Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

SPOILERS found from unknown source:

Spoiler

1577227976585.png

Spoiler

This has obviously more impact and reward, because we got attached to Tangle and Whisper's friendship through the miniseries. If doesnt feel rushed like Cream or Chaotix turning zombots.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

I sense a disturbance in that spoiler.

Almost like...my favorite character is in distress.

What happened to Amy?

Didn't read the image?

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

SPOILERS found from unknown source:

Hide contents

1577227976585.png

Hide contents

This has obviously more impact and reward, because we got attached to Tangle and Whisper's friendship through the miniseries. If doesnt feel rushed like Cream or Chaotix turning zombots.

Da foq?

I'm sorry, got flashbacks to some of the more detailed rough stuff from Archie there.

Spoiler

Also, more Walking Dead.

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Da foq?

I'm sorry, got flashbacks to some of the more detailed rough stuff from Archie there.

Hide contents

Also, more Walking Dead.

More Walking Dead means we need more conflict between the survivors.

And survivor factions fighting to death for supplies and weapons.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

More Walking Dead means we need more conflict between the survivors.

And survivor factions fighting to death for supplies and weapons.

True.

Probably shouldn't have took credit for the walkie talkie then.

EDIT: That second sentence tho. :lol: 

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

True.

Probably shouldn't have took credit for the walkie talkie then.

EDIT: That second sentence tho. :lol: 

It's what happens there. 12 issue war arcs were fun because they were pumping them out weekly.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

It's what happens there. 12 issue war arcs were fun because they were pumping them out weekly.

Oh.

I've really only been into the games, so my thought would've been ANF.

Well that and the weapons in this case being Wispons.

• Thumbs Up 1

So. Those mandates people like to bring up.

Spoiler

there is none. holy freaking god what was this issue. the art, the emotion, the despair, this isn't sonic the hedgehog this is Walking freaking Dead with animals

- Cream completely dead inside

- Tangle getting caught and hugging Sonic before that

- WHISPER'S REACTION TO IT what the frick was that

- And the absolutely horrifying scene of Whisper completely destroyed getting consoled by a six year old girl who lost everything so is dead inside

Issue 25 has some serious goddamn implications thanks to ABT's comment on it

.... Is Gemerl going to die trying to save Cream?

44 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Hide contents

there is none. holy freaking god what was this issue. the art, the emotion, the despair, this isn't sonic the hedgehog this is Walking freaking Dead with animals

- And the absolutely horrifying scene of Whisper completely destroyed getting consoled by a six year old girl who lost everything so is dead inside

You wilding if you think this issue means mandates don't exist when the writer of this book has openly talked about being restricted by sega on a bunch of stuff.  And on something's afraid to even ask about.

Nothing you said falls outside any established sega rules of things they want restricted or specific characterizations. Particularly those pertaining to comic original characters the ones they care less about

• Thumbs Up 1

A shame I can't get it for Kindle until Thursday. Though hopefully when I do get my hands on it this embracing of utter despair doesn't just put me off the book. It's been a little too long since we've had any real levity or whimsey which for me typically gives the darker stuff more weight. When everything is dark and heavy all the time it starts to lose its impact and just becomes dull and monotonous.

It was dull and monotonous right after the first Chaotix issue of the arc. 

Which is also why that was more impactful than what went down in this issue. 

10 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Reveal hidden contents

No the mandates definitely exist they're just not as restrictive as people make them out to be. This is a hill I'll die on.

Why is this issue being released today?

Because it's Wednesday. I mean I know it's Christmas but it's still Wednesday. 

7 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

It was dull and monotonous right after the first Chaotix issue of the arc. 

Which is also why that was more impactful than what went down in this issue. 

No it wasn't. It was a good arc, I even enjoyed the Team Dark issues. I'm just tired and bored now, it's gotten old, I don't think it was rushed here either, it is just repetitive. The plot didn't advance either...

Spoiler

The Deadly Six have just barely arrived, not much happens. It's like an aftermath story, barely filler, okay Tangle got infected, and she was awesome IMO, still very much Tangle, were there consequences? Yes, everyone is hopeless.

But in my opinion it's way too long and dark, it's actually pretty shallow and more of the same. Was this issue even needed? I actually agree with shorter arcs now, 12 issues arcs like season 1 are fine. Obviously it couldn't have been resolved in one issue... how about turning it into a pseudo-different story as follow up to the Metal Virus? That would have had both consequences and a new story instead of it dragging. Also break up a bit the boring and sad mood.

While I do admit that the atmosphere has been a little too bleak lately, this was one of the stronger issues.

Issues that focus on the individual characters and highlight their characteristics tend to stand out much more to me and that was on full display here.

Sort of confused by the reaction to this issue because I thought it was the best one yet. Made great use of the momentum from the miniseries and ABT's fantastic art to deliver the strongest gut punches yet imo. 

It's making me realize how the different artists bring these scripts to life for me. I'm generally way more invested in an ABT issue or an Evan issue than others. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Sort of confused by the reaction to this issue because I thought it was the best one yet. Made great use of the momentum from the miniseries and ABT's fantastic art to deliver the strongest gut punches yet imo. 

It's making me realize how the different artists bring these scripts to life for me. I'm generally way more invested in an ABT issue or an Evan issue than others. 

Me too.

Dude, my heart broke when

Spoiler

Whisper tearfully witnessed Tangle, the friend she made after the Diamond Cutters incident, turn into a zombot. The way it was drawn tho holy crap.

And then Whsiper crying while Cream tries to comfort her made me even more sad. 

Merry fucking Christmas indeed.

• My Emmerdoods 1

13 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

There isn't a "no sad things" mandate, nothing in this issue touches the ones we know about.

24 minutes ago, Razule said:

There isn't a "no sad things" mandate, nothing in this issue touches the ones we know about.

The ones that actually exist.

You can't be sure people "know" when they keep getting them wrong.