Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 hours ago, Razule said:

Adoptive family, step is always the family you gain through your parents marrying someone 

Yes, that's what I meant, Adoptive Family.

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Everything having to do with scourge ever, especially when he was pretending to be sonic, everything with Fiona

Those are special cases.

4 minutes ago, hedgie said:

Since IDW loves crossovers, what crossovers do you think Sonic should do?

A lot of people say Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and yes, My Little Pony, but what about Cartoon Network shows? My main choice is Samurai Jack.

IDW Mega Man

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, hedgie said:

A lot of people say Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and yes, My Little Pony, but what about Cartoon Network shows? My main choice is Samurai Jack.

The only one I would think could be interesting is TMNT. Just have Robotnik merge the Technodrome with the Death Egg and make badniks of the Turtles.

If I saw a MLP and Sonic crossover I think I might vomit until I die.

No MLP crossover please, I'm begging IDW to NOT make a damn Sonic/MLP crossover, no offense to MLP fans obviously but it's really not a good idea imo.

TMNT also seems kind of obvious too, although that has much more to work with than MLP.

I'm bound to go to black sheep territory for this opinion but I actually would be really really interested in a Sonic/ Cartoon Network crossover.

CN_SSCW02-cvr.jpg

I swear I'm not joking, I would legit love seeing the Sonic cast interacting with classic characters such as EEnE, original PPG, Samurai Jack etc.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

There's Sonic-like anthromorphic animals in the MLP world.. and on screen stories of magical teleportation to alternate dimensions.. o.O: I think a crossover is probably inevitable, they share a lot of the same fans..

I think the fans of both series HATE each other, and the other series, so definitely no, but I don't expect IDW to know that, anyway, nobody would buy a crossover. Even though nobody realizes that, Sonic and MLP share a lot of things in common, similar worlds and characters.

Sonic gets a lot of blind hate in general and MLP gets a lot of blind hate in general.. but it's very common for me to see people who enjoy MLP also enjoy Sonic.. (Just not always vice versa)

1 hour ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I think the fans of both series HATE each other, and the other series, so definitely no, but I don't expect IDW to know that, anyway, nobody would buy a crossover. Even though nobody realizes that, Sonic and MLP share a lot of things in common, similar worlds and characters.

a bunch of kids would buy it problably

who is the main demo for both things

Honestly I just want TMNT/Sonic. the IDW Turtles have already established that their Multiverse contains the Ghostbusters so why not also have Sonic? It could be fun to see the Turtles on Sonic's world and vice versa maybe have the Turtles consider staying since like Usagi's world it's a place they don't have to hide.

Speaking of Usagi maybe like how close Leo is with Usagi Mikey could bond with Sonic. I could totally see them as best buds.

I could also see a crossover with The Flash. Sonic comes to the DCU and discovers it houses the "So Called" fastest Man alive so he challenges Barry to a race but Eggman and The Rogues attack during it so the race has to be postponed. Like BatmanTMNT I doubt it'd be Canon persay but it'd be a blast to read.

Granted I doubt we'll see any kind of crossover for awhile. They need to set up their own continuity first.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I'll still be forever sad that Sonic missed out on potentially having a Doctor Who crossover by about 4 years.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Hm... Mikey and Sonic, Donnie and Tails, Knuckles and Raph... 

...Leo and Shadow?

Leo and...Um...Damn I can't think of a Leonardo counterpart in Sonic at all. Maybe Espio? They're both pretty serious about Ninjitsu.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, Razule said:

What are you guys' thoughts on giving the SEGA characrers parents?

Didn't bug me with Archie and the idea doesn't bug me now.

12 hours ago, hedgie said:

I'd be ok with anything with IDW. Yeah even MLP. If it happens no one demands you buy the comic if you don't like the idea of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh. I'm not too keen on seeing Sonic in a crossover again any time soon, though from what I've seen of IDW crossover events are typically separate books and don't always feed into the on-going continuity. They might use certain events as a springboard (I haven't read them, but I think that's what the Ghostbusters crossover did), but you can easily ignore them.

As big of a fan as I am of IDW's TMNT, it seems like such a weird thing to crossover with Sonic, too. The book's tone and direction doesn't seem like an immediate fit with Sonic and vice-versa. Maybe if it was based in the Nick TMNT, but... well, I'd be far less inclined to buy it. That's not to say it can't work--IDW TMNT has had wackier stuff happen like the Bebop and Rocksteady mini-series--but I'm admittedly over crossovers in general and I can do without another one involving Sonic for another decade or so.

Though I would be amused at the prospect of Old Hob trying to get Sonic and crew to join the Mutanimals.

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

but I'm admittedly over crossovers in general and I can do without another one involving Sonic for another decade or so.

Given how WU turned out, they should not so a crossover immediately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Blurr.

Knuckles and Ironhide.

Amy and Arcee.

Thinking Tails and Wheeljack.

Eggman bargaining with Unicron -- or any Decepticon, really -- sounds like just the kind of getting-in-over-his-head thing he'd do.

With the war over and things as they are, it's hard to think of a good Decepticon to pair Eggman with, though. Megatron's an Autobot now (among other problems with putting the two together), and Starscream's running things, so I don't know if he'd be into that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I could see a surprisingly decent Transformers crossover event. Sonic and friends battling giant alien robots from space was pretty good in the Metarex arc from Sonic X.

I'm not a big fan of Transformers but it would be a natural fit and could even be canon within the Sonic continuity. I would love to see what Eggman could cook up with the Decepticons.

Personally, I would love to see a crossover between Sonic and TMNT, but I agree the tone and setting of TMNT would make it a little difficult to pull off. I wouldn't want to see Sonic in TMNT's version of Manhattan. Then again, the Turtles do have a penchant for dimension hopping. I wouldn't mind seeing them pop over to Mobius or whatever  the IDW comics will call "Sonic's world." (Please don't let everyone call it 'Sonic's world')

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I don't want any crossover bullshit in this comic. The Mega Man crossovers were bad enough, but something like these would be even worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Jack V said:

I don't want any crossover bullshit in this comic. The Mega Man crossovers were bad enough, but something like these would be even worse.

It's most likely going to happen eventually.

• Thumbs Up 3

It'll probably be in a separate book anyway, solving my only real issue with the Mega Man crossovers (as well as similar events from other companies). As long as it doesn't interrupt the main book, I'm good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Sgt Jack V said:

I'm sorry if you didn't like the megaman one

But there's nothing inherently wrong with the concept and odds are its going to happen because people like that and it makes money. I'm not saying its set in stone, but you might want eventually content yourself with the idea

On 10/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Hm... Mikey and Sonic, Donnie and Tails, Knuckles and Raph... 

...Leo and Shadow?

As much as I like shadow, not everyone has to be in the crossoevers. Maybe its just a Sonic knuckles amy and tails scenario, for each turtle and just leave it there. 

Shadow can be in other crossovers though