Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

15 hours ago, Razule said:

I think that means that Amy is wondering if Zomom is literally going to eat them.

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

I think it'd be straightforward cannibalism if it turned out he pulled a Tamatoa.

That said, he was pretty open about swallowing Sonic despite the choking hazard and intending to eat Eggman like grape.

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

The dude eats people.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

The dude eats people.

Ipso fatso.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

Because she's on a diet and can't eat them herself. 

On 3/10/2020 at 10:11 PM, StaticMania said:

He hasn't done anything yet.

I’m talking overall, and Zomom still hasn’t done enough to compare.

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So, what do we think Sonic, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal, and Lanolin will be up to in these next two issues?

Eggman'll probably just be looking for some way to stab them in the back after Zavok loses. He can't really fight the d6 unless he pulls a Rise of Lyric, so he won't be as useful here as he could be otherwise. Same with Metal. 

No clue about Sonic or Knuckles or Lanolin, though.

ETAZJpNUUAEk8mX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sonic The Hedgehog #28 Cover B! Comes out Apr 08, 2020! Cover B is done by Bracardi Curry!

What's GO SEGA?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

ETAZJpNUUAEk8mX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

What's GO SEGA?

I think it's meant to be a 60 - this year is SEGA's 60th anniversary - specifically June 3rd.

• Thumbs Up 3

So if this is further indication,

• Issue 26 is the kickoff for most of the fights, with the Babylon Rogues vs Master Zik being the most emphasized
Spoiler
  • Issue 27 with be Tails&Amy vs Zomom and Cream&Gemerl vs Zeena
  • Issue 28 will be Espio(& Knuckles?) vs Zazz and Silver&Whisper vs Zor 
  • Issue 29 climaxes with Sonic&Metal vs Zavok

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

What's GO SEGA?

Sonic's 60th anniversary. It's amazing how quickly time flies by..

• Chuckle 1

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sonic's 60th anniversary. It's amazing how quickly time flies by..

The series was perfect until 1991.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 2

On 3/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The dude eats people.

He really is just G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Polkadi~☆ said:

He really is just Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

That's Gluttony dude.

And yeah, the Homunculi were better characters in part because they were written as individual characters. Of course, Fullmetal Alchemist is a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and end, so there's that as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, DabigRG said:

That's Gluttony dude.

oh goodness, that was a typo

a really bad typo

• Way Past Cool 1

1 minute ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

oh goodness, that was a typo

a really bad typo

Sure it was.

Greed would probably be Scourge,btw 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Sure it was.

Greed would probably be Scourge,btw 

Probably would be Scourge, yeah. No one in the Deadly Six themselves really matches Greed, though.

And I keep seeing Zeena as Lust, but Zeena has a looong way to go before she'd ever catch up to the likes of Lust's writing.

Honestly, it's a difference in how SEGA chooses to characterise the Deadly Six, and the fact that, yeah, the Homunculi were in a story with a beginning, middle and end, and got to develop accordingly over the course of it. For a long-running comic that doesn't have a beginning or an end, the Deadly Six don't have that freedom.

Probably would be Scourge, yeah. No one in the Deadly Six themselves really matches Greed, though.

Actually, yeah. Zazz is the closest to the swagger and he's honestly more Envy.

And I keep seeing Zeena as Lust, but Zeena has a looong way to go before she'd ever catch up to the likes of Lust's writing.

Er, in the anime's case, more than definitely.

Honestly, it's a difference in how SEGA chooses to characterise the Deadly Six, and the fact that, yeah, the Homunculi were in a story with a beginning, middle and end, and got to develop accordingly over the course of it. For a long-running comic that doesn't have a beginning or an end, the Deadly Six don't have that freedom.

There are indeed apparently some notes on how they should be characterized.

Like, they technically have room to grow, but it's fairly unlikely.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

He really is just G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

I gotta say, I don't see why anyone would ever think that. It's such a strangely defeatist viewpoint concerning characters that have almost a completely blank slate to their names. You could graft almost, literally anything onto them at this point, including the personalities of the homunculi from FMA, and it would only develop them beyond what they are rather than contradict anything. We haven't seen them written in much of anything and their personalities are so incredibly basic that expanding upon them would be like the equivalent to giving their characters an actual foundation. 

I like the Deadly Six for how they function as villains and how entertained I am by their base personalities, but besides that, we don't know a thing about them. We don't know anything about the Lost Hex. We don't know how the system of Master Zik appointing apprentice Zavok to leader works. We don't know what their team does or did that was baked in so much evil that granted them the motivation to even be villains. They COULD literally be the embodiment of six of the Seven Deadly Sins for all we know. There's nothing out there contradicting the idea that they aren't.

Saying that it's impossible for them to ever be written that good is, to me, like looking at a blank sheet of paper and saying it'll never have words written on it. The only way that's true is if you deliberately decide not to write on it. 

I understand that it's up to SEGA to push that envelope but that's still the result of a decision made by a company to not do something rather then this cosmic, magical rule that says, for some reason, it's impossible for them to be written as well as that. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I gotta say, I don't see why anyone would ever think that. It's such a strangely defeatist viewpoint concerning characters that have almost a completely blank slate to their names. You could graft almost, literally anything onto them at this point, including the personalities of the homunculi from FMA, and it would only develop them beyond what they are rather than contradict anything. We haven't seen them written in much of anything and their personalities are so incredibly basic that expanding upon them would be like the equivalent to giving their characters an actual foundation. 

I like the Deadly Six for how they function as villains and how entertained I am by their base personalities, but besides that, we don't know a thing about them. We don't know anything about the Lost Hex. We don't know how the system of Master Zik appointing apprentice Zavok to leader works. We don't know what their team does or did that was baked in so much evil that granted them the motivation to even be villains. They COULD literally be the embodiment of six of the Seven Deadly Sins for all we know. There's nothing out there contradicting the idea that they aren't.

Saying that it's impossible for them to ever be written that good is, to me, like looking at a blank sheet of paper and saying it'll never have words written on it. The only way that's true is if you deliberately decide not to write on it. 

I understand that it's up to SEGA to push that envelope but that's still the result of a decision made by a company to not do something rather then this cosmic, magical rule that says, for some reason, it's impossible for them to be written as well as that. 

There is plenty of hope for the Deadly Six to get fleshed out into more than just a stereotype. And don't get me wrong, I'm actively hoping for it. I just don't see SEGA allowing it.

But as a counterpoint to those feelings, the Deadly Six here have shown far more to their characters than in even the games. Perhaps they can be fleshed out into more than just one-note characters.

To summarise my feelings, the realist in me says it won't happen, but the optimist in me says there's no way it can't with what we've got. I'd love for the comics to turn my opinion of the Deadly Six around to me really liking them.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

I'd love for the comics to turn my opinion of the Deadly Six around to me really liking them.

You might wanna let it happen first, before making bean decisions hastily...

I know other comics with them exist, but this arc isn't even finished yet.

Otherwise, yes.

That's the thing: SEGA will allow Ian to write them well (they'd be dumb otherwise), like in this case where they fit the storyline by commanding Zombots, use them properly, and add little things like Zor rhyming and Zeena acting like a queen. 

If you want the Zeti lore (like I do)... then it's not gonna happen, it's just too much to ask for and you know Sega won't allow that.

I'm honestly kinda shocked how much people want the Deadly Six to never appear again. I mean whatever happened to "No bad ideas only bad execution?" Mind you I'm one of the handful of people who didn't think the Zeti had bad execution, I actually think for the most part while not deep they're pretty fun, but still.