Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Was that Rika from Tamers?

I don't know. She's Radical Edward from Bebop though.

1 hour ago, therealfalconpawnch777 said:

I don't know. She's Radical Edward from Bebop though.

That's her then, iirc.

2 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Shadow said...

136axb.jpg

I just ugly laughed

" Didn't you literally rip him apart? However you feel about what caused this don't you feel some responsibility to rebuild your team mate?"

"Nah that ain't me"

"But... he's literally just a head!"

"Chase a bag. Don't worry about me" Teleports away

• Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Who do you think would be the perfect voice actor for Tangle & Whisper?

I usually hear Jessica DiCicco (Olette in Kingdom Hearts II and Flame Princess in Adventure Time to name a couple roles) in my head when I read Tangle. Still undecided on Whisper, though. (Haven't gotten to the mini or Metal Virus saga yet, so haven't gotten a ton of dialogue from her to imagine much of a voice.)

Seeing as Cindy Robinson played pretty much every other female character in Sonic Boom, they'd probably give her both roles.

Saying that, Claudia Black (Uncharted, Farscape) would make a good Whisper.

I've always thought of Tangle as having a "Southern-gal" accent and whisper obviously softly spoken similar maybe to Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid.

Sniper Wolf was more sultry, so probably not the best example for Whisper despite the blatant Sniper Wolf parallel she is. :lol: 

Welp, goodbye IDW Shadow doing anything fun in this book.

• Chuckle 1

28 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Its not out of character, but I was certainly hoping he got into some shenanigans.

if I had to guess though, the "mystery" is just the bad guys working together. 

7 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Its not out of character, but I was certainly hoping he got into some shenanigans.

if I had to guess though, the "mystery" is just the bad guys working together. 

Yeah, I imagine it'll tie into the mini Ian's working on. I was just looking forward to him doing something besides scowl and fold his arms and the Chao race sounded like it could have been a fun break since he's competitive and petty most of the time in other continuities.

I guess for what it's worth this sounds like he's doing something active for a change because he really hasn't done anything interesting since his introduction in this book.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

Yeah, I imagine it'll tie into the mini Ian's working on. I was just looking forward to him doing something besides scowl and fold his arms and the Chao race sounded like it could have been a fun break since he's competitive and petty most of the time in other continuities.

I guess for what it's worth this sounds like he's doing something active for a change because he really hasn't done anything interesting since his introduction in this book.

I thought he was fine in his debut story, but yea, he's just been mostly kind of there for the most part. 

I didn't think shadow was gonna get too much into shenanigans at all if he were there I figured his part of the narrative would be focused around some form of reconciliation between him and rouge even if they can't exactly be a team.

So this is extra curveball for me. So I'm very curious where that goes at least to see if shadow bothers to hold a conversation with rouge and omega or are they fully seperate entities

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

More like goodbye Shadow's pet Dark Chao.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Too Many Rings 1

I like the fact that issues #31-#34 sound like they'll be fairly light affairs, while I get the feeling the Bad Guys mini-series is going to be where we see some more world building and building uptowards the next big storyline. I think it'll be nice, especially if they do stick to the tentative release dates. If #34 does come out 14th October, that'll be 5 issues of the main book within less than 3 months, but y'know, I guess we'll see if those dates stick.

As for #29, I enjoyed it. It doesn't really bother me that there isn't much of a fight with Zavok, but then I don't think it was ever really building up to it. I think the point of #29 is just reaching that very climatic point as Sonic and co just manage to save the day at the very last second and restore everything. I like seeing everyone at their end, but also that moment when everyone is just celebrating. Rouge wanting to spend her last moments with the Master Emerald is hilarious, but Whisper hugging Tangle is adorable and probably a moment for all those Tangle x Whisper shippers out there. (Tansper? Whisgle? Tanger?)

Be nice to see #30 as a wrap up issue, but overall, I've enjoyed this arc. I do think that this arc maybe appreciated abit more in hindsight, especially when COVID-19 is just a distant memory. And I'm still excited to see the future of IDW Sonic.

For characters voicing the comic characters, I could hear Tangle as being either Kath Soucie or Erin Fitzgerald. Both can do a cartoon energetic teenager with a rough edge to their voice, even if Soucie is exponentially older. I hear Tangle sounding tomboyish, but unashamed of her femininity.

Whisper would obviously be a LOT quieter and soft-spoken, I imagine her voice to be deep but not raspy.

Jewel always sounds nervous. Although she is young, her voice sounds much older, almost akin to the voice of a librarian however pitched up due to her small size.

Starline is more flamboyant and proud, with a non-descript European accent. Almost sounds like any generic Yu-Gi-Oh! villain.

Rough and Tumble sound like buff thugs. Rough is squeaky and raspy that I could hear Richard Horvitz, while Tumble is deeper and sounds a bit "dumber," kinda like Grounder from AoSTH but more thuggish and deeper.

Mimic is a deeper, older and raspier voice. Could even hear Fred Tatasciore, something similar to his role of Soldier 76.

If I were a writer for SEGA and I were incapable of portraying Shadow as anything more than a paper-thing jerkass idiot? I’d rather keep him in the background than wrestle with the license holders so that I could portray him as a rounded character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't really work since Shadow is a popular character regardless of how Sega wants to portray him.

For some reason Tangle will always be Linda Cardelini in my head. Starline I hear Derek Stephen Prince and I don't really have any hard voices for anyone else.

Not sure if it was brought up, but the original cover of #30 featured ABT's sheep fan character before she was edited out. Also turns out the sheep girl is called Lanolin, although honestly it just makes me want to nickname her Lambchop instead. She still doesn't have a page on the wiki but I like to keep an eye out for this easter egg, for whatever reason.

zsyUQRk.png

jWP5wlh.jpg

Spoiler
On 4/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, Silvereyes said:

So a bit random, but I was wondering, do we have a definitive list of all the times sheep girl has turned up in the IDW run so far? Just kindof curious really, I know she turns up a few times as a background character.

Issue #2: kCHR31U.jpg

Issue #13: SbC0aEK.jpg

Issue #24: nFXWWIl.jpg

Issue #25: KnSSiab.jpg

Issue #26: uk3SppL.jpg

Issue #30 Cover (Rejected): 950JNGz.jpg

It honestly baffles me how SEGA can be so hypersensitive to some criticisms yet totally deaf to others. Like, once '06 came out and people started bitching about about multiple characters, plots, and 3D gameplay they turned around and made the very next game to enter production Sonic only, light on plot, and a 2D/3D hybrid with completely different gameplay. Yet, after 19 years of trying to remind them that Knuckles is supposed to be the guardian of the Master Emerald and a decade of expressing displeasure with Shadow the Dickhead we still haven't seen any concerted effort to correct course.

IDW Knuckles has been on Angel Island and dedicated to his duty guarding the Master Emerald since the end of the Neo Metal Sonic battle and did not appear again until issue 25 where he was still doing his job.