Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

The only one I could think of would be Len Jansen, who began as the showrunner for season 1. He's done some fan stuff before as seen by the Ghostbusters thing he took part in. 

• Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The only one I could think of would be Len Jansen, who began as the showrunner for season 1. He's done some fan stuff before as seen by the Ghostbusters thing he took part in. 

Thanks for that, I might see if I can fire off a polite email. See if I get any love in return. Will let you know how it goes if I get any joy. Or save it for a post if it all ends in success haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Spookmmetra said:

I wonder what are the chances of Ian being on the official stream this Thursday?

I'm out of the loop, but if this is a SEGA stream, then no, since they like to pretend the comics don't exist.

9 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I'm out of the loop, but if this is a SEGA stream, then no, since they like to pretend the comics don't exist.

Well they did promote them while the anniversary was going on, plus Aaron was at the IDW meeting as seen in that round table photo, and he was at New York right? So perhaps Sega is taking a more hands on approach with the new comics.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that even if SEGA is fine (in theory) with Chronicles material being used, IDW will probably feel the way Archie did. I mean, they've gotta be at least vaguely aware of what went down with Penders.

• Nice Smile 1

They have confidence in this. Maybe they're up to the challenge, or maybe SEGA is taking a bigger role in helping out?

Either way I have a lot of suspicion that the way things turned out was Archie's failure, not Penders's success. Any half-decent legal team should by all rights be able to sort this out if it manages to become a priority.

JUST LET ME HAVE HOPE DAMMIT

• Thumbs Up 1

Given his tweet, seems to be. 

But I daresay it still has a tiny bit of relevance here; it seems that the statement he made about there being "More than I could ever expect" wasn't related to the IDW comic itself but this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I can $100% guarantee the announcement tomorrow isn't a Forces adaptation, not if they were asking for people's opinion on whether it should be done in the first place yesterday.

Where's my money Shaddy.

I want that moolah Shaddy. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

Not an IDW Forces adaptation but still Forces related, sorry Shaddy lol.

I wouldn't mind Adam being a regular contributor to the IDW series tho, the artwork is nice and crisp, the emotion in characters faces is nicely portrayed, and the battle panels are exciting to look at, love the one with Vector chomping down and holding off a couple of bots. Only thing that detracted a bit for me was the almost MS Paint looking blur on Charmy' s wings, almost looked like they were glued up to me, but a small complaint overall. The point of view being from a rookie was interesting too, seeing things from the "outside", makes me wish they had gotten Ian in on the game script, he could have done what they are trying to portray in Forces some justice. Well done Ian and Adam, you made a Forces adaption look interesting, instead of bland and generic like the game is looking. Colour me interested in the next 3 parts.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, DoubleXXCross said:

This'd still make it like… the third time he wrote a comic directly tying into a Sonic game, though?

Well.. fourth? There's Secret Rings, Lost World prequel, Shattered Crystal prequel, and this one.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Well.. fourth? There's Secret Rings, Lost World prequel, Shattered Crystal prequel, and this one.

Unleashed, Riders, Chronicles, Colours, Gens, Rush Adventure, Black Knight, Sonic 4 Ep 2, Jump, Dash, All-Stars Transformed...?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Unleashed, Riders, Chronicles, Colours, Gens, Rush Adventure, Black Knight, Sonic 4 Ep 2, Jump, Dash, All-Stars Transformed...?

I assume he meant directly as in attached to the games, so.. actually three.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

I didn't know about the Lost World one, actually!

1 hour ago, Razule said:

I assume he meant directly as in attached to the games, so.. actually three.

How was Lost World attached, assuming you meant attached as in it came with/in the game itself?

Lost World was supposed to be a prequel comic, but after the issue was released I don't think SEGA have ever referenced it.

It's Secret Rings that's not really an example.