Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Interesting that we've seen some unnamed Resistance/Restoration members throughout the run, but hardly any Eggman Empire rank and file (apart from the Egg Pawns).

Would any civilians have joined up, and for what reasons? 

I’d assume not, given how Eggman just launched a near world ending plague.

Why would any civilians join him after that?

I can see that the virus would have lost him a few followers.

Before his war, some may have signed up, either willingly, or otherwise. The Sonic Forces promos even had an Eggman recruitment audio.

I guess another question would be what would've happened to them between the defeat and the virus.

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Interesting that we've seen some unnamed Resistance/Restoration members throughout the run, but hardly any Eggman Empire rank and file (apart from the Egg Pawns).

Would any civilians have joined up, and for what reasons? 

Probably because Game Eggman doesn't tend to use others for his forces.

He'll use a giant monster or enlist other qualified lowlifes for a job, but he tends to be more about spreading his personal influence 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Probably because Game Eggman doesn't tend to use others for his forces.

He'll use a giant monster or enlist other qualified lowlifes for a job, but he tends to be more about spreading his personal influence 

The only exception to this may have been the Jackal squad that Infinite belonged to. 

I guess he has a bit of a track record for monsters and organic lackeys betraying him eventually. 

14 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

The only exception to this may have been the Jackal squad that Infinite belonged to. 

I guess he has a bit of a track record for monsters and organic lackeys betraying him eventually. 

As I said, qualified lowlifes for a job.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

As I said, qualified lowlifes for a job.

True. It might make an interesting one-shot in the comic where an ex-Empire lackey tries to explain their actions.

I would imagine less that Eggman would recruit people into his empire (as he seems to want his empire to be all about him), and instead that people might form groups and cults dedicated to unofficially supporting Eggman. Using his robot scraps to recreate and rebuild his robots but in poorer quality, willingly infecting themselves with the Metal Virus, and more.

Basically, silly cults who believe Eggman should rule the world, but are far too pathetic to actually help Eggman in any meaningful way. Of course, they'd still be a threat, but in the same way Rough and Tumble are. Maybe they'd actually have a cunning leader who is the real threat?

1 hour ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

I would imagine less that Eggman would recruit people into his empire (as he seems to want his empire to be all about him), and instead that people might form groups and cults dedicated to unofficially supporting Eggman. Using his robot scraps to recreate and rebuild his robots but in poorer quality, willingly infecting themselves with the Metal Virus, and more.

Basically, silly cults who believe Eggman should rule the world, but are far too pathetic to actually help Eggman in any meaningful way. Of course, they'd still be a threat, but in the same way Rough and Tumble are. Maybe they'd actually have a cunning leader who is the real threat?

Im trying to figure out what that remind me of, but I'm drawing a blank from options.

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

True. It might make an interesting one-shot in the comic where an ex-Empire lackey tries to explain their actions.

Oh yeah, that'd definitely be something.

Kinda like the Baron or Jerome Wise. Or hell, Infinite assuming he wasn't finished off on site.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Im trying to figure out what that remind me of, but I'm drawing a blank from options.

Kinda like the Baron or Jerome Wise. Or hell, Infinite assuming he wasn't finished off on site.

Fleetway comics

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, The KKM said:

A Doctor Robotnik Appreciation Tribe, even.

"He may be ugly, mean and bad. He may strike fear where hearts were glad. Although he brought us grim disaster, He'll always be our rightful master! Bring back the Doctor!"

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Can I please ask what baron

When IDW inevitably starts doing Sonic crossover comics, could Sega possibly get into conflicts with the other license's owner due to creative differences? Mandates and all?

2 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

When IDW inevitably starts doing Sonic crossover comics, could Sega possibly get into conflicts with the other license's owner due to creative differences? Mandates and all?

Maybe? I don't think it's an issue we should be worrying about now, since there are no crossovers yet.

2 hours ago, Jack-ted said:

Maybe? I don't think it's an issue we should be worrying about now, since there are no crossovers yet.

I know that, but don't you think that could pose a problem in the future? Like say IDW does a crossover with Samurai Jack, and it features all the visceral action from the first four seasons. But then Sega gets pissed over the crew behind the SJ comic having Sonic characters shedding blood and Cartoon Network gets into a feud with them saying its fine.

Though I agree this isn't something we shouldn't worry about at the moment, I'm just saying that due to Sega's mandates, there could be potentially nasty conflicts between them and the company they're doing a crossover with.

Tjjjjja, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work that way. Every issue has to be approved by Sega, crossovers won't be different.

• Thumbs Up 5

I mean as long as the characters stay consistent I don't think they'd care. Of course if the crossover characters were to interact with any Sonic specific materials it'd probably need to be run by them. If lets say for example Optimus Prime were to use the Chaos Emeralds to become Super Optimus Prime (An idea so awesome I want it to happen now) That would need to be run by Sega.

It's why Mega Man could go Super but not X in the Worlds Crossovers. Sega chooses who an and can't use the Chaos Emeralds to go super since it's their concept. Though personally I think it's dumb they didn't let X go Super since powerful armors are his thing but whatever.

4 hours ago, SBR2 said:

It's why Mega Man could go Super but not X in the Worlds Crossovers. Sega chooses who an and can't use the Chaos Emeralds to go super since it's their concept. Though personally I think it's dumb they didn't let X go Super since powerful armors are his thing but whatever.

Huh, I had assumed it was more Capcom's call rather than Sega's in that regard.

I figure it's kind of a balance thing with Sonic being the only Sega rep who can officially go Super that it makes sense to only allow one from Capcom, as well as focusing on the main heroes of the respective books (in this case Sonic and Clega Man).

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Huh, I had assumed it was more Capcom's call rather than Sega's in that regard.

I figure it's kind of a balance thing with Sonic being the only Sega rep who can officially go Super that it makes sense to only allow one from Capcom, as well as focusing on the main heroes of the respective books (in this case Sonic and Clega Man).

If I remember correctly, and it's been awhile - Ian wanted Sticks to go Super as well, so there'd be two reps each on the Sonic and Mega Man side, plus each sub-series would have a rep go super.

The only thing id like to see change is sega allowing amy to transform. I do not mind it being tied to mostly hedgehog dudes but that artwork that ABT did of her awhile back is to amazing NOT to see one day in a comic or game. You know if and when the games writing improves.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If I remember correctly, and it's been awhile - Ian wanted Sticks to go Super as well, so there'd be two reps each on the Sonic and Mega Man side, plus each sub-series would have a rep go super.

Now that would have been absolutely perfect. 

18 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I mean as long as the characters stay consistent I don't think they'd care. Of course if the crossover characters were to interact with any Sonic specific materials it'd probably need to be run by them. If lets say for example Optimus Prime were to use the Chaos Emeralds to become Super Optimus Prime (An idea so awesome I want it to happen now) That would need to be run by Sega.

Speaking of Transformers, I can see Sonic and Optimus being foils.

• Thumbs Up 1