Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Rouge as a character has become one who is more reactionary than one who gets to give her take.  Even under Ian's pen she's kinda there to react instead of focus on her.  And this is a prime opportunity narrative wise to give her some space to air how she feels and to get to do stuff. And I'm afraid she might not get that.

That's the temp

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

I don't care if she does a cool thing that matters, I care more about how her character is used. I don't think there's really enough room in the current story arc for Rouge to get all that much focus, so I'm not really expecting much here. The story arc with her, Shadow, and Cream seems like the perfect opportunity for that tho. 

There’s also a chance that one of the stories of this year’s annual will focus on how she made it to Eggman’s faceship; giving her an opportunity to be the main focus for once. Whereas last year’s did had a story featuring her but the majority of it came off from Rough and Tumble’s point of view instead.

54 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I mean the book has focused on secondary characters before, you can just give her some more focus. And what she can do , I can't say specifically because I ain't writing it. But I got two hopes

1) Active Role, she does a thing that's cool and matters and shows you why she is infact cool and matters. I dunno zavok thinks she got her, but she in fact got him.

I'd expect some bit of switcheroo as well, assuming we have time.

2) Give her thoughts. Given her role in a lot of this, she has to have thoughts right? Give him, her best friend/maybe boyfirned is a zombie and she may feel partially at fault. Also outside of all that... .

That third sentence structure...

We might get some introspection as Zavok is officially hunting for her. Might not be much, but hey.

I kind of want to her  and more characters thoughts on the zeti in general. The zeti are weird, they just kind of exist.  And even dealing with them, you don't really get all of the casts thoughts on them. If they are gonna show up on the reg, I would like takes.

So yeah, do a cool thing and have thoughts deeper than a puddle about the situation. These seem like simple asks, but uh sometimes the book don't work out the way I want it to

Using this to answer the last part of the next question.

Thus far, it's just been  things like Starline researching them, Espio mentioning them as formidable, Sonic & Tails having to explain what each of them is like, and then Amy being weirded out by Zomom. Also, Cream's fight with Zeena is two way.

Back on that zeti point, does anyone actually say anything to zavok in TSR or about Zavok in forces? Even in this book, they are kinda delt with , gemeril kind is the one that does the most in reaction to them really. Its kind of like the cast themselves don't care to deal with them. Its weird.

In the story mode, Knuckles gets alarmed about Zavok getting involved alongside Dodon Pa ramping things up and suggest they figure out what's going on asap, while Sonic is merely annoyed and completely disregards him as much to worry about to reassure the others. Cubot also makes a remark about him joining the losing team while leaving the mic on.

In gameplay, most characters find his brutal nature obnoxious, with Omochao being surprised he's got Wisps helping him too. He himself seems to have a special spite towards Knuckles and Shadow, as well as taking issue with Rouge's faux flirtiness. Though he seems to like Amy, oddly enough.

15 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

There’s also a chance that one of the stories of this year’s annual will on how she made it to the Eggman’s faceship, giving her an opportunity to be the main focus for once. Whereas last year’s did had a story featuring her but the majority of it came off from Rough and Tumble’s point of view instead.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the annual. Did she have a story listed in the solicit?

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

I 'll have to look back through tsr, i swear he talks to eggman like twice then vanishes, but i'm wrong i guess

He pops in four or five times with Eggman, but then is just sort of the background. He isn't even directly brought up to race the heroes in a cutscenes. But yeah,he literally vanishes in the ending.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the annual. Did she have a story listed in the solicit?

I can't find anything regarding who be the focus. But given the solicits states that the six stories included would be based on the ongoing Metal Virus, it's just speculation on my part. It also wouldn't surprise if the other stories were about Tangle's encounter with the infected Jewel and the revelation of how Big the Cat got hit with the virus. 

7 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

I can't find anything regarding who be the focus. But given the solicits states that the six stories included would be based on the ongoing Metal Virus, it's just speculation on my part. It also wouldn't surprise if the other stories were about Tangle's encounter with the infected Jewel and the revelation of how Big the Cat got hit with the virus. 

We at least know Big is supposed to be in there, so you are correct. Plus, I don't know who else they could focus on now that the Bad Guys Miniseries is greenlit.

19 minutes ago, The Famous Sonic said:

It's going to be a very long time before we see the end of the Metal virus saga! This Coronavirus could be around until 2021!

I feel like if the corona virus situation is that intrusive where it takes a year plus to finish this storyline. The story might just be dropped

6 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

You mean even though issues are ready, written, drawn, almost finished. Nah. Besides the actual virus ends in 2 issues.

Yes. If the situation gets severe enough where they cant release the end stuff for like a year and some change. I can totally see them dropping it. There are entire video games made and then unreleased because companies arent confident in them.

To compare this to another type of situation. There have been video games, books and television shows that have been canceled because the subject matter was to close to traumatic subject matter relevant to the public conciousness in certain areas of the world. A global pandemic is effecting everyone and can see people in charge just kind of going "shut it down" not wanting their brand associated with that during a time of panic and uncertainty.

So yeah theres a chance they just drop it

Be mindful I'm describing an extreme scenario where it takes a very long time to release. Or something horrifying-er happens because of the virus. Otherwise these should come out. But outright cancellation of finished or near finished products is not unfounded and frankly commonplace

I still doubt it, because it ends in 2 issues. I don't see the point of retconning over 20 issues of main storyline if it's almost over. Unless they retcon the entire existance of the Metal Virus saga, cancel it from the IDW timeline, remove their entire voumes and issues so people can't buy them, forget they exist, and lose a lot of money anyway.

They are still gonna lose money though, that's for sure. I'm not sure. That would mean the end of IDW comics... so it would end with Shadow and a bunch of characters dying... yeah, it'd be the darkest timeline, we are living it already.

Why is coronoavirus halting the comic's production? Each function is done individually and remote — writing, art, color, lettering. You'd think comics would be pretty immune to shutdowns. 

Like, I can see why shipping the physical books would not be possible with the shutdowns, but couldn't they simply publish digital exclusives until physical production is possible again?

13 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

I still doubt it, because it ends in 2 issues. I don't see the point of retconning over 20 issues of main storyline if it's almost over. Unless they retcon the entire existance of the Metal Virus saga, cancel it from the IDW timeline, remove their entire voumes and issues so people can't buy them, forget they exist, and lose a lot of money anyway.

They are still gonna lose money though, that's for sure. I'm not sure. That would mean the end of IDW comics... so it would end with Shadow and a bunch of characters dying... yeah, it'd be the darkest timeline, we are living it already.

You would be suprised the amount of work put into projects canceled unfinished for  prettier reasons. My favorite being "new executive didn't make thing,  cancel everything for my vision". A global pandemic inhibiting work flow where it takes a very long time to get two issues to finish a story about a global pandemic. Seems pretty reasonable. Especially at the end, you could even just do a quick "everything got better" and just move on.

Again extreme ass scenario. It's just not unfounded.

8 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Don't know if this is official so I'll keep it under spoilers for now, but...

Reveal hidden contents

A really sweet A cover for a change!

What exactly are we looking at?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

What exactly are we looking at?

Spoiler

Supposedly Cover A for issue 30. Wasn't sure if it was legit or not, hence the spoiler. But it's just an embedded tweet. May not have loaded for you though, I have that problem all the time. So here's a straight link - https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1252815972529930243

2 hours ago, Moose the Cat said:

Why is coronoavirus halting the comic's production? Each function is done individually and remote — writing, art, color, lettering. You'd think comics would be pretty immune to shutdowns. 

Like, I can see why shipping the physical books would not be possible with the shutdowns, but couldn't they simply publish digital exclusives until physical production is possible again?

Because Digital Sales aren't the same as physical sales. Unfortunately physical sales count more to a books success and if a book can't be shipped and comic shops aren't open because they're a non-essential business than they won't see any profit.

Granted that's just my understanding I could be way off. I know DC is planning to work with a different distributer than Diamond (Who have kind of a stranglehold on the comics market) so who know? 

2 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:
  Hide contents

Supposedly Cover A for issue 30. Wasn't sure if it was legit or not, hence the spoiler. But it's just an embedded tweet. May not have loaded for you though, I have that problem all the time. So here's a straight link - https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1252815972529930243

Oh, I can see. I just not exactly sure what is happening there.

33 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

That's a pretty cool cov-WAIT A FUCKING SECOND THAT POSE.

MV5BNTA2YTIzZmUtMDk3My00YmE4LTg3MzctNDVi

Oh, of course.

Well then I hope that scenario doesn't happen, this saga is awesome, I want to see the conclusion, it would just be a fuck you for so many fans who loved it, besides IDW losing the comic and money, if anything it could get more relevant due to the real life virus... but no, although I want to see how it ends, I want to move on from the arc soon too.

52 minutes ago, Iko said:

Japanese Kirby fans know that feel:

Hide contents

ClmMvfnVYAAZoWU.jpg.fd950dd44b8b7dbea836931261a88861.jpgClmWvkaXIAEhs9z.jpg.d8957e52a9a3cfa3c5a9e3ae8a092a8e.jpg

That' smessed up because his copy ability was really good for the guantlet mode they had in that game. You get a shield that blocks everything and reflects stuff.