Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

42 minutes ago, caitash said:

Preview pages for issue 27:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, that twinkly Tails face is something else XD

Zomom's face, wtf. Guess he's still going Boom Boom.

Shoutout to this comment, btw

@System9509: Amy's clearly never seen Big the Cat climb a ladder

They're kind of in an awkward position atm lol. Tails and Amy aren't strong enough to just take the Emerald by force, but Zomom is too stupid to actually focus on beating them.

If nothing else, this entire confrontation is amusing.

9 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

They're kind of in an awkward position atm lol. Tails and Amy aren't strong enough to just take the Emerald by force, but Zomom is too stupid to actually focus on beating them.

That's probably the point, tbh.

Zomom, more than any other Zeti, is bumbling and nonthreatening normally, so his huge size means this goes from a cakewalk to a picnic.

5 hours ago, Kuzu said:

It reminds me of the "shiny" joke that was pulled on Bean almost every time they fought him back in the Archie comics, and he would fall for it every time. 

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I'm not sure what Amy thinks the Chewing extra hard thing can be compared to, but it's a pretty bad thing regardless.

It's just gonna be endless.

I think that means that Amy is wondering if Zomom is literally going to eat them.

2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Amy's going to need a new hammer after this fight but I bet she can't poof one out of thin air like she did in Sonic X.

amy.jpg

Not gonna lie, I somehow missed this page.

4 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

It reminds me of the "shiny" joke that was pulled on Bean almost every time they fought him back in the Archie comics, and he would fall for it every time. 

God I miss Bean from Archie. As far as beware the silly ones goes, Zomom has nothing on Bean there.

15 hours ago, Razule said:

I think that means that Amy is wondering if Zomom is literally going to eat them.

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

I think it'd be straightforward cannibalism if it turned out he pulled a Tamatoa.

That said, he was pretty open about swallowing Sonic despite the choking hazard and intending to eat Eggman like grape.

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

The dude eats people.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

The dude eats people.

Ipso fatso.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

Because she's on a diet and can't eat them herself. 

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So, what do we think Sonic, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal, and Lanolin will be up to in these next two issues?

Eggman'll probably just be looking for some way to stab them in the back after Zavok loses. He can't really fight the d6 unless he pulls a Rise of Lyric, so he won't be as useful here as he could be otherwise. Same with Metal. 

No clue about Sonic or Knuckles or Lanolin, though.

So if this is further indication,

• Issue 26 is the kickoff for most of the fights, with the Babylon Rogues vs Master Zik being the most emphasized
Spoiler
  • Issue 27 with be Tails&Amy vs Zomom and Cream&Gemerl vs Zeena
  • Issue 28 will be Espio(& Knuckles?) vs Zazz and Silver&Whisper vs Zor 
  • Issue 29 climaxes with Sonic&Metal vs Zavok

On 3/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The dude eats people.

He really is just G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

Just now, Polkadi~☆ said:

He really is just Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

That's Gluttony dude.

And yeah, the Homunculi were better characters in part because they were written as individual characters. Of course, Fullmetal Alchemist is a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and end, so there's that as well.