Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Here's a thought, will IDW actually do a full arc for the newest Sonic game (Rangers?), or is it going to be another one-shot? I seriously would love another stab at the SA1 styled adaptation, as long as SEGA gives IDW the proper materials to make this work. No relying on crappy Japanese translations shouldered on the comic team at the last minute.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Here's a thought, will IDW actually do a full arc for the newest Sonic game (Rangers?), or is it going to be another one-shot? I seriously would love another stab at the SA1 styled adaptation, as long as SEGA gives IDW the proper materials to make this work. No relying on crappy Japanese translations shouldered on the comic team at the last minute.

Bringing the comic universe kinda-sorta in line with the game universe doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Always liked as a kid that I could play SA1 then go over to the comics and read a different take on the same basic plot.

10 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I'd image that a full adaptation would maybe be it's own separate miniseries so it doesn't cut into the storyline of the main book. 

On that note a thought came to me after Colors Rise of the Wisps was announced do you guys think that IDW is going to do a one-shot to tie-in with Colors Ultimate? I mean Sega seem to be treating it like a new game so I'd be surprised if they didn't. 

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I'd image that a full adaptation would maybe be it's own separate miniseries so it doesn't cut into the storyline of the main book. 

I mean, if this game is coming out in 2022, it's possible IDW may already know the basic plot of it and are planning to incorporate it ahead of time when say the Zeti arc is over or something. Not saying they are, but they could definitely try that.

9 hours ago, SBR2 said:

On that note a thought came to me after Colors Rise of the Wisps was announced do you guys think that IDW is going to do a one-shot to tie-in with Colors Ultimate? I mean Sega seem to be treating it like a new game so I'd be surprised if they didn't. 

6 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I mean, if this game is coming out in 2022, it's possible IDW may already know the basic plot of it and are planning to incorporate it ahead of time when say the Zeti arc is over or something. Not saying they are, but they could definitely try that.

Isn't Colors Ultimate a glorified HD port?

21 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I'm not totally sure. It's adding a new Wisp and some races against Metal Sonic so it's got new material in it so it's a bitmore than a port.

The original point was whether or not they'll adapt the new game when it comes out. 

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I'm talking about Rangers. I've got no opinion on the Colours adaptation.

2 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I'm talking about Rangers. I've got no opinion on the Colours adaptation.

Oh, okay.

Where'd the name Rangers come from, btw?

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, okay.

Where'd the name Rangers come from, btw?

The trailer was datamined and it was in an official press release.

15 hours ago, Razule said:

The trailer was datamined and it was in an official press release.

How do you data mine a trailer?

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How do you data mine a trailer?

You look at the original video in an hexadecimal editor and see if there are remaining interesting bits in the metadatas. Some editor keep them in the exporter file, for whatever reason.

And in this case, it allowed us to get the Rangers name.

Will SEGA let the comic show the human world after Rangers?

It will kind of make a huge plothole with the Metal Virus arc.

6 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Will SEGA let the comic show the human world after Rangers?

It will kind of make a huge plothole with the Metal Virus arc.

Why? I don't suddenly see Rangers changing the new status quo and bringing things to be all in one world again.

24 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Why? I don't suddenly see Rangers changing the new status quo and bringing things to be all in one world again.

No but I see SEGA being open to exploring the human world again

37 minutes ago, Slashy said:

No but I see SEGA being open to exploring the human world again

Then the characters would just go to the human world.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I...don't know what Rangers has to do with anything but it wouldn't really be a plothole since Forces and the IDW comic take place on Sonic's World so the Metal Virus didn't affect Earth in the slightest. 

Think we'll ever get see Rad Red get his own story again? 

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Then the characters would just go to the human world.

What does Ranges have to do with the human world, btw?

Just now, DabigRG said:

According to the leaks, the supporting character in the game is ghost human girl

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Aside from the ghost girl, speculation because it seems to take place in a realistic forest land compared to the cartoony animal world games.

2 hours ago, phobs said:

According to the leaks, the supporting character in the game is ghost human girl

The return of Lah?

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Aside from the ghost girl, speculation because it seems to take place in a realistic forest land compared to the cartoony animal world games.

Oh. That's fair, I guess

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I...don't know what Rangers has to do with anything but it wouldn't really be a plothole since Forces and the IDW comic take place on Sonic's World so the Metal Virus didn't affect Earth in the slightest. 

According to what I read humans do exist on the idw sonic world but they didn’t have a reason to bring them in yet

16 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I would love to see Knuckles have his own story in this series.  I do wonder what other characters will have their own arcs in this series?

On 5/31/2021 at 12:24 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I would love to see Knuckles have his own story in this series.  I do wonder what other characters will have their own arcs in this series?

The only other one left is Blaze, unless they split the Chaotix to actually focus on Charmy.

16 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The only other one left is Blaze, unless they split the Chaotix to actually focus on Charmy.

I would love for the Chaotix to have their own arcs!  It would be great to see more of them as a team rather than just showing up in the comics when they are needed.