Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

No, he's saying she was in New252. Basically acknowledging that she might've had some liking of Sonic early on as in SatAM/Archie, but nothing came of it.

6 hours ago, Big Panda said:

The way you worded it was confusing. Almost made it sound as if she was bi in old canon and full lesbian in new canon.

I'm thinking of attempting to report back on the Bumblekast's myself eventually, although, I'm probably going to just quote Ian directly instead of paraphrasing. It really does threaten to misconstrue some of the things he's saying if paraphrasing is done wrong. Hell, even quoting sometimes doesn't work because the inflections aren't the same. Sometimes people might think he's mad when he's actually being jovial and happy.

For the best experience, listening to the Q&A sections themselves would be for the best though.

55 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm thinking of attempting to report back on the Bumblekast's myself eventually, although, I'm probably going to just quote Ian directly instead of paraphrasing. It really does threaten to misconstrue some of the things he's saying if paraphrasing is done wrong. Hell, even quoting sometimes doesn't work because the inflections aren't the same. Sometimes people might think he's mad when he's actually being jovial and happy.

For the best experience, listening to the Q&A sections themselves would be for the best though.

Yeah, pretty much. I like to share information, but I'll admit I can be careless or overly picky about how I rephrase it as proper sentences. 

9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

More Bumblekast, this time 105:

•   Hide contents

• The topic was on Morality, so Snively and briefly Knuckles were brought up as a point of how a character's switch of sides can be interesting or perhaps take away some of what them interesting. The former joining the Freedom Fighters had little done to explore his change or even question his sincerity, so he was brought into the Eggman Empire to be reestablish the interesting dynamics and explore the moral implications of doing so.
    • A unanswered question about what happened to the Troll Civilization revealed that there is a minute information that has been deemed possible to mold into a safe-to-share bit of Lost Hedgehog Tales. He will try to ask certain individuals about other stuff that might not be swampy when the time is right since it's been a while.
    • Season 2 of IDW was not originally this long, but was extended due to format of trades and a need to showcase the extended cast to makeup for their rarity in the games.
    • Season 3 of Sonic X was due to popular demand in France and is apparently only recently being released in Japan. It's also confusingly being replayed to promote the Movie.
    • Whisper & Mimic is just a basic Wolf & Octopus with no particular species being intended. He acknowledges how Sonic, Big, and Cream could be considered a particular animal, but doubts it is intentional.
    • Sees crossover with MLP FIM as an inevitability and has a few thoughts about it, but is holding onto that to avoid spoilers whenever it does come up. He would like to see interaction between both worlds to go crazy if allowed(ex.Sonic vs Rainbow has to come up at some point :lol:).
    • Doesn't think Human vs Sonic's World should be as complex. Yuji Naka was apparently the one who came up with the Human World distinction and Iuzuka just inherited the eventual need to mention it out of house. 
    • The Super Genesis Wave changed everything, including Sally's bisexuality(or pansexuality according to Kyle) that was lightly founded in Spark of Life. Any nods to what come before were simple fanservice.

Something I just remembered:

That thing about the cast makes me feel like there are characters that we are not gonna see much after this year.

What do you mean as " Doesn't think it should be as complex " as like people are overthinking it or it should be made simpler?

I'm glad he has come to terms with the eventuality of the hedgehog smolhorse wars. N I G H T M A R E  S H A D O W  cometh

While I hate sally, the fan service thing is ...unfortunate. Did sega not want that sort of thing around, or did he just go scorched earth on anything resembling romantic attachment...or both

The thing about Sonic X season 3 is funny because its the season with like...the least humans in it.

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That thing about the cast makes me feel like there are characters that we are not gonna see much after this year.

Oh, good point.

Granted, I already had doubts and concerns about how this arc will end, but still.

What do you mean as " Doesn't think it should be as complex " as like people are overthinking it or it should be made simpler?

Sorta the former.

The question was something about whether humans went extinct on Sonic's World and he pointed out that it can be as simple as, "If there are a good number of humans in an issue, then it's most likely the human world."

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

smollhorse NIGHTMARE SHADOW

IDW FIM is still going, isn't it?

While I hate sally, the fan service thing is ...unfortunate. Did sega not want that sort of thing around, or did he just go scorched earth on anything resembling romantic attachment...or both

Another thing I should clear up--the fanservice thing was referring to most of the few callbacks to the previous continuity.

He did generally take efforts to avoid romance if there wasn't anything interesting or crucial about it, though.

The thing about Sonic X season 3 is funny because its the season with like...the least humans in it.

Oh don't worry, they lampshade that.

The "best" connection Kyle can come up with is the traveling across worlds aspect and that's immediately nullified by Season 1 being truer to canon.

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, good point.

Granted, I already had doubts and concerns about how this arc will end, but still.

Like while I have my misgivings about shadow. How he's been handled and how due to Ian Flynn's recent statement previous issues featuring the guy may have been rendered a bit moot.

Him not being the focus of a story doesn't mean he wont be around. He most likely will be. Big might actually show up for one annual and bounce and that kinda sucks

IDW FIM is still going, isn't it?

I think its gonna keep going till hasbro starts up thier new horse show in I think later this year? maybe next year. I genuinely wonder how that will turn out, lotta rumors and leaked info and junk

Another thing I should clear up--the fanservice thing was referring to most of the few callbacks to the previous continuity.

Oh ok that makes sense

Oh don't worry, they lampshade that.

The "best" connection Kyle can come up with is the traveling across worlds aspect and that's immediately nullified by Season 1 being truer to canon.

And then you find out that Tom the Cop has a nephew named chris thorndyke

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Like while I have my misgivings about shadow. How he's been handled and how due to Ian Flynn's recent statement previous issues featuring the guy may have been rendered a bit moot.

Him not being the focus of a story doesn't mean he wont be around. He most likely will be. Big might actually show up for one annual and bounce and that kinda sucks

Image result for confused black guy

Anyway, moot in what sense?

I think its gonna keep going till hasbro starts up thier new horse show in I think later this year? maybe next year. I genuinely wonder how that will turn out, lotta rumors and leaked info and junk

The one with the same characters but more detailed or the one with the same characters but on angel dust?

And then you find out that Tom the Cop has a nephew named chris thorndyke

That'd be a reference that both makes sense and yet doesn't.

Chris IS apparently a SonicTeam character, you know.

19 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Image result for confused black guy

Anyway, moot in what sense?

Something you said I think a bit ago " Ian flynn might take some time to figure shadow out " or something to that effect. Its on the money, I think. He does need to figure shadow out, he doesn't really have a good grasp of who shadow is right now. Neither do we ( and neither does sega ) Ian Probably assuming the guy was the same, wrote a story assuming we all knew the deal. It was setting up some big thing and was less about shadow himself. When push comes to shove turns out we including Ian himself didn't know the deal. Turns out he's not the same guy, and I think and I could be wrong the story requires a much more compassionate version of the shadow doesn't exist and I don't think the moral quandary is going anywhere. So that issue meant to set up who he is , but was spent setting up a plot line is going to lead nowhere and effect nothing. Its kinda moot. It didn't matter that year, can't be executed correctly now, and bonus it doesn't even matter to this plot.

Bonus:

Spoiler

That kinda makes Ian " i'm gonna avoid shadow thing " feel a bit worse because It doesn't at least to me feel like shadow got his set up issue, his issue was to set up future plot. And it worked out for no one involved and he's seemingly getting punished for that. You know what makes it double worse, you can take that moral quandary out of this arc and effects nothing. Sonic can have this entire moral argument by himself and with other characters and it serves the same thing narrative. Yay.

The one with the same characters but more detailed or the one with the same characters but on angel dust?

The one where some of em are different types of magic horse than they were before they are also from different worlds . Applejack may not be coming back and spike gets a bit more prominence

That'd be a reference that both makes sense and yet doesn't.

Chris IS apparently a SonicTeam character, you know.

Chris is inescapable. He will make his return, one day.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, DabigRG said:

•   Reveal hidden contents

• The topic was on Morality, so Snively and briefly Knuckles were brought up as a point of how a character's switch of sides can be interesting or perhaps take away some of what them interesting. The former joining the Freedom Fighters had little done to explore his change or even question his sincerity, so he was brought into the Eggman Empire to be reestablish the interesting dynamics and explore the moral implications of doing so.
    • A unanswered question about what happened to the Troll Civilization revealed that there is a minute information that has been deemed possible to mold into a safe-to-share bit of Lost Hedgehog Tales. He will try to ask certain individuals about other stuff that might not be swampy when the time is right since it's been a while.
    • Season 2 of IDW was not originally this long, but was extended due to format of trades and a need to showcase the extended cast to makeup for their rarity in the games.
    • Season 3 of Sonic X was due to popular demand in France and is apparently only recently being released in Japan. It's also confusingly being replayed to promote the Movie.
    • Whisper & Mimic is just a basic Wolf & Octopus with no particular species being intended. He acknowledges how Sonic, Big, and Cream could be considered a particular animal, but doubts it is intentional.
    • Sees crossover with MLP FIM as an inevitability and has a few thoughts about it, but is holding onto that to avoid spoilers whenever it does come up. He would like to see interaction between both worlds to go crazy if allowed(ex.Sonic vs Rainbow has to come up at some point :lol:).
    • Doesn't think Human vs Sonic's World should be as complex. Yuji Naka was apparently the one who came up with the Human World distinction and Iuzuka just inherited the eventual need to mention it out of house. 
    • The Super Genesis Wave changed everything, including Sally's bisexuality(or pansexuality according to Kyle) that was lightly founded in Spark of Life. Any nods to what come before were simple fanservice.

"Sally was made Bisexual after the Super Genesis Wave" *Remembers the panel of her "Admiring" Mina's music in pre-reboot* ...Yeah I'm not too sure about that Mr. Flynn.

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

"Sally was made Bisexual after the Super Genesis Wave" *Remembers the panel of her "Admiring" Mina's music in pre-reboot* ...Yeah I'm not too sure about that Mr. Flynn.

Explanation required, please.

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Which issue was that...?

13 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Sally just looks gloomy in those panels to me.

Well she's supposed to be listening to Mina's music.

Side note if you haven't already check out ThanksKenPenders. It's a great blog.

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I hope that this will stop having people saying that they made her gay to stop her from dating Sonic,since now it's been confirmed that she is either bisexual or pansexual,meaning that she liked boys as well. She and Sonic simply were not into each other in the reboot

3 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

I hope that this will stop having people saying that they made her gay to stop her from dating Sonic,since now it's been confirmed that she is either bisexual or pansexual,meaning that she liked boys as well. She and Sonic simply were not into each other in the reboot

Honestly this isn't even the first time Ian has said she was Bi. He's mentioned it on Twitter before. 

I personally do like to think that Sonic and Sally tried to date post-reboot but found that Sonic's adventurous attitude and inability to stay in one place made it hard for them to stay a couple so they just mutually broke up.

A crossover with MLP as an inevitability? Didn't that show finish its run already? How much longer is the comic gonna stick around considering the source material is off the air?

32 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

New sketch by Evan Stanley

EODKlN4U0AAfL-M.png

Guess this means no full on Sonic Zombot for awhile. Kinda hoping we get that at some point.

5 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

A crossover with MLP as an inevitability? Didn't that show finish its run already? How much longer is the comic gonna stick around considering the source material is off the air?

I don't know how long it will last. There was a comic based on Saturday Morning cartoon about bunch of animals hiding in a forest from evil doctor and his robots and it lasted 291 issues + spin-offs.

MLP:FIM died just few months ago. And they already announced sorta-spin-ogg "Pony Live" show, "Season 10" comic, not to mention Gen 5 will show up soon. I think it will last for year or two more... then again, Adventure Time "season 11" comic died spectacularly. Canceleld after 6 issues.

11 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Well she's supposed to be listening to Mina's music.

Side note if you haven't already check out ThanksKenPenders. It's a great blog.

How long has it been around? Cause I seem to recall a similar blog years ago.

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly this isn't even the first time Ian has said she was Bi. He's mentioned it on Twitter before. 

I personally do like to think that Sonic and Sally tried to date post-reboot but found that Sonic's adventurous attitude and inability to stay in one place made it hard for them to stay a couple so they just mutually broke up.

Hence why she's bi instead of full blown gay. 

1 hour ago, Betz said:

Guess this means no full on Sonic Zombot for awhile. Kinda hoping we get that at some point.

I thought we would've had that by the Cyclone issue.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic should be taken out of commission after this story ends...it's the least that could happen.

But that might get in the way of the Sonic perspective. 

7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I was going to dwell on this point myself. I mean, in terms of MLP:FIM specifically, it has a little bit of shelf life left with that filler show while G5 is being produced, but by the time the Sonic comic is in a position to do that sort of story I would think it would have lost relevance.