Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

9 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

To my knowledge: 

37's releasing on 17th of Feb.

38's delayed to March 10th.

Are the comics constantly being delayed because of the virus or is this the usual schedule for the IDW comics?

2 hours ago, The KKM said:

Bit of both. It's IDW-wide at least, don't worry about it being something specific to Sonic.

Oh. I assumed that IDW usually releases a new issue every week, although it would make sense for them to release the comics in two or three weeks at a time.

5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh. I assumed that IDW usually releases a new issue every week, although it would make sense for them to release the comics in two or three weeks at a time.

IDW Sonic's meant to be once a month, as usual for an ongoing comic; when there's a minisseries going on, they try to make it so it's one issue of the main comic, two weeks later one minisseries issue, two weeks later main comic, etc. But delays happen often.

• Thumbs Up 2

So with the rumors of SEGA of America taking over, will this affect how certain things that tick certain people off might potentially be handled a bit better?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So with the rumors of SEGA of America taking over, will this affect how certain things that tick certain people off might potentially be handled a bit better?

SEGA of America is taking over the franchise?

10 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Are the comics constantly being delayed because of the virus or is this the usual schedule for the IDW comics?

Delays are definitely a big IDW problem. I don't know when they started but the earliest reference to them I can recall is the Hasbro Revolution event.

14 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

If you mean that zippo post, I don't think that should be considered. Its likely false and his own speculation. 

All that said, hypothetically, it would depend who was dictating what and why. That's all that matters. In terms of mandates and such. If whatever personally ticks you off is being mandated because someone thinks it will make money? Then It likely wont go away soon until until it blows up in their face. 

If you mean on the creative end , that solely depends on who's creating the thing. For example this book personally speaking, may have been better if people who weren't familiar with sonic at all were writing. A lot of the issues I have with it come with assumed familiarity on the author's part, and getting rid of that entirely would likely result in a better product considering what it is at times mandated to be. On the other hand there are things like the games that would benefit from having people more familiar with the material get a hold on the material. Both in a writing and gameplay capacity.

I know these are both bit non-answer-ey. Sorry about that

To comment on the bumblekast on the previous page: I think that sort of doppelganger characters will, or at least should be avoided. Sega is very role based these days. And is very reactive in how they respond to the comic. I can see them approving something not really paying attention more focused on dialog only to find out they don't like the idea because this encroaches on X character that may exist already like nega or may exist in the future. At least for now I do not trust sega as entity to not mishandle this book in regards to this sort of thing.

4 hours ago, caitash said:

Issue 37 is reported to have been delayed again to 24 February.

If we were still waiting for #36 I would be self-cannibalizing myself right now. Instead I'm chill and giving a light-headed chuckle.

...not looking forward to next mid-arc delay though.

So how do you think each of the roaming Zeti will crop up?

On 2/10/2021 at 12:37 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Finally got some preview pages for #37!

Hide contents

Et0z1TrXEAAs_-R?format=jpg&name=mediumEt0z2pmXIAEDwr9?format=jpg&name=mediumEt0z4cUXAAA1DQ2?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

Back at the Restoration, huh? Guess that explains how you know who gets involved.

We have a solcit for IDW Sonic #41. Ian Flynn's returning as main writer.

Spoiler

spacer.png

It's a 4 issue arc called "Zeti Hunt".

The Deadly Six are still on the loose and attacking towns. Jewel the Beetle recruits Sonic’s friends the Chaotix to find and stop the Zeti, but Zavok of the Deadly Six is looking for his minions, too—he’s angrier than ever and wants to reunite. The Chaotix will have to act quickly to outsmart the Deadly Six!

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We have a solicit for IDW Sonic #41. Ian Flynn's returning as main writer.

Well that was short. Now I feel a bit bad for Evan. I was harsh on her first arc, but I still wanted to see more than 8 issues.

They're both writing the book. The fact Ian was going to be doing an arc after her first two has been knownfor a while now.

I figured Evan's run as lead writer was only going to be for an arc or two. I liker her stories, but I'm always glad to see Ian back at the helm. Maybe it was just a temp thing, or maybe they'll be switching it up every once in a while. Either way I'm cool with.