Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Guess this aint happening, lol

are_you_unicorn_by_dariattic_d67nhkn-150.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MDAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC83NGJkNWEwYi0yZjRmLTQwM2QtYmY3My1iNTgzYmQzM2ZjZTFcL2Q2N25oa24tMjE4YzlkOTgtYmRiZi00YzUyLWFhMTAtNzhkZmI2MDM2NGZmLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD04MDAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.lSU6igUl8B4S9GoAX63BBOZ5zv9Il3YjDSCk-KqbQzU

Still on the Villains Miniseries here, I'm wondering what's gonna be happening with the other Zeti if Zavok is a part of Starline's team.

I really like that idea, especially since we got a taste of them fighting the heroes other than Sonic in this arc and it was pretty neat. I could see Zavok's leadership being questioned depending on what happens next...or the plan not working out period, really.

Besides, it will be interesting to see Zavok being part of a different team, one where he isn't a leader. Because I assume Dr. Starline is leading the villains in the mini, he's supposed to be the protagonist. This is why I love villain team ups, they clash and their banter can be very entertaining.

I wonder if Ian would do that to bring Zavok sorta in line with his portrayal in Team Sonic Racing - where he's willingly working with Eggman and the rest of the Deadly Six aren't mentioned. It's not really clear at this time how much Sega intends to use the other five, so I imagine it'd be a sort of opportunity to feel his way around how Sega wants him to portray them - especially given Zavok appears to be sticking around as part of the principal tertiary cast of the games.

18 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Scattered to the winds, sick of zavok's leadership the bounce

Now they are effectively roaming boss fights for other characters

14 hours ago, Celestia said:

I really like that idea, especially since we got a taste of them fighting the heroes other than Sonic in this arc and it was pretty neat. I could see Zavok's leadership being questioned depending on what happens next...or the plan not working out period, really.

Yeah, I could see that. Particularly them turning up on their own terms.

Thing is, I have to wonder what he's in on it for--Rough & Tumble are hotshot ruffians who are simpleminded and Mimic is a literal cut throat out to save his own chromatophores; Zavok at least carries himself as more enlighted than them, so Starline must have a different proposition for him.

13 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

Besides, it will be interesting to see Zavok being part of a different team, one where he isn't a leader. Because I assume Dr. Starline is leading the villains in the mini, he's supposed to be the protagonist. This is why I love villain team ups, they clash and their banter can be very entertaining.

Oh yeah, something the comics have generally stood out for and something I wish the games could go in harder on. Forces in particular had this opportunity right there had it been the actual recurring villains alongside Infinite.

4 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

I wonder if Ian would do that to bring Zavok sorta in line with his portrayal in Team Sonic Racing - where he's willingly working with Eggman and the rest of the Deadly Six aren't mentioned. It's not really clear at this time how much Sega intends to use the other five, so I imagine it'd be a sort of opportunity to feel his way around how Sega wants him to portray them - especially given Zavok appears to be sticking around as part of the principal tertiary cast of the games.

Which the manual further implies to be a weird compromise. I am still curious as to who was behind the final story and whether another hand may have been involved.

Weirder thing is, SEGA said nothing about that when they were giving him guidelines on how they could be portrayed.

But yes, feeling around is good. Especially when most of them are kinda indefinite to begin with.

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I could see that. Particularly them turning up on their own terms.

Thing is, I have to wonder what he's in on it for--Rough & Tumble are hotshot ruffians who are simpleminded and Mimic is a literal cut throat out to save his own chromatophores; Zavok at least carries himself as more enlighted than them, so Starline must have a different proposition for him.

They are beebop and rocksteady , they will bumble, rumble and tumble and do their thing.

I feel like the no guidelines from SEGA is because they just don't care about status details, lore, continuity, so we have no idea on whether the Deadly Six are still a thing in the games, they are currently in the comics, and since they reflect the games (but not entirely) I assume they are still a team officially... in the comics however that may change after this arc.

I'm not sure what will happen to the rest of the Zeti, but giving Zavok a bit of time with other characters is interesting... we shall see.

Rough and Tumble will be the most pompous, naive and arrogant, I assume, Mimic will try to gain something and kill the rest of the squad, probably, and Starline will overthink the plan and will not be able to keep the villains together. But who knows how it will play out.

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

They are beebop and rocksteady , they will bumble, rumble and tumble and do their thing.

you-better-believe-it.jpg 

5 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

I feel like the no guidelines from SEGA is because they just don't care about status details, lore, continuity, so we have no idea on whether the Deadly Six are still a thing in the games, they are currently in the comics, and since they reflect the games (but not entirely) I assume they are still a team officially... in the comics however that may change after this arc.

It's not that there no guidelines-there were quite a few in preparation for their place in this arc, comparable to Knuckles and even Cream iirc. It's that the angle of Zavok no longer being their leader didn't come up at all.

That these comics are apparently not made quite as far ahead as Archie could complicate things, depending on the solicit post in comparison to TSR's release date.

I'm not sure what will happen to the rest of the Zeti, but giving Zavok a bit of time with other characters is interesting... we shall see.

Rough and Tumble will be the most pompous, naive and arrogant, I assume, Mimic will try to gain something and kill the rest of the squad, probably, and Starline will overthink the plan and will not be able to keep the villains together. But who knows how it will play out.

That's villains for ya: usually out for themselves, not so good in working amongst each other.

Hi all, Hope everyone is doing ok.

Just found out that Forbidden Planet was victim to a cyber attack

I get my Sonic Comics from there as I know a few folks do from the UK, I just wanted to give people a heads up on this.

Here's their statement: 

We're really sorry to all our customers for the lack of communication. We've been working round the clock to get back online and we're now in a position to provide an update.

Late last month we were hit with a cyber attack which knocked our systems offline. We immediately engaged with a leading cyber security company to carry out a thorough investigation and ascertained quickly that the risk to our customers is minimal. We also notified the Information Commissioner's Office as per UK legislation.

We do not hold any customer bank details, credit or debit card information on our systems. There is no indication that any of your contact details or passwords have been compromised. However, once we're back online, we'll be asking you all to change your passwords as a precaution.

We're aiming to be fully back online this week as well as have our retail stores open on 15 June. More details on our plans to keep shop staff and customers safe will follow soon.

Thank you for your patience. Our customer service team are working through any queries sent to info@forbiddenplanet.com- please bear with them during this time.

Some Bumblekast intel from Grandpa Simps--I mean, Mr. Flynn!

• Tribot like most characters are a matter of SEGA being asked and saying yes.
  • The multiverse of the reboot(yes, another one) was mainly things that were separate from Sonic's immediate universe, including Blaze, Megaman, other franchises.
  • The Council of Acorn siding with Naugus was a combination of his emotional manipulation of them as well as their shared fears of recent events necessitating that something be done and one story on the way to 300 was them having to tell Naugus no on a couple of things that he wanted to do for personal reasons. They had inner workings and motivations that were hinted at, but simply couldn't be overtly gone into since they were a political side thing in a Sonic book; they weren't bad guys just because they didn't side with the heroes and were largely formed because Max wasn't a very good king in the longrun, but they had their worse aspects as well as relative notice that caused them to make questionably. 
    • Uncle Chuck was the best statesman due to having the most experience, but most inclined to just trust the Freedom Fighters, even though things are far more complex than their other days. 
    • Hamlin was still bitter about the Substitute Legion fading into disuse and so his rise to power was to regain some authority to make sure things were followed according the rules.
    • Dylan wasn't a good statesmen due to Hamlin's pressuring and in kind tried to encourage him to consider other ways of approaching things.
    • Penelope was a middle of the road, pragmatic swingvote because she didn't have much to her character.
    • Rosemary was anti-monarchy to the point of Elias's presence being a concession she had to deal with and as such, would be undermining Naugus as well. He's aware that people didn't really like how she and Amadeus' turned out, so he hoped getting to see her take something of a stand for her own scruples would've put her in a more favorable light.
    • Rotor was blatantly biased in the Freedom Fighters favor for obvious reasons, despite there being times when thinking more impersonally would be necessary.
    • He honestly doesn't clearly recall putting Isabella on and as such didn't dwell.
    • Naugus was obviously the villain and so the grayer aspects of the other characters would've been showcased had things not gotten so complicated.
  •  The Phantom Ruby create hypothetical create other Phantom Rubies due to creating things that are very close to the original despite that not making a whole lot of sense in some instances.(Eggman apparently used the real one to help conjure Infinite's sun without killing the Resistance and himself the instant he did so, Classic oneshots Chaos Zero) He also obviously feels the Prototypes were very badly explained.
  • Marine's intended involvement is something of a spoiler, but the reason given by SonicTeam was a kinda silly way of saying she's benched for now rather than barred from use. Her resemblance to Sticks probably had nothing to do with it.
  • GUN haven't gotten involved with the Zombot Apocalypse due to being in the human world.
  • The Underground epilogue was to be all him after taking notes from all 40 episodes of it in order to make a satisfying conclusion for those who wanted it. He realizes that those fans would probably want more than a single issue, but that's all he was originally given. Those notes will be in Lost Hedgehog Tales.
  • Miles Prower is indeed a pun on Miles Per Hour; don't be surprised that you're the only one who doesn't get 1990s humor because you're not.
39 minutes ago, Superstar Introvert CC14 said:

Been a long time coming, but #28 preview pages have arrived!

Like the contrast made between Zor and Silver.

Almost didn't see this.

Spoiler

I was gonna ask what the Wisps are holding, but that got answered before i knew it.

Idk why, but I kinda laughed when Zor said he spends a lot of time online. Weird look for his clones, but whatever. 

Funny how Whisper is known as a Guardian Angel when she's a sniper. Looks like they get the Emerald pretty quick, though.

1 hour ago, Moose the Cat said:

Possibly stupid question... with Ian's new job is he done with Sonic on IDW for the foreseeable future aside from small projects? Or this won't affect his Sonic writing? 

Probably not, he does a lot of writing, and the books are done months before they release.

11 hours ago, Moose the Cat said:

Possibly stupid question... with Ian's new job is he done with Sonic on IDW for the foreseeable future aside from small projects? Or this won't affect his Sonic writing? 

No. He's said several times that he isn't leaving Sonic and he and Evan are collaborating on the next arc.

19 hours ago, SBR2 said:

No. He's said several times that he isn't leaving Sonic and he and Evan are collaborating on the next arc.

Thank you. I thought that was the case but couldn't find any definitive answer; figured if it hadn't been said that he wasn't leaving. But also wasn't sure if he had been implying he was beginning to transition off of the book. 

2 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

I have my theory about Ian's knowing smile that I already said and don't want to repeat. It hasn't changed so far... we may see at SDCC online in July?

I'm very interested in what that Knowing Smile is about. It could be comic related it could be game related (if Sega does the Sonic birthday party thing again this year) it could not be Sonic related at all. I'm very interested in seeing what it is because the fact he put a picture instead of just the hashtag makes me think it's gonna be big.

Killing characters off via shock value is all this really has...characters being paranoid/cautious 100% through the story and actually making it out wouldn't be good writing. Also no matter how good the timing is for the character to die, it'll never not be done "unexpectedly"...

Though Zombies being a background element that doesn't really mess with the foreground focus would make for the funnies.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, DabigRG said:
  • Marine's intended involvement is something of a spoiler, but the reason given by SonicTeam was a kinda silly way of saying she's benched for now rather than barred from use. Her resemblance to Sticks probably had nothing to do with it.

Where did you get the information from? I need a source.

1 hour ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Looks like it's from Bumblekast #115, starting at 1:27:48.

2 hours ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Bumblekast's Animal Crossing Episode. 

The Evan Stanley episode is up next for me, if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Looks like it's from Bumblekast #115, starting at 1:27:48.

Raising an eyebrow at the person who asked the question saying Marine's been ignored since Sticks showed up.. she's been nonexistence since after her debut game.

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Raising an eyebrow at the person who asked the question saying Marine's been ignored since Sticks showed up.. she's been nonexistence since after her debut game.

I'd almost assume they're including the comics as well, in which case they aren't aware of the Bunnie Universe Issue.