Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

7 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Can you please stop telling me how tired you are about my post having Amy in them.   

You literally make the same post about this subject almost every time. So yea, I'm going to call you out on it because its exhausting for people to read this without you even attempting to foster any meaningful discussion.

If you don't want to discuss anything, then simply don't post. We already know how you feel about Amy, we don't need to read about it every month.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

...I don't know? I guess we could just ask Ian I figure he would have gotten word on that. Or maybe it comes up?

It did get me to thinking though.

Spoiler

What if Eggman threw Metal at Zavok so that he could collect copy data for the Zeti's abilities. Then, a few issues down the road, whip out a Metal Sonic that can control the Zombots. Shoot, if you were to somehow hook up Metal to the Master Emerald, he could probably bend the knee of the entire planet horde is a single swoop.... and it would outsmart and humiliate Zavok - which would make it doubly sweet for Eggy.

That would be a sneaky smart way of turning an L into a W.

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Will Gemerl, Omega, & Metal Sonic get some kind of upgrade that protects them from the Zeti's control?

Also, could Gemerl copy Zeena's abilities to be able to temporarily control Zombots?

I honestly didn't consider that.

7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Hide contents

Has Gmerl ever shown the capability to ability copy? That was never his thing, even if he was rebuilt from Emerl.

Metal Sonic on the other hand.....

Mm...he did pull off a Spindash type move later in the game, so maybe.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

...I don't know? I guess we could just ask Ian I figure he would have gotten word on that. Or maybe it comes up?

There was a cover a little while ago, so...

9 hours ago, Zaysho said:
13 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Me posting here is my business and counting my days and time here is creeping me out.

People are pointing out a pattern of behavior you have in this thread making the same complaints about Amy's personality in the comics. People are just asking that you be a bit more constructive about it. I mean, even the Shadow people try.

I'll try but I have bad luck with people on the internet.

You don't need to write long posts, per say, but do challenge yourself to include sentences that support your stance. You'd naturally get closer to paragraph length and have a more convincing argument. Things like pointing out specific instances in the comic that support your stance, and include things like how you expect Amy to act. 

57 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Does metal have the copy ability outside neo form?

Yes--in Sonic Rivals, he could mimic the abilities of the other four and I assume the same went for the three additions in the sequel.

ERmAC4wW4AA3uQ1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Jonathan Grey revealed some info on his Cover for #27 on Twitter

As promised, here's the bald cover (Colors by Ziggyfin) + black/white lineart for IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog #27. In addition, I've updated my website's portfolio with previous cover art & updated my page's sidebar solicits for the Disney Masters

http://www.jongraywb.com/portfolio/gallery/

A few notes for our resident eagle eyes:

• Sadly, I wasn't allowed to use the iconic Dreamcast Swirl on the controllers (trademark issues) so instead, I used a colored sunburst. It's small enough that you'd never catch the detail otherwise. ;) 
  • Speaking of controllers, it was Ziggyfin's idea to color some of them transparent! I hadn't even thought of that!

• I had to look up a fishing controller for Big. I'm amazed it got through tbh, but anything less was unacceptable!

• The banner is a play on the old tagline from classic Archie Sonic.

• The leaderboard BG is the stage select screen from Sonic Adventure 2.

• The game being played is "Sonic Shuffle 2" (HA!)

• I layered the Flickies due to the logo (Sega doesnt like it blocked)

I hope you enjoyed this "trilogy" of collage covers for Sonic 24, 25, and now 27. As I'd noted before, 27 actually came first, but bounced around a bit before I'd finished it as the others took priority. I have a new idea for a non-story cover I think y'all will like! Heeheehee

For those who want to know what I'm working on next:

-- The Sonic 2020 Annual will have my next interior artwork. It's a 10 pager and that's all I'm gonna say about it. ;) 
-- I'm working on ideas for 2 new covers, 1 of which you'll probably see in a few months

I hope y'all have enjoyed what I've been doing. I told y'all before that I was really proud of these covers and I wasn't kidding. 

My 2020 Annual story is, IMHO, some of my best interior work. That's not a brag. I'm very happy with it and Ziggyfin has a lot to do with that.

I love being able to ink my own work, come up with my own layouts, and I work with a really good team of people on IDW Sonic who care about what they do and what they put out into the world. That can't be stated hard enough. I hope you check out all of their stuff as well!

So anyone curious what the next storyline after the zombots are done

but I bet the next one will be a smaller scale low key one but has Ian thought about what his next big storyline will be like and wondered if he could top the zombots storyline he had for over a year

Listened to the Bumblekast today and I'm glad the info about Shadow was posted in a very well written, paraphrased post. You can kind of hear the mild confusion in his voice as he tries to think over how he's going to properly approach this character going forward. I just hope things work out.

It's not IDW related but he did have another question about his regrets towards how World's Unite ended up. If he could do it again, he'd overall 90% of it, which is pretty much the entire thing.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

It's not IDW related but he did have another question about his regrets towards how World's Unite ended up. If he could do it again, he'd overall 90% of it, which is pretty much the entire thing.

Yeah, I think he said something along those lines before. Namely that the Freedom Fighters & Light Robot Masters probably should've have been as prevalent and that the Deadly Six should've been less fodder-y (especially considering their place was initially pitched with Lyric).

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I think he said something along those lines before. Namely that the Freedom Fighters & Light Robot Masters probably should've have been as prevalent and that the Deadly Six should've been less fodder-y (especially considering their place was initially pitched with Lyric).

Oh no, he definitely has. Specifically, he thinks the Freedom Fighters and the Maverick Hunters being there at all was a mistake. I know he included the Freedom Fighters because some were bummed they weren't in the last crossover but, you know, just the main four Sonic characters probably should have been it.

Back on IDW, though, I'm loving the covers that manage to portray something ominous with simple visuals. Even if it's got a humorous edge to it. Like that cover of Orbot holding Omega's head gives off more of a creepy vibe to me than a comedic one and I prefer that feeling be in the pit of my stomach really. That one cover where everything's a grayish brown except for the infected monkey in the yellow cloak still gives me that feeling whenever I look at it. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh no, he definitely has. Specifically, he thinks the Freedom Fighters and the Maverick Hunters being there at all was a mistake. I know he included the Freedom Fighters because some were bummed they weren't in the last crossover but, you know, just the main four Sonic characters probably should have been it.

Not having the Sega and Capcom expanded universe would be a better choice if you ask me.

Or making the entire arc longer than 12 issues across three different sub-series.

Just now, Fire-N-Space said:

I know their all going to lose in the end but I actually what to see Zeena win her fight.

Spoiler

Well, she's definitely likely to have a "casuality" as it were.

tbh the only way I could tolerate that second garbage crossover excluding the comics cast for a second time is if it was a separate book altogether set in another continuity that wasn't interrupting the narrative of the ongoing books. At least the first one made enough sense with how it shuffled everyone off while they were being remade, but "Worlds Unite" stripping that stuff out again would have been extra stupid when they had already reintroduced that stuff and gotten new readers from the first crossover.

e

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

31 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Not having the Sega and Capcom expanded universe would be a better choice if you ask me.

Or making the entire arc longer than 12 issues across three different sub-series.

At the very least, they could've scaled the Part 4 onward group down to Team Sonic, Team Rose, Silver, Gemerl, Megaman, Breakman, Sticks, and the Maverick Hunters since those are the only ones who were integral off the top of my head.

The Freedom Fighters and Light Robot Masters(were the ones from 3 there as well?) were at least good fodder for the Roboticized Masters, but that's about it.

And the guest characters could've either been those same characters coming back after catching their breathe or at least been limited to Alex Kidd, Skies of Arcadia/Golden Axe, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter.

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't think adding the other Sega and Capcom Characters was necessarily a bad thing. I wish it had been the second half of the story maybe have part 5 end with Sigma becoming his giant form and opening the Genesis Portals then have 6-8 be the gathering the team portion and move the fight with the Deadly Six and the Mavericks to the first few issues of the final act.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't think adding the other Sega and Capcom Characters was necessarily a bad thing. I wish it had been the second half of the story maybe have part 5 end with Sigma becoming his giant form and opening the Genesis Portals then have 6-8 be the gathering the team portion and move the fight with the Deadly Six and the Mavericks to the first few issues of the final act.

Huh. That might've worked a little better.

Alternatively you can just...not do the crossover at all which would've been best for every book since it adds nothing and comes smack dab in the middle of an ongoing story arc (whereas the last one slowly built up to it) but it is what it is 

5 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Alternatively you can just...not do the crossover at all which would've been best for every book since it adds nothing and comes smack dab in the middle of an ongoing story arc (whereas the last one slowly built up to it) but it is what it is 

I mean, we're talking about Ian's regrets regarding how he handled the story but it wasn't up to him to do it at all though. All he can do is look back on what he'd do different because, at the very least, that was in his hands.