Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

57 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Like I said, "for a year" :P He's not writing the book for a year, unless they suddenly decide Seasons are no longer a year lol. He might not write the main book for longer than that, or just 12 issues certain, we don't know, but that year should be guaranteed from how they've explained it.

I think he said on Twitter that he does have at least an issue or two coming in 2021 actually. 

19 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Looks like the preview's out for #33:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

One question:

Hide contents

902586499_Screenshot2020-10-02at09_14.01-Edited.png.0f4504d36983d56d0186b50973fd2edb.png

Is this Clutch?

Spoiler

Presumably. Looks like a burly creature with small rabbit ears and a beard.

I'm assuming Amy's hesitation in the last page is the fact that they're going to a potentially seedy place

32 was probably one of the most disappointing issues in a long time for me. Everything wrong with Ian's finales cropping up in the worst ways possible. Rushed fights, pointless plot lines, etc. 

Spoiler

Sonic losing his memory happens for four pages overall, and nothing is done with it, Eggman's here just to dick about, basically. All of the heroes, barring Rouge and Tails are completely useless (I couldn't believe it when I saw Amy and Jewel arguing over issuing commands, as if Amy couldn't just take up the field leader role for a quick moment, even know she'd been doing that throughout the Metal Virus arc already). 

Nothing is done with Sonic's memory loss, so that's just a waste of pages, he gets his memory back in a very weird Deus-Ex Machina where Blaze jogs it via super form, the fight itself feels rushed, and in the end, Eggman just leaves to continue on with his schemes. And what do we get in the end, Sonic just reaffirming that "oh, *maybe* he'll change one day", and giving us a very generic "The Adventure Continues..." end page.

Fucking hell, just what was even the point? Why did Eggman need to attack here? Why did we need this fight? We've had nearly 20 issues of straight fighting over and over again, and instead of carrying on what Issue 31 did, and letting us see everyone pick their lives back up, and get things back on track, and giving us actual time to see anything interesting about Sonic's memory loss, Eggman just pops back in for a pointless fight that's only there to make the other heroes look absolutely incompetent without Sonic. The only real things I can say I enjoyed was Omega's retaliation, and Rouge beating the Babylon Rogues to the punch with the jewel, and Vector taking charge to fight Eggman.

Other than that, this was a severely underwhelming, rushed, and pointless conclusion to an arc that could've easily just skipped the memory loss bullshit and been far better focused.

21 minutes ago, Zulon Eredas said:

The designs look weird, like they're stickers or something

Yeah, the highlights make them look like they're made of plastic. Color looks a little too bright/saturated too imo.

The lines & script are by Evan Stanley, colors by Reggie Graham.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Sorry if this counts as a double post, but we got new covers for #34:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Woah, five characters in one! Clutch appears to be a girl and  a lynx/bobcat.

Lol at the sleeping Chao

Now another question:

Reveal hidden contents

1897138584_Screenshot2020-10-02at18_06_49.png.8b1f34a5a807811cde69271b8d93a20a.png

new character?

Spoiler

You know, if I didn't know any better (or see the Metal Sonic esque fin), I'd say we have a real Wild Child on our hands

3 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Now another question:

Reveal hidden contents

1897138584_Screenshot2020-10-02at18_06_49.png.8b1f34a5a807811cde69271b8d93a20a.png

new character?

Spoiler

Huh... Just thinking out loud here, but between the blocky fingers and the subtle glowing eyes, you could convince me that thing is supposed to be a sentient badnik. Maybe along the lines of coconuts? 

I've been thinking: what's up with Jewel height in relation to Charmy?

Are all bugs just small? Doe that mean Charmy will never grow any taller?
Is Jewel same age as he? I think she's 16. Plus that would make her Tails-lever prodigy, maybe above.
Or maybe she's just a small person?

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I've been thinking: what's up with Jewel height in relation to Charmy?

Are all bugs just small? Doe that mean Charmy will never grow any taller?
Is Jewel same age as he? I think she's 16. Plus that would make her Tails-lever prodigy, maybe above.
Or maybe she's just a small person?

She is indeed 16--her size is likely a side effect of both being an insect and the intention of her being a Tails/Cream for Tangle.

I agree that she should be a bit bigger when properly scaled, but eh.

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's the connected covers for Bad Guys

Reveal hidden contents

EjbuOEPWoAAJRfI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Didn't even recall this was a connecting cover. Makes the Skunk Bros hilarious in context.

10 hours ago, StaticMania said:

For a second there I thought that maid bot in the background was E-101 Beta.

Truth be told, I had to look again as well.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, KoDaiko said:

Now another question:

Hide contents

new character?

It really seems like it is.

In all honestly, I'm surprisingly OK with the new characters. Even though I'm not really a fan of anyone in particular, they do bring something new to the table, and they do feel like actual characters from the games. 

15 minutes ago, Ghostly Gogglehead CC14 said:
Spoiler

Meet Bell/Belle, a new robot character made of wood!

Spoiler

I admit I might be jumping to conclusions here, but the color scheme resembling Eggman's Tinker outfit makes me wonder if he happened to make her just before he went back to normal.

20 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

I admit I might be jumping to conclusions here, but the color scheme resembling Eggman's Tinker outfit makes me wonder if he happened to make her just before he went back to normal.

Spoiler

I mean. Her name's Belle. Tinker. Belle.

49 minutes ago, Ghostly Gogglehead CC14 said:

Mysterious cover character revealed in a tease for the NYCC panel:

Hide contents

Meet Bell/Belle, a new robot character made of wood!

Spoiler

Guess that rules out Sticks finally getting in.

Getting Kido/Puppetmon vibes from her.

32 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

Oh, neat observation.

30 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9 minutes ago, The KKM said:
  Hide contents

I mean. Her name's Belle. Tinker. Belle.

Spoiler

She also looks kinda like Pinocchio, who was created by an kind elderly man.

Anyway, her design feels kinda off. I know it's concept art, but she's supposed to look mechanical (wooden)/stiff while her expression is organic/flexible.