Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I'm not sure what Amy thinks the Chewing extra hard thing can be compared to, but it's a pretty bad thing regardless.

It's just gonna be endless.

I think that means that Amy is wondering if Zomom is literally going to eat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Amy's going to need a new hammer after this fight but I bet she can't poof one out of thin air like she did in Sonic X.

amy.jpg

Not gonna lie, I somehow missed this page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

It reminds me of the "shiny" joke that was pulled on Bean almost every time they fought him back in the Archie comics, and he would fall for it every time. 

...

God I miss Bean from Archie. As far as beware the silly ones goes, Zomom has nothing on Bean there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Razule said:

I think that means that Amy is wondering if Zomom is literally going to eat them.

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I mean...I can't be the only one who got the impression Zomom is a literal cannibal right? I mean his whole thing is he's the fat guy who eats anything and other beings would count as anything.

I think it'd be straightforward cannibalism if it turned out he pulled a Tamatoa.

 

That said, he was pretty open about swallowing Sonic despite the choking hazard and intending to eat Eggman like grape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

The dude eats people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

 

The dude eats people.

Ipso fatso.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

 

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

 

Because she's on a diet and can't eat them herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So, what do we think Sonic, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal, and Lanolin will be up to in these next two issues?

Eggman'll probably just be looking for some way to stab them in the back after Zavok loses. He can't really fight the d6 unless he pulls a Rise of Lyric, so he won't be as useful here as he could be otherwise. Same with Metal. 

No clue about Sonic or Knuckles or Lanolin, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if this is further indication,

  • Issue 26 is the kickoff for most of the fights, with the Babylon Rogues vs Master Zik being the most emphasized
Spoiler
  • Issue 27 with be Tails&Amy vs Zomom and Cream&Gemerl vs Zeena
  • Issue 28 will be Espio(& Knuckles?) vs Zazz and Silver&Whisper vs Zor 
  • Issue 29 climaxes with Sonic&Metal vs Zavok

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Zomom has said a couple of times that he wants to/is willing to literally eat both Sonic and Eggman.

Specifically in one cutscene he said he was going to sqeeze Eggman until he pops. Then Master Zik said he was going to probably eat him afterward to which Zomom said, "Well, yeah" as if that was obvious.

In Zeena's level, she said she was going to turn Sonic into a snowcone and feed him to Zomom.

The dude eats people.

He really is just G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

 

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Polkadi~☆ said:

He really is just Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

 

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

That's Gluttony dude.

And yeah, the Homunculi were better characters in part because they were written as individual characters. Of course, Fullmetal Alchemist is a full narrative with a beginning, middle, and end, so there's that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Sure it was.

Greed would probably be Scourge,btw 

Probably would be Scourge, yeah. No one in the Deadly Six themselves really matches Greed, though.

And I keep seeing Zeena as Lust, but Zeena has a looong way to go before she'd ever catch up to the likes of Lust's writing.

 

Honestly, it's a difference in how SEGA chooses to characterise the Deadly Six, and the fact that, yeah, the Homunculi were in a story with a beginning, middle and end, and got to develop accordingly over the course of it. For a long-running comic that doesn't have a beginning or an end, the Deadly Six don't have that freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Probably would be Scourge, yeah. No one in the Deadly Six themselves really matches Greed, though.

Actually, yeah. Zazz is the closest to the swagger and he's honestly more Envy.

1 minute ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

And I keep seeing Zeena as Lust, but Zeena has a looong way to go before she'd ever catch up to the likes of Lust's writing.

Er, in the anime's case, more than definitely.

1 minute ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Honestly, it's a difference in how SEGA chooses to characterise the Deadly Six, and the fact that, yeah, the Homunculi were in a story with a beginning, middle and end, and got to develop accordingly over the course of it. For a long-running comic that doesn't have a beginning or an end, the Deadly Six don't have that freedom.

There are indeed apparently some notes on how they should be characterized.

Like, they technically have room to grow, but it's fairly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

He really is just G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Honestly, I'd like him that way, he'd be fun to watch and would be a terrifying threat.

 

...ah who am I kidding, the writing of the Homunculi are over a billion times better than the Deadly Six could ever be written, even with Flynn's best efforts. Still, there are cues to be taken in inspiration that would make the Zeti interesting.

I gotta say, I don't see why anyone would ever think that. It's such a strangely defeatist viewpoint concerning characters that have almost a completely blank slate to their names. You could graft almost, literally anything onto them at this point, including the personalities of the homunculi from FMA, and it would only develop them beyond what they are rather than contradict anything. We haven't seen them written in much of anything and their personalities are so incredibly basic that expanding upon them would be like the equivalent to giving their characters an actual foundation. 

I like the Deadly Six for how they function as villains and how entertained I am by their base personalities, but besides that, we don't know a thing about them. We don't know anything about the Lost Hex. We don't know how the system of Master Zik appointing apprentice Zavok to leader works. We don't know what their team does or did that was baked in so much evil that granted them the motivation to even be villains. They COULD literally be the embodiment of six of the Seven Deadly Sins for all we know. There's nothing out there contradicting the idea that they aren't.

Saying that it's impossible for them to ever be written that good is, to me, like looking at a blank sheet of paper and saying it'll never have words written on it. The only way that's true is if you deliberately decide not to write on it. 

I understand that it's up to SEGA to push that envelope but that's still the result of a decision made by a company to not do something rather then this cosmic, magical rule that says, for some reason, it's impossible for them to be written as well as that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.