Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

We got some new covers, I assume solicits are coming soon.  Found them.

Cover B for Issue 2 of Bad Guys and Sonic #34-

Spoiler

EdsD7JWXYAA83yU?format=jpg&name=large 

From Sonic veterans Ian Flynn and Jack Lawrence comes "Smash & Grab," an exciting story jam-packed with bad guys and badniks! Some of Sonic's worst enemies are back and badder than ever! Dr. Starline, Dr. Eggman's former-right hand, has brought together Mimic, Rough, Tumble and Zavok and promised them even more incredible power... if they can stop fighting each other and start fighting badniks to get to it!

EdsEwDiWkAE1WJt?format=jpg&name=large

It's off to the races with Cream, Cheese, Amy, and Rouge! They have to keep up their winning streak or surrender Cheese to Clutch's evil... clutches! Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails are being watched by a mysterious figure in Eggman's seemingly abandoned base and Shadow investigates a mystery!

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Who do you think would be the perfect voice actor for Tangle & Whisper?

Tangle should have an excitable, neutral-register voice that can squeal at a moment's notice, like Catherine Cavadini (Blossom from Powerpuff Girls) or Janice Kawaye (XJ-9/Jenny Wakeman from My Life as a Teenage Robot). I struggle to think of a voice for Whisper, myself, I can't decide if she should have any old contralto of danger like Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard from Mass Effect) and Grey DeLisle (Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) or go for a black woman for her voice, like Estelle (Garnet from Steven Universe) or Cree Summer (Oh god she did so many iconic voices).

Spoiler

I can't see much of anything aside from Mimic and a few Badniks.

So Clutch, huh? Wonder what animal he'll be?

12 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

The Zombot Arc is over. 

Kaiju Zavok was pretty badass looking.

His transformation was kinda cool.

9 hours ago, Stay at Home Ultima said:

We got some new covers, I assume solicits are coming soon.  Found them.

Cover B for Issue 2 of Bad Guys and Sonic #34-

Hide contents

EdsD7JWXYAA83yU?format=jpg&name=large 

From Sonic veterans Ian Flynn and Jack Lawrence comes "Smash & Grab," an exciting story jam-packed with bad guys and badniks! Some of Sonic's worst enemies are back and badder than ever! Dr. Starline, Dr. Eggman's former-right hand, has brought together Mimic, Rough, Tumble and Zavok and promised them even more incredible power... if they can stop fighting each other and start fighting badniks to get to it!

EdsEwDiWkAE1WJt?format=jpg&name=large

It's off to the races with Cream, Cheese, Amy, and Rouge! They have to keep up their winning streak or surrender Cheese to Clutch's evil... clutches! Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails are being watched by a mysterious figure in Eggman's seemingly abandoned base and Shadow investigates a mystery!

7 hours ago, Stay at Home Ultima said:

Another cover for Bad Guys #2-

Hide contents

EdsjzWFXgAAuIqO?format=jpg&name=large

Why is Mimic so small?

6 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

It's been a while since the miniseries, so I definitely can't remember any particular actresses off the top of my head. I vaguely remember the tone, though.

EDIT: 

Thinking about it for a second, I guess I'll give a genuine idea of what they sound like to me before moving on:

• Tangle is basically your sorta young-ish tomboy, though an exact VA is eluding me. It's not particularly high-pitched like Omochao for example, but it certainly get's the scrappiness across while allowing her to occasionally give a quieter line.
  • Whisper, per her name, usually whispers on the occasions where she does speak. As such, it makes sense for her voice to be softer yet comparatively deeper than Tangle or [current]Rouge. There's also a hint of a middle-eastern accent in there as well, probably due to her being more elegant than most characters. 
  • While we're at it, Starline is cultured and a bit flamboyant without necessarily leaning on either as a contrast to Eggman being bombastic and abominable; his tone, like Whisper's, is also a vague low, though moreso than hers.
  • It's been a long while since we saw them, but Rough was definitely kind of a ratty mischief maker/thug like Darrell from OKKO. I honestly don't remember much to Tumble beyond maybe being sorta oafish.
  • Jewel is this weird dissonance of being more mature/natural representative despite her small body obviously drawing on Cream and Charmy.
  • Don't remember Mimic, Scruffy, or Lanolin much at all.

2 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Shadow said...

136axb.jpg

I just ugly laughed

" Didn't you literally rip him apart? However you feel about what caused this don't you feel some responsibility to rebuild your team mate?"

"Nah that ain't me"

"But... he's literally just a head!"

"Chase a bag. Don't worry about me" Teleports away

9 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I usually hear Jessica DiCicco (Olette in Kingdom Hearts II and Flame Princess in Adventure Time to name a couple roles) in my head when I read Tangle. Still undecided on Whisper, though. (Haven't gotten to the mini or Metal Virus saga yet, so haven't gotten a ton of dialogue from her to imagine much of a voice.)

Seeing as Cindy Robinson played pretty much every other female character in Sonic Boom, they'd probably give her both roles.

Saying that, Claudia Black (Uncharted, Farscape) would make a good Whisper.

I've always thought of Tangle as having a "Southern-gal" accent and whisper obviously softly spoken similar maybe to Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid.

28 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Welp, goodbye IDW Shadow doing anything fun in this book.

Its not out of character, but I was certainly hoping he got into some shenanigans.

if I had to guess though, the "mystery" is just the bad guys working together. 

7 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Its not out of character, but I was certainly hoping he got into some shenanigans.

if I had to guess though, the "mystery" is just the bad guys working together. 

Yeah, I imagine it'll tie into the mini Ian's working on. I was just looking forward to him doing something besides scowl and fold his arms and the Chao race sounded like it could have been a fun break since he's competitive and petty most of the time in other continuities.

I guess for what it's worth this sounds like he's doing something active for a change because he really hasn't done anything interesting since his introduction in this book.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

Yeah, I imagine it'll tie into the mini Ian's working on. I was just looking forward to him doing something besides scowl and fold his arms and the Chao race sounded like it could have been a fun break since he's competitive and petty most of the time in other continuities.

I guess for what it's worth this sounds like he's doing something active for a change because he really hasn't done anything interesting since his introduction in this book.

I thought he was fine in his debut story, but yea, he's just been mostly kind of there for the most part. 

I didn't think shadow was gonna get too much into shenanigans at all if he were there I figured his part of the narrative would be focused around some form of reconciliation between him and rouge even if they can't exactly be a team.

So this is extra curveball for me. So I'm very curious where that goes at least to see if shadow bothers to hold a conversation with rouge and omega or are they fully seperate entities

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Welp, goodbye IDW Shadow doing anything fun in this book.

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

More like goodbye Shadow's pet Dark Chao.