Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

9 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

it's mostly because there are other threat, but that Eggman (and the D6) are a way other level that destroy entire town, kill hundred of people.

Hide contents

And we have mostly the vision of a Deadly Six member, for which "small threat" are nothing, so I suppose he doesn't really know that they are small thief, and many bandits.

But, I think it kinda fits the thematics of Sonic : we are seeing a kinda pristine "natural" world (which doesn't mean that there is no problem in it, there are thief, bandit, etc… just not that kind of threat) attacked by the industrial tyran Eggman. It also explain quite well why inhabitant have so much trouble and need heroes, and why they don't have big political structure like the Human World. In a way, they're kinda like the state of nature of Rousseau (just kinda, because their society is more structured than the state of nature).

But that's also why I hope we'll get the human world soon : it'll make the contrast really cool, and can be a good source of conflict between our character (that are kinda utopic) and a more "stern" human world. I still want for instance my angry Sonic against a GUN officier explaining that they didn't helped them agaisnt Eggman because they prefered to protect their own world from a possible invasion now that Eggman had a territory :'D

In a way, It remind me a bit of the few first Sonic X episode, where Eggman had trouble with how structured and complex the human world was, for instance where he said stuff like "TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER" and was annoyed because there is always one more leader XD

So I think it's cool, but to be really well used, it needs the human world to have the kind of contrast that such a world need. But I think that it's the kind of things that show that they want to keep the human world. I mean, I think that if they didn't want to keep it "somewhere", they would just make the Sonic World a "complete" world and wouldn't characterize it so much as different from our world.

About the rest of the issues :

Hide contents

Starline finally start really using his brain, nice, even if the tricore is still OP. I like how his obsession about "not being Eggman" is starting to become a bit like Eggman's obsession about Sonic. I still wounder what his endgame is.

And I liked the attack on the resistence base, especially WITH THAT FRIGGIN' TRUCK XD

4 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Outside of Starline and Sonic I kinda just slogged through this one. So instead of repeating complaints about the 6 I'll move on to what I liked. I'm curious as to what Starline's endgame is as well as his need to be different. I think it's an interesting way to go with him. What use Belle can be I have no idea. I wouldn't think of any but surely there is something. I'm still more interested in what the Tails sample he got will be used for. He brought it up again so it's not forgotten.

Sonic grabbed my attention too just with how he is SOOOO DONE with this shit. Like damn it looked like he was cursing in his head and just had enough. Maybe the back to back stuff is taking a toll on him and we might get some angry Sonic hero stuff. Who knows. I'd love to see him beat the crap out of the 6 to the point he has to be told to be stop that they're beaten.

Didn’t he already say what his endgame is at the end of bad guys

take over the world for himself to prove himself as eggman’s superior

50 minutes ago, Slashy said:
  Hide contents

What exactly did Belle do at White Park to impress Starline? She was just used by Tails to kick him.

I wish she had actually done something actually impressive. It would give a greater justification for Starline to care about her and make her more interesting.

Spoiler

I guess her existence itself is interesting? She's a "badnik" but looks organic & acts like a regular girl with emotions and stuff.

Maybe he's trying to make his "enforcers" an android disguised as a mobian? He doesn't have the power or resource like Eggman, and he's too well known to do anything in public. He's gonna need some henchmen who's not brain dead, act humane enough to avoid suspicion, loyal, and easily disposable/re-programmable when needed.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:
  Hide contents

I guess her existence itself is interesting? She's a "badnik" but looks organic & acts like a regular girl with emotions and stuff.

Maybe he's trying to make his "enforcers" an android disguised as a mobian? He doesn't have the power or resource like Eggman, and he's too well known to do anything in public. He's gonna need some henchmen who's not brain dead, act humane enough to avoid suspicion, loyal, and easily disposable/re-programmable when needed.

Yeah but he was impressed by her at White Park. How? Nothing she did was impressive

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't know yet because Starline hasn't shown his whole hand. We'll find out what his plans are for her soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

We don't know yet because Starline hasn't shown his whole hand. We'll find out what his plans are for her soon enough.

I know but it is a bad sign when part of his motivation for wanting Belle is "Tails helped her kick me in the face."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

10 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Yeah but he was impressed by her at White Park. How? Nothing she did was impressive

Because her existence is what's impressive.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Starline was impressed by Belle at White Park. How? Nothing she did was impressive

Compare Belle to most complex robots we know. Metal Gemerl, Gizoids, Omega, Orbot.

I love this guy (MetalFanForLive) but isn't she a little more... person? Life like? More Robot Master than Badnik?

She's self conscious. Emotional, capable of face expressions. Doesn't rely on orders.

Metal Sonic CAN emote, but his default is anger, cold indifferent or more anger.

Eggman tries building weapons. Tinker tried building a daughter.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Compare Belle to most complex robots we know. Metal Gemerl, Gizoids, Omega, Orbot.

I love this guy (MetalFanForLive) but isn't she a little more... person? Life like? More Robot Master than Badnik?

She's self conscious. Emotional, capable of face expressions. Doesn't rely on orders.

Metal Sonic CAN emote, but his default is anger, cold indifferent or more anger.

Starline barely interacted with her. Her entire interactions with him were her kicking him in the face. I don't exactly know what from that interaction made Starline fully convinced he needed this robot for his plans.

I know she was made by Tinker. I need more than just that. I want an understanding on how Belle is different than other robots besides she is made of wood

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Slashy said:

I know she was made by Tinker. I need more than just that.

But Starline doesn't. He's still an Eggman fanboy deep down and Belle's a weird new kind of Eggman creation. That's plenty enough justification, at least until we learn more about what he's up to otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't help but notice that a lot of the issues people bring up seem to boil down to "well we know this stuff" yeah but what we know isn't important it's how the characters react to it and how it affects them.

Like the point of Belle learning Eggman was her creator isn't that Eggman is her creator. It's not a reveal or importantly the end of the story. It's that now she knows fully that Eggman isn't Mr. Tinker and has to learn her place in the world and if she's just another Badnik or if she can be more.

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Starline barely interacted with her. Her entire interactions with him were her kicking him in the face. I don't exactly know what from that interaction made Starline fully convinced he needed this robot for his plans.

I know she was made by Tinker. I need more than just that. I want an understanding on how Belle is different than other robots besides she is made of wood

Well from what we got in this issue and the past ones:

Spoiler
  • Even in their few moment of interaction at White Park, he was able to recognize Belle as an Eggman creation.
  • Belle is "unorthodox" in construction, and Starline consider her a "unique creation, unlike anything else of his".
  • (Note, Starline is a huge Eggman fan and studied all his work)
  • She has free will, self-conscious, and emotions compared with badniks or even Metal Sonic/Omega/etc.
  • He wants to study her for "all the insights and nuances"
  • When he meets her, he is further impressed by her "self-actualizing"
  • He states he needs her for "completing my current projects"

Idk, that sounds enough? He does state she left an impression on him "physically" but that part's more of a 'you smacked me in the face and left a mark' kinda way.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I can't help but notice that a lot of the issues people bring up seem to boil down to "well we know this stuff" yeah but what we know isn't important it's how the characters react to it and how it affects them.

Like the point of Belle learning Eggman was her creator isn't that Eggman is her creator. It's not a reveal or importantly the end of the story. It's that now she knows fully that Eggman isn't Mr. Tinker and has to learn her place in the world and if she's just another Badnik or if she can be more.

Exactly. I have been saying this. The payoff is supposed to be the fact that Belle was in denial until she got confirmation.  The hints were obvious to us, but it is almost like dramatic irony. We know what the characters don't know on purpose. 

With Starline,the way I took it was that he was just fascinated with her design. He is an Eggman fanatic and he sees a design that inspires him. For him it is like a new toy.

• Thumbs Up 4

I thought the issue was alright, the art was great and really carried it. If the Bad Guys arc didn't already get me to start enjoying the D6, then all these great panels with them that actually making their designs pop would certainly be enough. I think the story was fine too, but the delays just make the pacing kind of funky, and I can't help but stare forward wondering when the next "big" ongoing story will be. It would be pretty interesting if Belle ends up becoming a villain or something at the end of all of this, not because of Starline reprogramming her or anything, but her somehow having a wild arc that culminates in her becoming some sort of chaotic neutral or baddie. Also damn with how they describe Sonic's world I wish I lived there this planet freaking sucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not a great justification.

Omochao is capable of all of those things except facial expressions and probably easier to get ahold of.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it seems that Starline still needs an assistant.

I wonder if he will create his own Badniks soon? Will they be called Starbots?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Slashy said:

Not a great justification.

Omochao is capable of all of those things except facial expressions and probably easier to get ahold of.

Idk what justification you'd accept? People have listed how Belle may be unique, and I listed Starline's words directly from the comic in my previous post.

Starline stated he has trouble with his project. He considered Belle new/unique and thought she will help him complete his work. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. But that's his reasoning. Maybe he already dissected Omochao. Maybe he didn't get the information he wanted.

I thought his reasoning made sense. Sometimes when you do a creative project and can't move on, you need inspiration and knowledge to move forward. And to do so you need to fumble around until you find something specific that "clicks".

Maybe you don't think Belle is unique, which is fine. But Starline thinks she is, and other people can see why he thinks so.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Must admit, I feel a lot more positive about issue #42 than others on this thread.

I don't really see the problem of having Sonic reaching the Deadly Six as fast as he does. They've infiltrated Restoration HQ, started wrecking the place, and are just one door away from reaching the centre of operations and the Restoration's leader. I mean they haven't won just yet but they've already accomplished a great deal of chaos.

I don't love the D6 but I do think they are at least somewhat interesting with their viewpoints of the world, and their sheer bewilderment to the ideas of peace and coexistance. I thought the Zoom call was fun, liked Charmy acting like a wee kid. "Look mom, look mom. Moooooom look, mom loooook..." Nice to see Tails at the top of his game. Does seem very much like the D6 are going to be written out of this thanks to Tails' gadgets, unless Flynn pulls out a twist involving this. And Dr Starline is good in this, I really do hope we see him gradually evolve, with his character so insistent on needing to change, I hope that does actually happen over time. I still don't love Belle, but I don't see her being overused at the moment, it's clear she is meant to be going through a bit of a character journey. I just think the issue is that she just didn't seem to land as well as Tangle and Whisper did. I hope she grows a bit better, maybe issue #45 will help. Kindof wish Tangle and Whisper were in this issue more, hopefully they get to come out and help Sonic in the next issue, especially since it looks like Whisper won't be in #45. I'm always eager for more Whisper action.

So yeah, I'm enjoying this current story so far. But I am also hoping we'll see the D6 retired for a while after this.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Idk what justification you'd accept? People have listed how Belle may be unique, and I listed Starline's words directly from the comic in my previous post.

Starline stated he has trouble with his project. He considered Belle new/unique and thought she will help him complete his work. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. But that's his reasoning. Maybe he already dissected Omochao. Maybe he didn't get the information he wanted.

I thought his reasoning made sense. Sometimes when you do a creative project and can't move on, you need inspiration and knowledge to move forward. And to do so you need to fumble around until you find something specific that "clicks".

Maybe you don't think Belle is unique, which is fine. But Starline thinks she is, and other people can see why he thinks so.

I have softened my stance on Starline's stance on her. I get why he is interested, but again I wanted her to have done something cool beyond just her existence of being Tinker's wooden robot.

I wanted something facinating about her teased that that I could be further explored with Starline. Something really cool or really unique. I don't have that so the character is far more facinated about something that I am not so I am less excited about his plans.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a way, that's make Starline excitation about Belle an excellent representation of technological advance. It's most of the time something that can looks boring from the outside while scientifics/people from the field are really excited about it :'D

More seriously, I'm pretty interested about what interest Starline the most about her, about every possibilities, because it could be a great indice about what he want to do. I think that's the "lifelike" personality, but I'm not sure.

I also hope we will get a Belle vs D6 moment, because I'm really interested about if Belle is affected or not by their power. I mean even if she mostly is affected, they could pull a bullshit explanation that Tinker somehow managed to create a bot that only works with wood, that the kind of magnificent bs that the Sonic IP can pull of xD

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

In a way, that's make Starline excitation about Belle an excellent representation of technological advance. It's most of the time something that can looks boring from the outside while scientifics/people from the field are really excited about it :'D

More seriously, I'm pretty interested about what interest Starline the most about her, about every possibilities, because it could be a great indice about what he want to do. I think that's the "lifelike" personality, but I'm not sure.

I also hope we will get a Belle vs D6 moment, because I'm really interested about if Belle is affected or not by their power. I mean even if she mostly is affected, they could pull a bullshit explanation that Tinker somehow managed to create a bot that only works with wood, that the kind of magnificent bs that the Sonic IP can pull of xD

What has you excited is what has me apprehensive. I want this storyline to end with Starline discovering something new and interesting about Belle's capabilities that makes her interesting beyond being wooden Omochao and there aren't any big hints from what I can tell that say there is something more there.

14 hours ago, Slashy said:

I have softened my stance on Starline's stance on her. I get why he is interested, but again I wanted her to have done something cool beyond just her existence of being Tinker's wooden robot.

I wanted something facinating about her teased that that I could be further explored with Starline. Something really cool or really unique. I don't have that so the character is far more facinated about something that I am not so I am less excited about his plans.

I do agree with Belle being boring. When her design was leaked I was looking forward to how she'll add on to the story. But as of now I consider her the least interesting of the IDW exclusives. What I assumed were her unique points was never focused on, and I feel there wasn't enough room to really flesh her out or time for me to warm up to her (despite having 2-3 arcs back to back). When Starline mentioned how she's unique and different I thought 'wow finally?' but even then it doesn't feel exciting. Maybe because the main focus is Starline and Zeti invading the base?

2 hours ago, Slashy said:

What has you excited is what has me apprehensive. I want this storyline to end with Starline discovering something new and interesting about Belle's capabilities that makes her interesting beyond being wooden Omochao and there aren't any big hints from what I can tell that say there is something more there.

Maybe Belle will ask Starline why he finds her interesting and Starline will explain his thoughts in the next issue?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny, I don't really love Belle myself, but I think it makes absolute sense why from a character perspective Starline is fascinated by her. She has little in common with Eggman's metal Badniks, she can think for herself, and has no duplicates. She wasn't made on an assembly line, she was presumably made with love basically. Starline is an Eggman fan, Belle is a super rare collectible. I think it's an interesting sub-plot, I'm looking forward to see where it goes. I love the detail that Starline refers to Belle as an object, he never refers to her as a woman.

I must admit though, this conversation has made me wonder why I don't like Belle quite as much as Tangle and Whisper. I wonder if part of it is that to be honest, I don't entirely grasp what Belle's actual abilities are. Tangle uses her tale. Whisper uses a gun that uses Wisps. Starline used to have the Warp Topaz to make portals, and now he has a Tri-Core which has 3 abilities that are based Sonic gameplay principles. Belle, I dunno, she can unlock doors, she can fight to some degree, you can pull on her tale to do things? My memory isn't the greatest with the earlier issues but I really do struggle to pinpoint Belle's abilities, and that comes to her character too. Now that Belle knows who her creator is, what drives her now?

It's odd I suppose. I just feel vague when it comes to Belle. I'm happy to be corrected on this by others who see that I've missed anything, but with Belle, I just feel vague. I wonder if it would be a good idea to give her a friend, like a proper best friend, someone she can spend time with, open up too etc. I don't think that even happened with Tangle despite spending nearly 4 issues with her in the last story arc, it felt more like 2 people who just met and Tangle very much taking the lead. I feel like Belle needs that moment Whisper had in T&W #2 where she just breaks down and opens up, needs a moment of connection. Perhaps the reason why I'm actually feeling quite hopeful for issue #45 and that camping trip.

I don't know, I'm rambling.

• Thumbs Up 3

IDW Sonic 46 was fine, with a couple of good things and some less than invigorating things.

Spoiler

Tracy Yardley! is back and I mean man, it's amazing how much you don't realize you miss something until it blindsides you in a good way. In addition to [the colorist], this issue's art might just be it's high point, both with and without the actual story events as a factor. His current interpretation for the Orangutan dude as well as the Deadly Six are pretty lively and even some of the offness is either charming or just above what's par for the course: Master Zik is the weakest of the six only by comparison and this even more beady Zazz is just so lively.

Speaking of the Zeti though, they were a little eh here for inherent reasons I'll get to in a minute. The values dissonance displayed here is the sorta thing to yearn for in the games given how out of place you would assume they are. It only risked being brought down a tad when it comes to how Zavok specifically has been handled this arc--this is the third time he's come across as either out of touch or simply nubile about something. It works better here than with the citizen from the town Zazz attacked, so perhaps it's case where removing that instance and maybe giving a bit more of a leg in his strategy with Zik would've helped. Also, I notice the comic seem to quite like Zeena, not that I'm complaining--she sucked so hard in Lost World in part because she had nothing to add to the story and her little exchange with Zik was natural with how she's potentially the most normal of the Zeti in addition to being the first time we see them interact outside of Sonic and Zavok.

Now for the actual meat and potatoes of this issue's plot and resulting letdown: despite the arc being called Zeti Hunt(a different complaint), the Deadly Six are little more than a distraction for Dr. Starline to sneak in and take Belle for research purposes. I realize they were mostly the stars of the previous issue and so putting a chunk of the focus elsewhere this time is fair, but it also means Starlight once again steals an arc that had nothing to do with him while both Team Chaotix and to an extent Team Jewel(?) don't get to do much. At the very least, him butting in established earlier with less going on this time and him giving Belle a vaguely molesty look in next issue's cover makes logical sense now.

Not gonna lie, I got my wires crossed last time: I remembered the Zeti's plan and somehow assumed they were heading to Sonic's location, even though we actually saw them attacking Orchardville afterwards and it was made clear that Zavok was about to let two soldiers go warn HQ after stepping on the tree they were pinned under. Also, what a hilarious whiplash their intro in this issue was--walking away from flaming runaway trucks like badasses, then complaining about a glorified mall while bystanders just give them funny, not at all alarmed looks.

Belle's biggest issue is that she's an extremely passive character; she's not a go-getter like Tangle, and not driven by tragedy like Whisper, and her whole mystery subplot was resolved in the second story arc she was featured in. So she's kind of has nothing motivating her right now at the moment. Being a passive-character isn't necessarily a bad thing if they have someone else to bounce off of, but Belle doesn't for the most part. She had a little something with Tails and Tangle in the last two arcs, but they haven't really followed up on that.

And now she's essentially a plot device to push Starline into action, which isn't really an enticing role because the focus is more on Starline's actions than who Belle is.

So Belle really just needs something to motivate her into action, and what kind of niche she can fit in. Maybe she can take up Tinker's old job in Windmill Village, in a way to carry on the legacy of the man she knew as her father and not Eggman. I dunno. 

• Thumbs Up 9

On 7/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, Slashy said:

Can someone please explain how Sonic's world being

Hide contents

a peaceful place with no conflict aside from threats related to Eggman

is good world building?

On 7/21/2021 at 2:22 AM, Slashy said:

Hide contents

Yeah but don't establish it as an actual thing. You are kind of going out of your way to make the world feel small doing that.

It's less world building and more a bit of perspective for the Deadly Six.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, dbzfan7 said:

Outside of Starline and Sonic I kinda just slogged through this one. So instead of repeating complaints about the 6 I'll move on to what I liked. I'm curious as to what Starline's endgame is as well as his need to be different. I think it's an interesting way to go with him. What use Belle can be I have no idea. I wouldn't think of any but surely there is something. I'm still more interested in what the Tails sample he got will be used for. He brought it up again so it's not forgotten.

Sonic grabbed my attention too just with how he is SOOOO DONE with this shit. Like damn it looked like he was cursing in his head and just had enough. Maybe the back to back stuff is taking a toll on him and we might get some angry Sonic hero stuff. Who knows. I'd love to see him beat the crap out of the 6 to the point he has to be told to be stop that they're beaten.

That's a good question.

Like, we know he wants to improve on Eggman's efforts and the two enforcers are likely retools of the trio he was originally a part of, but what strategy and game mechanic will he use once he had them?

On 7/21/2021 at 10:17 AM, Tomboyish Mermaid said:

This issue was alright, I kinda liked the SA-pose Zeena did in that one panel. But besides that, I still have no real clue in which direction the comic is going now.   

On 7/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, charmsb said:

I'd love to talk about important writing/worldbuilding issues, but I'm far too distracted by

Hide contents

271366020_Screenshot2021-07-21at1_30_27PM.png.af09f63b5438d87d0080485e11612d18.png

I love this.

Oh, they knew exactly what they were doing.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic #42. It's.... fine I guess? It has a whiff of a mid-arc filler, but I'm not annoyed by this.

Few disconnected thoughts

- Yardley is better than I remember. I kinda grew to think that he started new era back in Archie 160 with quality art, but also I that he's been since out-shined by likes of AB Thomas or Skelly. But this issue is really nice, like Sonic boost, or Zeti entrance.

- ).

That's probably because he took a long break and thus came at this good and rested.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Which brings me to spoilers

Hide contents

- I'm kinda annoyed that Sonic got there in minutes. I mean, we spent so much focus on clever plan of misdirection.... for pretty much nothing.  Before they burned down two villages, now they barely broke few windows.

- Ugh, Starline and Belle again? I just complained that Zavok is back too soon. See what I mean when I complain that world feels small? I honestly expect Mimic and Skunk duo to return by #50.
But hey, I did wanted more subplots, so maybe I should shut it.

Honestly, they tend to be used  less anyway, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:42 AM, Slashy said:

GUN is present in Rush. It is human world. Also I wanted a new major villain besides Eggman. Maybe not someone as big as him, but certainly way bigger than low threat crooks like what you mentioned.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, Kazhnuz said:

Rush have GUN, but TBH it's up to them to decide if it's human or animal world. I kinda prefer having it animal world and saying that the warship was here because reason, as it works better with the "feeling"/"the big picture" of the game.

I don't think that saying that the world is peacefull doesn't mean that they can be new big threat. Even if the world is largely peaceful and the people gentle, it doesn't mean that a third big threat to this world is impossible (Starline could even become that with time, if he manage to do his project). Or they could awaken one day an ancient "magic" evil or something like that. I mean, it could also even be that some people are tired of these new threat trying to destroy everything and would decide to create something "stronger" that the restoration/resistance and create some kind of fascist militia trying to take over the world to save them.

I don't think that this lore element will really forbid getting a new threat : it'll all depend of if or when they find that they need one for their stories. For the moment, they have the Belle story (i'm pretty sure that the 50 arc will be related to Belle) and some plots to tie, but maybe later they'll decide to get a new big threat.

Considering this is long after Tails discovered the dimensional rift and right before things get worse, it's safe to say it simply got swept up in it and taken over by Dr. Nega.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Jack-al said:

I thought this issue was mostly lame and dull, to be honest, I get that these characters are supposed to be the big focus in "season 3" but it definitely feels repetitive, and do we really need filler at this point? After last arc was spent on 3 action issues leading to Belle's obvious revelation, this feels like more waiting, I kinda want more interesting stuff to happen.

And yeah the "conflict after conflict" also gets boring quickly, I am so ready for the girls camping adventure lol, at least there will be fun interactions and something different, but I am also kinda bored of waiting for the next arc because the current one gets boring very soon. Idk but quality has definitely dropped since the Metal Virus season, it's hard to write consistently good books I guess but, just give me more variety in storytelling and cast.

Who, Starline, Zavok, or Belle?

On 7/21/2021 at 12:02 PM, Wraith said:
  Hide contents

I think the moment where the characters realize they've been duped is good, but Sonic manages to get back so quickly that it ends up not mattering that much. Would have been cool to see the girls hold their own for a bit.

That might be a bit o "Telling the audience the plan" syndrome.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:02 PM, Wraith said:

I don't get the part where Zavok tries to talk up how different Mobius is from the lost hex. They are functionally the same, from what we've seen. Who exactly were the deadly six fighting on their world? eachother?

A question for the ages

On 7/21/2021 at 1:08 PM, SBR2 said:
  Hide contents

I mean...it's not like the majority of the overall arc of season 3 is about Belle or anything. 

I don't know it seems like a weird criticism to go "the story that's about this character has too much of the character in it" to me.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, Slashy said:

It certainly seems like it is. She has been really overused

I wonder if it's less of her being overused and more of her being hyperpresent.