Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

What will happen to Restoration will be next three issues including Evans run

Espio found out about the Sneak after escaping the Quantum Beam thanks to Ninjas

The school. Editorial iirc chasing trend

The Sonic Mania theory around the Timeeatwr or even Phantom Ruby is fragment of it is more thought than Sega actually put in. He too believes it changed it to altnerate past and progresses as own thing
 Even Ruby ebimg virtual is quetsiimablr

He also believes Nega rescued the Eggmen after Generations for his own existential purposes

His last scripts involving Tangela me Whisper was months before addition to Speed Battlw . Might be better quetstom for Rvan

The pint of Shadow's part in Metal was to up felling or hopeless leanness by removing one of most powerful broken . He might've undercut the tndeijn by Chaos Control to get the emerald form Zavok as Wella s Sonic's part and Silver's importance since issue 8
 He's had incredible difficulty in getting Shadow to be usable in anyway made him a liability and Sega happened to approved the direction they went 

Team Wild
Runners likely basic first released 5 pages so team Wild would be ublikely
Sticks have frilfday ghosts dark Sonic. Driving force
Tikal keep constructive.  Sanity order do violent lightly frudtstr team mom
Werehog would depend on deep Sonic or wild in gameplay
Ifacikaitate

Eggman's day off stsrlonr continuity. Was meant to be in current. Only works about time

Webtoon Drogoon animated   he wants to bec fmab vs Souleater faithful.   Doesn't like things about fma bad things to story. Z vs gt.  Rights so he hopefully wouldn't lose control over his property.

Shadow fast as Sonic   on par in every regards but that.  He thinks it's be interesting if the shoes but he has rae talent

Dungeon master   had hard time seeing.  Tails would backseat dm due to wanting to participate but knowing to much.   Sonic might spindssh dice butcher bored with statshert.   Silver DM has vision.  Blaze wouldn't know much but can appreciate it for what it is.   Knuckles take too seriously in character as varv.  Amy might not have much patience as DM despite wanting to hang

Still abstaining from fanwork even not head writer and will until he's done with franchise

Hypothetical draw picture of character  happy with anything gift art 

Sonic cry hate mandates rules guidelines Ken Penders 130s. Line of succession Willing to assume Sonic wouldn't nope due to not being in best English
Sonic metal virus Eggman more shaken  never be that upsrt he feels it bit shallow but Happy middle ground
Might not cry in laughter but it might be allowed. 
Wouldn't give to despair

Gun doesn't exist anymore I'm game. Team dwtk isn't a team   Shadow fall. Briefing tower was never specified notes shouldn't be agent but just work when fit with what he wants

Favorite freedom fighter Bunnie in top rank  incredible abilities with price on daily life  gimptionn proactive most Sonic like  even see her being adapted 
he had reason to like all and has trouble not talking about each.  
Rally for Sally Jim Cummings Robotnok  acknowledge
Sonic sped battle or RPG

August 24
They can't use the Sonic forces or 06 style of Badniks and thus far have been keeping them within the style of Classics and heroes rather than Sonic 4 or maybe Lost World.
Adam Bryce Thomas had to change the Purple Dodo robots in issue 2 and making them look Classic Badnik's got them approved. This could be because they were created by the Phantom Ruby and thus is offlimits.

He's tickled by rembeing how people were questioning of how jarring tinkering with a plane to ebign Eggman's equal on a mech
He feels Tails portyaal has been schizophrenic
Heroes more childlike and support toler and downward decline from terr
Dnakry bits in Lost world who could tljoke around with Sonic instead of jist being a doe-eyed
He's been done dirty for 20 years

He admittedly never really thought about the exact population of New Mobotorpolis. Knothole growing as a city during Sonic in space, but we never got a good look at how big. He acknowledges that fit all into the Egg Grapes is stretching and picking a number likely won't sound right, so substitute for X.

He actually likes Elias' name as a clever anagram. He feels he is something if an apologist due to liking his doesn't, lost Prince design, Spaz weird weapons for him, and bj's somewhat intersting arc.

He clarified that he said IDW is known for bringing back old runs and wouldn't be known. He didn't know if StC due to copyright being different in england and some creator's lend cloak to their contribution

His favorite zombie related stuff dead rising 

Nephtys background and the desert raiders had been caught in the crossfire and decided how to handle it together. The notion of other factions aside from the freedom fighters and Eggman empire is up in the air. 

The disease Cassia had was supposed to be a mystery and didn't have a proper name
He actually meant to ask Alrah days beforehand

Sonic Heal is a shared in-game abiity and isn't exactly considers canon  per Gemerls inclusion.
Acknowledges how Sonic has learned techniques over the course of the series is a cool headcanon, but it likely comes down to whatever was deemed cool at a given time.
Silver teleporting is something that would be broken if included the narrative.

22 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I like Shadow’s super ego, I mean he speaks in the third person in SA2:

”I’m the Ultimate Lifeform” 

“I’m the Coolest.” 

“Let me show you my real power”

Third person implies he uses his own name as a pronoun.

17 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Has anyone finished the Bumblekast? Are there any interesting bits?

I started listening again recently and have stuff from up to August 17. Mind you, some of the older stuff isn't edited

44 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Here's a listing on Amazon that popped up with seemingly no announcement:

Sonic The Hedgehog: The IDW Collection, Vol. 1, a graphic novel containing issues 1 - 12 in hardback.

Pretty much the best value if you want to get into IDW Sonic, or collect old issues. Releases June 8th, 2021.

Well, that explains the artwork Evan did 

81HbvYCQ1HL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 2

OH MY GOD! FINALLY! 

Geez, I've been waiting for something like this to show up for the longest time. This is a much more convenient format for collecting the IDW arcs than even the graphic novel releases.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Espio found out about the Sneak after escaping the Quantum Beam thanks to Ninjas

The Sonic Mania theory around the Timeeatwr or even Phantom Ruby is fragment of it is more thought than Sega actually put in. He too believes it changed it to altnerate past and progresses as own thing

He also believes Nega rescued the Eggmen after Generations for his own existential purposes

His last scripts involving Tangela me Whisper was months before addition to Speed Battlw . Might be better quetstom for Rvan

The pint of Shadow's part in Metal was to up felling or hopeless leanness by removing one of most powerful broken . He might've undercut the tndeijn by Chaos Control to get the emerald form Zavok as Wella s Sonic's part and Silver's importance since issue 8
 He's had incredible difficulty in getting Shadow to be usable in anyway made him a liability and Sega happened to approved the direction they went 

Team Wild
Ifacikaitate

Eggman's day off stsrlonr continuity. Was meant to be in current. Only works about time

Webtoon Drogoon animated   he wants to bec fmab vs Souleater faithful.   Doesn't like things about fma bad things to story. Z vs gt.  Rights so he hopefully wouldn't lose control over his property.

Shadow fast as Sonic   on par in every regards but that.  He thinks it's be interesting if the shoes but he has rae talent

Dungeon master   had hard time seeing.  Tails would backseat dm due to wanting to participate but knowing to much.   Sonic might spindssh dice butcher bored with statshert.   Silver DM has vision.  Blaze wouldn't know much but can appreciate it for what it is.   Knuckles take too seriously in character as varv.  Amy might not have much patience as DM despite wanting to hang

Still abstaining from fanwork even not head writer and will until he's done with franchise

Sonic cry hate mandates rules guidelines Ken Penders 130s. Line of succession Willing to assume Sonic wouldn't nope due to not being in best English
Sonic metal virus Eggman more shaken  never be that upsrt he feels it bit shallow but Happy middle ground
Wouldn't give to despair

Gun doesn't exist anymore I'm game. Team dwtk isn't a team   Shadow fall. Briefing tower was never specified notes shouldn't be agent but just work when fit with what he wants

Favorite freedom fighter Bunnie in top rank  incredible abilities with price on daily life  gimptionn proactive most Sonic like  even see her being adapted 
Sonic sped battle or RPG

August 24
They can't use the Sonic forces or 06 style of Badniks and thus far have been keeping them within the style of Classics and heroes rather than Sonic 4 or maybe Lost World.
Adam Bryce Thomas had to change the Purple Dodo robots in issue 2 and making them look Classic Badnik's got them approved. This could be because they were created by the Phantom Ruby and thus is offlimits.

He's tickled by rembeing how people were questioning of how jarring tinkering with a plane to ebign Eggman's equal on a mech
Dnakry bits in Lost world who could tljoke around with Sonic instead of jist being a doe-eyed

He admittedly never really thought about the exact population of New Mobotorpolis. Knothole growing as a city during Sonic in space, but we never got a good look at how big. He acknowledges that fit all into the Egg Grapes is stretching and picking a number likely won't sound right, so substitute for X.

He actually likes Elias' name as a clever anagram. He feels he is something if an apologist due to liking his doesn't, lost Prince design, Spaz weird weapons for him, and bj's somewhat intersting arc.

He clarified that he said IDW is known for bringing back old runs and wouldn't be known. He didn't know if StC due to copyright being different in england and some creator's lend cloak to their contribution

Nephtys background and the desert raiders had been caught in the crossfire and decided how to handle it together. The notion of other factions aside from the freedom fighters and Eggman empire is up in the air. 

The disease Cassia had was supposed to be a mystery and didn't have a proper name

Sonic Heal is a shared in-game abiity and isn't exactly considers canon  per Gemerls inclusion.
Acknowledges how Sonic has learned techniques over the course of the series is a cool headcanon, but it likely comes down to whatever was deemed cool at a given time.
Silver teleporting is something that would be broken if included the narrative.

Third person implies he uses his own name as a pronoun.

I started listening again recently and have stuff from up to August 17. Mind you, some of the older stuff isn't edited

I am just saying if any of us went around saying aloud “ I am coolest” and “I am the ultimate lifeform,” I reckon people would think its egomania, and the very least haughtiness. 

I see a lot of the complaints about Shadow and it might just be poor memory on my part but was he not always like this? He had archs and became a good guy but he was still a pretty aloof and serious kinda guy. Him being here, having his own mission, acknowledging his allies but not intending to get involved, seems plenty in character to me.

That whole "I can't get infected cuz i'm epic" thing was silly tho

5 hours ago, Natie said:

I see a lot of the complaints about Shadow and it might just be poor memory on my part but was he not always like this? He had archs and became a good guy but he was still a pretty aloof and serious kinda guy. Him being here, having his own mission, acknowledging his allies but not intending to get involved, seems plenty in character to me.

Up until recently, everyone's go to interpretation of Shadow was Archie's, who was glued to Rouge and Omega 24/7. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Sonic The Hedgehog: The IDW Collection, Vol. 1, a graphic novel containing issues 1 - 12 in hardback.

Pretty much the best value if you want to get into IDW Sonic, or collect old issues. Releases June 8th, 2021.

Not surprised they're doing this they've done these IDW Collection hardcovers for Transformers G.I. Joe and TMNT. They've done Hardcover Ghostbusters collections too but they're more collections of the completed runs.

I'm more surprised that it's so soon. TMNT for example started doing them in 2015 compared to the books 2011 start.

I still stand by my point, IDW Shadow is how SEGA sees Shadow nowadays. Just like for any other character, they have their vision and rules of how the image of the character is. It's just... flanderized and simple.

Shadow's portrayal is suffering because he is a complex character, and SEGA wants EVERY character to be kid friendly, so Shadow must be more simple than he is. Sadly.

I also want to touch on why SEGA loves IDW so much... it's under SEGA's rules, it reflects how they see Sonic, and yeah, they didn't like Archie because it was different, besides the fact that the old comic and its crew created a lot of messy legal controversies and shit, no wonder they wanted to start from zero again.

6 hours ago, Natie said:

Many feel like he's too much of an aloof jerk.

As mentioned, his Archie incarnation was more benign and was stuck with Rouge and Omega in almost every one of his appearances 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Natie said:

On one hand, I don't think Shadow is 100% out of character myself but I think also understand why some are irritated with how some of his traits can get overexaggerated at the expense of some of his more complex emotions or ability to cooperate at certain times. Basically what you described in your last sentence. Not the end of world, but I think some fans want a more range so that his personality isn't one thing. 

That being said, I never felt like it was disturbingly bad like Forces Tails. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So here's a theory I was throwing around on Discord:

So IDW is calling this new collection, "The IDW Collection" which is something they've only done for their TMNT and Transformers line, and that was to differentiate the stories from the classic issues which they eventually republished. So is it possible that IDW is future proofing Sonic for republishing older material? Maybe an Archie or Fleetway collection?

Fleetway seems like it would be simpler considering the mess Archie is in, but it's a nice thought.

Cover B for IDW #37 is out:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Also someone on twitter posted previews? for Bad Guys #2:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Guess we have confirmation about the hooded figure?)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

The problem with Shadow is that the comic exaggerates his character flaws while simultaneously downplaying his redeeming qualities to the point of nonexistence. Before, Shadow tended to keep people other than his teammates at arm's length. In IDW he goes straight past taciturn and acts downright hostile, even giving Rouge the cold shoulder more often than not. While he was once a pragmatic and somewhat haughty, which sometimes caused conflicts, he was still fundamentally motivated by duty and altruism. Here his ego is in full control and he's already caused at least two disasters by refusing to listen to others and putting his pride before common sense. Basically, SEGA gave up on writing Shadow as likable or nuanced character, embraced the strawman "Ow the Edge" meme version of him, and are mandating that the comic's writers to do the same.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Hide contents
Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

I love that the background is a collection of Special Stages from different games:

• Bottom is Sonic 2's Halfpipe Highway with Blue Spheres in the back
  • Behind Metal Sonic is Mania's
  • Behind Omega is Sonic 3D Blast's Genesis Special Stages
  • Behind the Skunk Bros. & Mimic is Lost World 3DS's
  • Behind Cream, Vanilla, Cheese, & Chacola is the Sonic Simulator
  • Behind Team Chaotix is Sonic Advance's
  • I think the one behind Tangle & Whisper is Sonic Advance 3's
  • Behind the Babylon Rouges is Heroes'
  • Behind Rouge is the Sonic 1
  • I don't know what that is at the top...

• Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I love that the background is a collection of Special Stages from different games:

• Bottom is Sonic 2's Halfpipe Highway with Blue Spheres in the back
  • Behind Metal Sonic is Mania's
  • Behind Omega is Sonic 3D Blast's Genesis Special Stages
  • Behind the Skunk Bros. & Mimic is Lost World 3DS's
  • Behind Cream, Vanilla, Cheese, & Chacola is the Sonic Simulator
  • Behind Team Chaotix is Sonic Advance's
  • I think the one behind Tangle & Whisper is Sonic Advance 3's
  • Behind the Babylon Rouges is Heroes'
  • Behind Rouge is the Sonic 1
  • I don't know what that is at the top...

I think the one behind metal sonic is cd's special stage because I noticed thr PAST signpost.

54 minutes ago, A wild west steam engine said:

I think the one behind metal sonic is cd's special stage because I noticed thr PAST signpost.

it also has the blue & yellow spheres from Mania's special stage so it might be both

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Zulon Eredas said:

I do like Rough riding around on a Motobug

Rough confirmed to be heavy rider.

6 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

The problem with Shadow is that the comic exaggerates his character flaws while simultaneously downplaying his redeeming qualities to the point of nonexistence. Before, Shadow tended to keep people other than his teammates at arm's length. In IDW he goes straight past taciturn and acts downright hostile, even giving Rouge the cold shoulder more often than not. While he was once a pragmatic and somewhat haughty, which sometimes caused conflicts, he was still fundamentally motivated by duty and altruism. Here his ego is in full control and he's already caused at least two disasters by refusing to listen to others and putting his pride before common sense. Basically, SEGA gave up on writing Shadow as likable or nuanced character, embraced the strawman "Ow the Edge" meme version of him, and are mandating that the comic's writers to do the same.

See, and I'm conflicted about this. I like how they're actually giving Shadow flaws, but I feel like its' done in a way where he doesn't actually learn anything or change from the experience, so he's just stuck as a perpetual jackass with chance of changing that. At least before, he was still likable if somewhat boring.  So I'm very mixed on this new direction for him

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh look, more Shadow talk. Guess I can trot this out.

Spoiler

Oh I noticed Shadow was in this issue to get worf effected once again And I also don't care

Like, on a three strike system of acceptance or caring, shadow probably has about a four. Reason number one its Shadow Reason number two it's post 2015/IDW Shadow Reason number three this issue is supposed to be about grounded heroines is like Amy and Cream and Reason number four as a bonus he was a part of the original solicit for this very main story but was quickly taken out on favor of Amy.

I'm reserving judgment on this issue specifically because unlike other issues it's intended to be a two-parter and then therefore not complete I already just going off of my future blanket actual storytelling stuff aside Shadow does not need to be in this issue. This was supposed to be about Beta Team Rose going Chao Racing as the A plot and Shadow had a chance to be a part of that as original intended, given the presence of the Shadow Chao from Sonic channel. But combining everything that's been wrong with him for the past 5 years with IDW's apparent inability to do backup stories, he adds nothing to this story thus far and arguably plays a small but substantiable part in weakening it. 

Here comes a thought: Why wasn't it Cream or Gemerl who spotted and chased the parka villain? They were both present in the issue in the company of Rouge and Cream's spotlight in the Zombot arc was said to carry over a bit here. And if it does have something to do with the Gizoids, then Gemerl's presence here would be more relevant.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:34 PM, Polkadi~☆ said:

Might just get that..

10 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

Also someone on twitter posted previews? for Bad Guys #2:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Guess we have confirmation about the hooded figure?)

Spoiler

Looks like Blaze is getting involved again.

Also, they snuck in both sets of Emeralds, Red Rings, the Mobini, Flicky Quartet, and Wisps.

10 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Oh neat. An adaptation of Heroes mechanics to fit a story context, thats really cool. 

Kinda makes me wonder how the flight stuff will be worked in.

O

• Thumbs Up 1

That's honestly the strangest part; Shadow was originally going to take Amy's place, but somewhere along the lines decided to give it to Amy. But still insisted Shadow be in the issue...I have no idea why either, because yea, he really doesn't add anything to the issue...

Like its a small part of the book, but it really doesn't help for the people that are sick of just seeing show up and get worfed. 

Spoiler

Oh I noticed Shadow was in this issue to get worf effected once again And I also don't care

Like, on a three strike system of acceptance or caring, shadow probably has about a four. Reason number one its Shadow Reason number two it's post 2015/IDW Shadow Reason number three this issue is supposed to be about grounded heroines is like Amy and Cream and Reason number four as a bonus he was a part of the original solicit for this very main story but was quickly taken out on favor of Amy.

I'm reserving judgment on this issue specifically because unlike other issues it's intended to be a two-parter and then therefore not complete I already just going off of my future blanket actual storytelling stuff aside Shadow does not need to be in this issue. This was supposed to be about Beta Team Rose going Chao Racing as the A plot and Shadow had a chance to be a part of that as original intended, given the presence of the Shadow Chao from Sonic channel. But combining everything that's been wrong with him for the past 5 years with IDW's apparent inability to do backup stories, he adds nothing to this story thus far and arguably plays a small but substantiable part in weakening it. 

Here comes a thought: Why wasn't it Cream or Gemerl who spotted and chased the parka villain? They were both present in the issue in the company of Rouge and Cream's spotlight in the Zombot arc was said to carry over a bit here. And if it does have something to do with the Gizoids, then Gemerl's presence here would be more relevant.

Team Wild
Ifacikaitate

Wouldn't give to despair

Sonic sped battle or RPG

August 24
Sonic forces and 06 can't use
Keep within classics and heroes rather than 4 or lost wirld
A b t had to change issue 2
Could be because phantomruby is offlimots

Sonic Heal is a shared in-game abiity and isn't exactly considers canon  per Gwmrrls inclusion
Acknowledges how Sonic haslearned techniques headxabon 
Silver teleporting is something that would be broken if included the narrative

August 24

The scene with Shadow he hoped to get into 31 did mostly make it in-- in essence. He's not surprised with the changes he had to make.

The saddest moments of his run include Sonic finding Nicole after Sally was roboticized, Antoine getting suicide bombed by Metal Sonic, pretty much any moment with Cream in IDW, and Tangle turning into a zombo. Nicole suprisingly got to him with how powerless and thus robotic she felt about being right there when it happened, Antoine surprised Archie to the point that it affected how the rest of the arc was handled(also, his fate), Creams innocence means anything bad that happens to her is awful, and Tangle's last stand was ultimately a pointless fight with no victory.

They got the word Archie was ending around Christmas time
Panic inducing his career since he had nothing else to support his family
As a creator reboot hurt worse due to it having so many years and he grew up with it
Second rum it's more sardonic end since they had already gone through losing the old run

He tried tweeting portfolios for his friends

When idw started he offerto do the same and it so happened that most of the Archie gree got picked up

Aleah was most cut out due to losing her first major trade especially since she had credit for her work frequently get lost int he shuffle

He was honestly surprised that his return was even more asked for than the freedom Fighters

The Warp Topaz only opens portals in space, so the stuff in the annual would've been happening in that moment

He frustratingly has no idea why the Babylonians can't seem to fly. It reminds him of Jet's cool concept art compared the okay final design

Team Beta Rose outfits among others is generally down to, since they can very rarely can they deviate with approval
The wedding issue in Archie was surprising especially with Knuckles but all that came up with the no pants rule
Issue arctic Aleah reminds him of the issue in the Attic where they were eventually alright with Olympic Amy, 

Blaze kingdom got approved be sure if Sega's involving and they actually responded to a note in the script pointing out a lack of real redeemed by providing a lot of information about the technology architecture motif Imperial Palace
He was really happy and ecstatic that they got to unveil that at last 

Knuckles probably wouldn't be affected by Unleashed by human planet splitting
Shadow might be going around fighting the strongest of the Dark Gaia mostnster because that's "so deep and engaging"" for his current character

Big simply lives in a new shack with a similar locale on Sonic's World and the shack itself looks so similar because Big's carpentry skills with are simply natural to begin with.(My words, not his). That or he just picked up at least the bed when he moved("Hey Froggy look, it's a mobile home!").

Tails has multiple workshops Mystic Ruins and Central City to get away to in-between adventure and hanging with Sonic.

Beauregard doesn't exist postreboot due to them abandoning almost everything from that long era and being an expansive reference to a throwaway line in Mecha Madness(also, Aunt Lulamee in the encyclopedia). You know the one. :lol:

Sonic man was able to escape Flashman's Time Stopper because he's just that fast. See also restoring time in Generations.

He wants to see more of Knuckles and Amy in future games: a Metroidvania game with fists metal cracklin and Amy should helm a platformer puzzler focused on acrobatics, perhaps with animal companions like Lily, Chao, or Wisps to unlock things and generally being vivacious about helping people.

If he had full creative freedom to recharacterize Freedom Fighters, he concerned with their philosophy and role in a Modern Sega context. They were primarily there to give Sonic a supporting cast he simply didn't have, to the point that Tails was apparently added fairly late in Satams development.
He acknowledges that the Idw crew are there to fill in vacant roles that the game cast aren't really lately.
One of the bigger problems is with Rotor who was so similar in role but different in personality to Tails; he agrees that having them be pals would be nice, though. The others not so much, since Sally is a strong leader in a cast of  loose agents, Bunnie is unique in skillset, Nicole is simple due to associating with Sally. Antoine would need some work since he's a mildly offensive stereotype and Archie's history is gone.
He knows their inclusion could effectively be fanservice, but what they need is a purpose. that warrants their recurring inclusion.
Idw actually had a creative get together and he had five, Evan had one, and even editor Mariotte pitched something he never considered

He doesn't really like the youtube videos causing issues against Idw and himself and appreciates those who are willing to encourage proper criticism despite not really liking him.
He also sees that getting involved would be validating them and recognizes that those who really want to raise a ruckus will continue to do do.
Just the other day, he actually got an email ranting at him over hating the Freedom Fighters, shipping the Sonic and Amy, and killing off Archie characters (like Armand and Sir Connery?)

There isn't anyone else in place to watch the Master Emerald, since Knuckles 

He chose to have Sonic and Sally get back together in 30 year later due to lack of space and fans not being find of King Shadow. He was focusing on moving on to a new generation and wanted them to just be happy with little humdrum. He feels Sally's personal stake in marrying Shadow and dealing with the state of things was shortchanged.

He's fine with people making merchandise of Drogun for conventions and would even advertise it.

More Bumblekast

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

That's honestly the strangest part; Shadow was originally going to take Amy's place, but somewhere along the lines decided to give it to Amy. But still insisted Shadow be in the issue...I have no idea why either, because yea, he really doesn't add anything to the issue...

Like its a small part of the book, but it really doesn't help for the people that are sick of just seeing show up and get worfed. 

Exactly.

Probably because Sega got in the way early on and the first solicit was already going up by the time she decided to just swap him out.

21 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Shadow was going to take Amy’s place how?