Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Besides that, we already know he was infected at some point with the virus, IIRC, one of the annual stories is about Metal and how he deals with it.

But even that said, him going zombot would be contradictory to the story, because otherwise Omega and Gemerl should be shambling zombots by now, since they were fighting them head on.

I thought machines weren't able to be affected at all.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

BTW, did anyone realize that Heroes have incredibly easy way to beat Deadly Six?

Hide contents

1)  Open portal to all the Zeti

2) Sonic runs at full speed towards them

3) He gently pokes each of them with infected finger

4) Call Zavok and demand Emeralds before he turns into mindless zombot.

5) Party at Knuckles' place.

If diplomacy fails, wait for Virus to do it's magic. Then using superior intellect, warping portals, Metal and Gemerl and maybe just Silver's telekinesis, take Emeralds and do the thing.

(Or you know, screw Emeralds and power Warp Topaz with Master Emerald. A little anticlimactically easy, but works too).

Spoiler

Alternatively, the Deadly Six get infected, turn out of spite, now the Emeralds are in the hands of incredibly powerful Zombots who may or may not have the power to control other Zombots.

So what encounters/interactions are people looking forward to?

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Ian Flynn has a bit of a balancing act coming up due to sega's weirdness. I hope he pulls it it off

In what sense?

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Spoiler

of the zombot/still alive variations;

Tangle/Whisper, the want i want to see most tbh.

Shadow/Rouge, if rouge isn't too busy being the beautiful spy she is ofc, but idk if itll happen.

Vanilla & Chao/Cream, which I feel like is most likely going to happen if the other two don't happen. she is with gemerl too, soo... happy family reunion??

Vector & Charmy/Espio, which I feel will be the most heartbreaking for me.

outside of those;

More interaction between the D6, considering how everyone wants them to be better characters they have to do this. I personally want more Master Zik/Zavok interaction.

Jet/Wave/Storm interaction, because it'd be a sin not to do so after introducing them.

In one of Evan's Interior Page artworks, Sonic looks hella pissed off lmao, so if it's at someone (probably eggman) i want to see where that goes.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

In what sense?

Endings are hard man.

Gotta end it a way in which it can't probably effect too much of the future , but is satisfying. The last bit concerns me , because i'm concerned due to the success of the film, he might be advice to stay away from stories in the future. Stay closer to lighter fare. Hope he pulls it off really.

Then there's like the rouge sonic thing. Two people while not directly responsible, are due to the weird morality story are the most indirectly responsible for what's happening. And they kind of have to talk about that. But is it worth talking about , when the 3rd party has been acting like a whole ass? Is that even a story worth doing at this? And that isn't even Ian's fault that's all on sega.

I just hope whatever interference is run by sega and all the moving parts this story has it ends in a place that is satisfying. It doesn't ease my fears of editorial in future. But I would at least like to see this story turn out as ok as it can be. I'm not a huge fan of the story and I don't think they should be doing something like this in year 2. But that doesn't mean I want it to fail. Ian Flynn has a challenge ahead and I hope he meets it. Because if i'm being honest, I don't think Ian has a history of ending stories well. I don't think he ever has and that's also kind of my concern.

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Endings are hard man.

Gotta end it a way in which it can't probably effect too much of the future , but is satisfying. The last bit concerns me , because i'm concerned due to the success of the film, he might be advice to stay away from stories in the future. Stay closer to lighter fare. Hope he pulls it off really.

Then there's like the rouge sonic thing. Two people while not directly responsible, are due to the weird morality story are the most indirectly responsible for what's happening. And they kind of have to talk about that. But is it worth talking about , when the 3rd party has been acting like a whole ass? Is that even a story worth doing at this? And that isn't even Ian's fault that's all on sega.

I just hope whatever interference is run by sega and all the moving parts this story has it ends in a place that is satisfying. It doesn't ease my fears of editorial in future. But I would at least like to see this story turn out as ok as it can be. I'm not a huge fan of the story and I don't think they should be doing something like this in year 2. But that doesn't mean I want it to fail. Ian Flynn has a challenge ahead and I hope he meets it. Because if i'm being honest, I don't think Ian has a history of ending stories well. I don't think he ever has and that's also kind of my concern.

Oh yeah, the ending can certainly be weird to pull off.

Personally, I'm worried a little less about that compared to what will come after it and how do you follow up off of that.

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, the ending can certainly be weird to pull off.

Personally, I'm worried a little less about that compared to what will come after it and how do you follow up off of that.

I am also concerned, how do you follow it up. What does sega want right now. What does IDW want right now, where do we go. I'm concerned.... but curious. I wouldn't say the future is bright. But its weird.

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I am also concerned, how do you follow it up. What does sega want right now. What does IDW want right now, where do we go. I'm concerned.... but curious. I wouldn't say the future is bright. But its weird.

Especially when you remember SEGA, including Iuzuka himself, loved the concept and added more stuff to it. 

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Especially when you remember SEGA, including Iuzuka himself, loved the concept and added more stuff to it. 

They also changed some stuff too. Like what is too far now? And what if sega doesn't want to go back to something like that. Is that just the weird dark year?I dunno. Its weird

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

They also changed some stuff too. Like what is too far now? And what if sega doesn't want to go back to something like that. Is that just the weird dark year?I dunno. Its weird

Kinda like the last mainline game, it seems like a reset or doscontinuity would be the safest option.

5 minutes ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

I'm not following, don't be cryptic, are you still talking about the mandates around Sha... I mean, various characters, or something else? I'm hearing baseless rumors that the Warp Topaz is needed for some retcon due to Sega and canon... Not sure if it's true, but the possibility is definitely there.

Nah, I just mean that Forces would be better off not being a direct part of the continuity.

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Nah, I just mean that Forces would be better off not being a direct part of the continuity.

I know we don't like the game, but going out of your way to say "that one time Eggman took over the world never happened" just seems weird.

17 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

I know we don't like the game, but going out of your way to say "that one time Eggman took over the world never happened" just seems weird.

"And killed thousands of Mobians with the help of a psychopath" seems like a good extra to shift off.

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

I mean if the book hadn't been based around forces it really wouldn't need to.

Like i'm sure at this point no part of sonic 06 is canon to anything. As long as you don't bring it up, for the most part no one cares.

3 hours ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

I'm not following, don't be cryptic, are you still talking about the mandates around Sha... I mean, various characters, or something else? I'm hearing baseless rumors that the Warp Topaz is needed for some retcon due to Sega and canon... Not sure if it's true, but the possibility is definitely there.

I don't see that in itself a possibility. I was thinking the Warp Topaz plan might open up something similar to the Genesis Portals (which Silver was sealing) during the Archie series in the process of whatever mass cure the heroes are planning. At the very least, I don't see Ian resorting to a sudden retcon unless his back is against the wall and circumstances are just out of his hands, he's not that lazy.

I personally don't mind that Forces is part of the continuity--I don't like it, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. I'd rather the comic scale back its scope and focus on characters and smaller stories for a while just to even out the pacing of the series when this is over.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

"And killed thousands of Mobians with the help of a psychopath" seems like a good extra to shift off.

He killed like 5 onscreen. Everyone else went the same place the citizens of station square went. 

1 minute ago, thumbs13 said:

He killed like 5 onscreen. Everyone else went the same place the citizens of station square went. 

The comics have already expanded on that though. Amy and Sonic have been through battlefields where Amy confirmed that they lost a lot of good people while Sonic was away. It heavily implies a significant death toll.

9 hours ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

Yeah Ian debunked that rumor weeks ago. It was apparantly made by someone who rags on IDW Sonic anyways.

Someone suggested I movie it here

Despite the pacing and how complicated it can get, I am liking the Transformers comic reboot so far. What do you think could happen in the Sonic IDW comics if the reboot took the prequel approach like the Transformers comics.

47 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Despite the pacing and how complicated it can get, I am liking the Transformers comic reboot so far. What do you think could happen in the Sonic IDW comics if the reboot took the prequel approach like the Transformers comics.

The new "Bold" continuity? I kinda hated it, but that's irrelevant. Sega wouldn't want to explore pre-Sonic1 days and frankly I don't see much stories to be told. For starters Transformers  franchise starts "in medias res" with Optimus already having all his allies and all his enemies.  So prequel how they first meet makes some sense (something that "Bold" TF failed to do). There is no incentive like that with Sonic, since all important meetings happen in first games. You could start from Sonic 1, but even without reading "Genesis" and "Genesis of the Hero" I knew it's bad idea.

Sonic Legacy, and Child of Green Hills fan comics. That's the closest you'll get.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

The new "Bold" continuity? I kinda hated it, but that's irrelevant. Sega wouldn't want to explore pre-Sonic1 days and frankly I don't see much stories to be told. For starters Transformers  franchise starts "in medias res" with Optimus already having all his allies and all his enemies.  So prequel how they first meet makes some sense (something that "Bold" TF failed to do). There is no incentive like that with Sonic, since all important meetings happen in first games. You could start from Sonic 1, but even without reading "Genesis" and "Genesis of the Hero" I knew it's bad idea.

Sonic Legacy, and Child of Green Hills fan comics. That's the closest you'll get.

What i was thinking was a prequel starring the human characters and Robotnik/Eggman is the main character showing how he became evil and how he could start as a scientist working with a team for gun but became evil, think of season 1 of agents of shield meets breaking bad