Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

I know you are half-joking, but I think all the posters are just missing posters with Eggman and Starline being wanted. 

The other cover also shows Amy giving a bunch of missing posters to Jewel.

I wonder if Jon Gray could get in trouble for slipping in that Knothole Village reference. Last time someone slipped a SatAM reference (ABT), he got a stern talking-to by SEGA.

Worst case scenario, the reference gets removed, which would be a shame. However, it's probably not as obvious as a slightly obscured Sally photo, so they might let it slide.

14 minutes ago, Razule said:

That's not a Knothole reference. "Wothole Village"? Come on, guys. Grasping at straws.

It looks like Storm's huge-ass finger is partially obscuring the K (like obscuring the E at the end of Village). I think that was intentional on Jon's part, so that SEGA has a hard time trying to translate it.

Anyways, this tweet confirms it is Knothole Village.

Unfortunately, it also confirms that it's just an Easter egg, as I figured. Still a neat one, though.

22 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Thats how they reintroduce the wolf guy from boom. Team name copyright dispute.

(I mean if you wanted to make it different. You could call them. Hearts or Heartbreakers. She does owh a club could be gambling themed)

Who, Barker? Heh. He was actually a dog, apparently.

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

What the heck is that first cover?

And I mean that in the best way.

1 hour ago, prowerboy26 said:

I know you are half-joking, but I think all the posters are just missing posters with Eggman and Starline being wanted. 

The other cover also shows Amy giving a bunch of missing posters to Jewel.

Oh that's right, Rouges didn't come back from their fight.

46 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I wonder if Jon Gray could get in trouble for slipping in that Knothole Village reference. Last time someone slipped a SatAM reference (ABT), he got a stern talking-to by SEGA.

Worst case scenario, the reference gets removed, which would be a shame. However, it's probably not as obvious as a slightly obscured Sally photo, so they might let it slide.

Oh really?

I also noticed something else: the CLAW that's destroying the posters is almost definitely Omega's, but the spikes on his arm look quite a bit bigger. Could Omega's new body be a jacked-up version of his old one, and now he' s seeking revenge on Eggman Terminator-style?

If so, this could be a real interesting issue.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Zaysho said:

It isn't reflected in Sega's products, no.

I haven't seen anything in Forces or TSR, the most recent games that featured all of these characters, that felt inconsistent with what they were in 2006. Every time I hear about these rules, it's exclusive to the comic, and presumably other licensed products, but these never seem to apply to whatever garbage Sonic Team puts out.

Basically like Mario, except in Mario’s case the licensed product is the garbage while the mainstream content ranges from reasonable to superb. I think it’s because their product is considered the “mainline”, and all other works must follow it.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What the heck is that first cover?

A cover for fun. Probably not reflective of content

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oh really?

Yeah sega's not into it.

6 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

First time I hear that. Source please ?

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It was in one of Ian's Bumblekast a few years back.

That reminds me, a while back Ian said he's working on an archive for all the Bumblekast questions.

Wonder how long it's gonna take.

7 hours ago, Adamis said:

Thanks but what are the details ?

Well, he actually didn't give details about his encounter with SEGA, but given his tone of voice, I'm willing to bet they weren't happy with that little reference.

Spoiler

Cream vs Zavok is not something I expected to ever see, even if from just having the two interact.

Probably would've been smarter to just leave well enough alone there. Twitter is right that his reply is unintentionally funny though.

I like Knuckles and Eggman's comparable thoughts on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Preview pages for Issue #30 are up! (Spoilering, just in case)

Hide contents

I was not expecting Cream to encounter Zavok and I really hope she gets to fight him lol

Holy crap, the TSR weirdness ditchotomy is actually happening.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

That Cacophonous Conch would be really helpful right about now.

Spoiler

Holy shit, it is gonna pay off, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

You know what, I won't lie

I completely forgot about Zavok.

I'm surprised he's showing up again so soon, much less minutes after getting beaten by Super Sonic.

3 hours ago, Kuzu said:

You know what, I won't lie

I completely forgot about Zavok.

I think uh... I think a lot of people did. I certainly did. If cream hadn't mentioned the rest of the d6 I would have forgot them too.