2020 annual is developing stories from the current main storyline, it's possible they're waiting for the main one to wrap before they start any new side stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of side stories, what are some vague things ya'll would like to see that could fit that format?

Spoiler

More specific setups should be spoilered

A single, unified world.

The only other world should be Little Planet.

39 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

A single, unified world.

Not much for a story there, uh? 

2 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

A single, unified world.

Spoiler

lol

Between the Wisps and DoDonpa's home Planet - the entire universe is fair game at this point.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Not much for a story there, uh? 

Oh, there’s plenty for a story if Sega weren’t so restrictive.

I’m honestly just taking every shot against the Two Worlds thing for the humor of it. :P 

If you want a more serious response, honestly exploring the Sol Dimension more would be high on my list.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Oh, there’s plenty for a story if Sega weren’t so restrictive.

I’m honestly just taking every shot against the Two Worlds thing for the humor of it. :P 

If you want a more serious response, honestly exploring the Sol Dimension more would be high on my list.

You wanna bet Sega also restricts sol dimension??

7 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

There we go--let's get on that, maybe! 

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

You wanna bet Sega also restricts sol dimension??

I wouldn't be surprised if IDW avoids showing it for the same reason as Silver's future. The moment SEGA does anything with it (as unlikely as that it is) they'd have to rectify the differences.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:23 AM, Zaysho said:

This blaming Sonic for decisions all the other characters would have made anyway (especially when the Chaotix sat around and decided not to do anything and put it on Sonic in the first place) is getting tiring.

Just read this, but it really is. It started in the games with Lost World, then Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric did it, the Sonic Boom cartoon followed, and now the IDW comics are doing it too. If this is supposed to be showing that Sonic isn't perfect and makes mistakes, this isn't how you do it. It just makes the rest of the cast look like jerks.

5 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It started in the games with Lost World...

I'm not sure anyone else would've made that mistake besides Sonic honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Just read this, but it really is. It started in the games with Lost World, then Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric did it, the Sonic Boom cartoon followed, and now the IDW comics are doing it too. If this is supposed to be showing that Sonic isn't perfect and makes mistakes, this isn't how you do it. It just makes the rest of the cast look like jerks.

I really don't think it does. Sonic made the decision to not let shadow do the murder, and now this is happening. Along with eggman's previous action being called into context, while yes they should take stock in their own inaction their beef with sonic more than justified. This is what your protagonist being flawed looks like , sometimes people actually criticize him. I don't really think this is an issue and I don't think this makes them looks like jerks. Sonic took charge and decided this was what he wanted to do, he's getting called out for it.

One of my  issues is the person who probably should have the most uh...meaningful words for sonic , even if sega hadn't intervened would have been turned into a zombie for a cheap pop. And none of his or anyone elses  opinions of have actually mattered throughout the narrative? Like while other characters are criticizing sonic, he never stops to think his actions effect others. Its always " Its gonna be ok " or " i'm tired " like I think the characters need to keep criticizing him until he realizes " he needs to think " . He has not been criticized enough, sonic's thoughts are largely still self centered

My other issue is , its focused around eggman. Eggman has to become evil again because he's one of the most famous villians in media ever. He is never not going to be a bad guy, and to frame this sort of " did you do the right thing narrative " around him removes the nuance from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

They didn't announce anything for the next miniseries yet, why take so long

I assume because it's not coming out in March. Honestly I wouldn't expect any kind of announcement until the May solicits.