Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 minute ago, Kuzu said:

Probably very little given all of the crazy shit Penders got away with.

Ian is referencing  this book. Hes stated that they have been hands off storyline wise but very hands on character wise in the past. Since this conversation is about tangle and whisper, it still rings true.

So I'm interested what they have done in fairly recent history. The only one I remember is the bug girl. But its retroactive, apparently someone at sega doesn't want bug character. Wasn't the one who approved her and they dont want any more bugs. This also lines up with apparently there just being animals sega doesn't want

1 hour ago, The Famous Sonic said:

So Issue 28 has been delayed. 

We've known this for a while; it's been delayed indefinitely 

3 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

100% agree, it's their pocket plot device, to create new interesting possibilities.

Anyway, about a certain potential ship:

Okay. But still, Evan Stanley is planning something... it's up to SEGA.

They decided Tangle's species, gave suggestions on the Variable Wispon(which apparently wasn't so customizable iirc) and Metal Virus, put together Whisper's design from several samples, and changed the species of one of the Diamond Cutters. They may also be why Rough n Tumble are full on rabid in appearance and Starline isn't a Frankenstein that has black eyes.

Is there a SEGA reason that it's the Warp Topaz in IDW, and not Warp Ring? 

Have Warp Rings appeared in IDW yet? I've read them all but I... can't recall

18 minutes ago, Moose the Cat said:

Is there a SEGA reason that it's the Warp Topaz in IDW, and not Warp Ring? 

Have Warp Rings appeared in IDW yet? I've read them all but I... can't recall

Warp Topaz is different, it can travel through time and space, and change reality.

6 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

100% agree, it's their pocket plot device, to create new interesting possibilities.

Anyway, about a certain potential ship:

Okay. But still, Evan Stanley is planning something... it's up to SEGA.

I still hope Evan has luck getting LGBT characters into the comic even if Sega is more hands on. 

Use the Warp Topaz to bring back SallyXNicole!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

Just caught up. The place I was buying comics from has shut for the time being, although I kindof wish they at least sent an e-mail to their subscribers explaining the situation. I wound up buying #26 on eBay, and bought #27 on Comixology, since I guess there is no physical release of #27? Or it is very limited? I actually thought #28 was out yesterday since Comixology still has it listed for April 22nd on Tuesday, they only updated it to June yesterday. Ah well.

Still, I'm enjoying this arc. I don't think 18 issues is that long to be honest, I think it is just the lack of a secondary series to accompany it. I am very happy that there is a new mini-series, which I assume would prove that the Tangle and Whisper mini-series did alright in sales? Especially if yet again it follows a comic OC. I feel like there is a bit of doom and gloom in this thread (in my opinion), but I dunno, things feel optimistic right now, besides the pandemic. One series, an annual, and a mini-series each year at the moment is pretty good, written and drawn by a bunch of creators who seem fairly passionate about Sonic. I'm happy to wait until things get better, and am excited at Evan Stanley's bigger contributions, presumably with her on the path to eventually taking over fully from Ian Flynn eventually.

Mind you, I got to say, I love the fact that Flynn packs no punches with this arc. I know that in the end, I'm sure everyone will be alright, but good lord, Cream getting infected? Christ man, noone is untouchable it seems. Will be nice to have that cosy 2 parter from the info we've gotten, it sounds like fun, and it does feel like a neccesity after how heavy some of this has been.

I agree, there is a lot of high dissecting the comic in this thread, eh, it's alright, but otherwise the comic is doing pretty well, both in sales and in reception, it's popular in general. Of course with all popular things, there are some people who despise it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

I've now read all the issues up to the current one including the Tangle and Whisper mini series  and I'm enjoying it. The metal virus saga has dragged out a bit too long though and I can't wait for it to end. 

I use another site to read the IDW Comics. Safe to say I enjoy what Flynn writes regarding the current arc.

3 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

I agree, there is a lot of high dissecting the comic in this thread, eh, it's alright, but otherwise the comic is doing pretty well, both in sales and in reception, it's popular in general. Of course with all popular things, there are some people who despise it.

What are you talking about?

35 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Meanwhile...at IDW...

EWPWXzbUEAIO15y?format=jpg&name=900x900

Dang, these preview pages keep getting weirder and weirder. 

If pre-reboot Archie wasn't interrupted I could have seen that coming up in a Moebius story.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Evan Stanley also created a new flavor of Cream & Cheese

EVIU_oqUMAEKiTb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hm, more like Creme and Cafe.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

If pre-reboot Archie wasn't interrupted I could have seen that coming up in a Moebius story.

Yeah, probably.

Although there actually was a snooty Cream complete with a dog purse in the Championship arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

New bumblekast.

Infinite's backstory wasn't deeper meant to be more. He legit just wanted to see the world burn. It is not more complicated than that. Ian flynn was provided with the reference material. Guess that explains why he seemingly didn't give a shit about his friends being dead.

• Absolutely 2