Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

7 minutes ago, Postmodern Sonic said:

Is this for real? I've been wondering why the Sonic series in particular gets delayed so much, and I can honestly see this being true.

I guess if some fans really want Sonic to look good, fine I guess.  Although, I personally wouldn't care how they draw Sonic as long as he's close enough to how he's usually shown as.

4 hours ago, Postmodern Sonic said:

Is this for real? I've been wondering why the Sonic series in particular gets delayed so much, and I can honestly see this being true.

It's Sarcasm.

8 hours ago, Postmodern Sonic said:

No, that was a joke based on the movie Sonic's design. Things aren't that that bad.

Comics just gets constantly delayed for completely unrelated, yet unknown to us reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

In other news, Jennifer Hernandaz confirmed that she hid some Animal Crossing characters in the background of the issues she worked on.

EytGzd-WUAMg7m_?format=jpg&name=large

EytGzeAXIAAUiWg?format=jpg&name=small

• Thumbs Up 1

So holding off on another long consideration for a while longer, let's instead ask where do we think the comic will go?

21 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So holding off on another long consideration for a while longer, let's instead ask where do we think the comic will go?

Well, since the Deadly Six are set to come back into the comic sometime, I'm thinking that Sonic and his Friends will confront the Deadly Six again and this time, the Deadly Six probably would have built a machine that would drain the world of its energy, sort of like what happened in the game.

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Well, since the Deadly Six are set to come back into the comic sometime, I'm thinking that Sonic and his Friends will confront the Deadly Six again and this time, the Deadly Six probably would have built a machine that would drain the world of its energy, sort of like what happened in the game.

Um...okay. Not where I thought that'd go, but I suppose it's possible.

Personally, aside from preferring they mystic up some whammy to do that this time, I don't think we're looking at a year four with the Deadly Six and instead believe it's clear that whatever Zavok has planned will be resolved or at least have an arguable Phase I dealt with in these upcoming issues.

StH #43 (B) cover and synopsis:

SMpC3ln.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog #43—Cover A: Thomas Rothlisberger
Ian Flynn (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) • Thomas Rothlisberger (c)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VS. SIX DEADLY ZETI! Who will win the battle?! Find out in the action-packed "Zeti Hunt," part three! It's all hands on deck as Sonic and friends struggle to defend the newly rebuilt Restoration HQ from the Deadly Six.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Sonic the Hedgehog #43—Cover B: Matt Herms
Ian Flynn (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) •Matt Herms (c)

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Nathalie Fourdraine!

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

So the Deadly Six are taking the fight to the heroes directly. About time.

11 minutes ago, CC14 the Eliminator said:

StH #43 (B) cover and synopsis:

Hide contents

SMpC3ln.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog #43—Cover A: Thomas Rothlisberger
Ian Flynn (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) • Thomas Rothlisberger (c)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VS. SIX DEADLY ZETI! Who will win the battle?! Find out in the action-packed "Zeti Hunt," part three! It's all hands on deck as Sonic and friends struggle to defend the newly rebuilt Restoration HQ from the Deadly Six.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Sonic the Hedgehog #43—Cover B: Matt Herms
Ian Flynn (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) •Matt Herms (c)

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Nathalie Fourdraine!

That probably would've been an effective combination if the Cater-killer parts actually kept its spikes.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, DabigRG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Starline's new empire is somewhat similar to the Dark Legion from Archie in that will serve as a large secondary threat for other characters to fight, with less Eggman-y tech and soldiers

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Starline's new empire is somewhat similar to the Dark Legion from Archie in that will serve as a large secondary threat for other characters to fight, with less Eggman-y tech and soldiers

Perhaps. Though there are only two on the way, who are presumably the two partners he was supposed to debut alongside originally.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/1/2021 at 3:24 AM, CertifiedNobody said:

I would like something like that. We need more villains independent from Dr. Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Perhaps. Though there are only two on the way, who are presumably the two partners he was supposed to debut alongside originally.

Maybe they'll serve as his own "Egg bosses"

It just looks like the purple swirling thing from above the tower to me. Slightly different due to artist interpretation sure, but not to any major degree.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

It just looks like the purple swirling thing from above the tower to me. Slightly different due to artist interpretation sure, but not to any major degree.

Ah. Rats. I was kinda hoping despite all the insistence that we weren't going to see any Archie stuff that maybe they were teasing some kind of fun crossover of the IDW and Archie versions for the 30th Anniversary. Maybe also Fleetway to round out the package as all 3 major western comic versions of Sonic.

I mean I know it was a long shot but still it's a nice dream. 

You should know that wasn't gonna happen as soon as you said "Maybe also Fleetway" lol

EDIT: By which I mean, even if Archie stuff were useable (it very much definitely and assuredly isn't, and even assuming a future where somehow laywers work it all out, it's years and years from now), the odds of a cartoon or comic company bothering to go "oh that's right there was a comic 20 years ago that a lot of the modern fanbase just knows as "wah sonic was mean", let's use that" are the cherry of implausibility on top lol

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, The KKM said:

You should know that wasn't gonna happen as soon as you said "Maybe also Fleetway" lol

EDIT: By which I mean, even if Archie stuff were useable (it very much definitely and assuredly isn't, and even assuming a future where somehow laywers work it all out, it's years and years from now), the odds of a cartoon or comic company bothering to go "oh that's right there was a comic 20 years ago that a lot of the modern fanbase just knows as "wah sonic was mean", let's use that" are the cherry of implausibility on top lol

Plus I think the fleetway original characters are owned by the creators since I think the artist for a cameo of tekno had to get permission from her creator

5 hours ago, The KKM said:

Oh, my God I get it I'm dumb for having hoped for something fun can we move on now please?