Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:38 PM, Tornado said:

"It's the Sonic fandom. Everything that reaches the stunning heights of mediocrity should be celebrated."

Call me easily pleased but I'd take a fun comic that maybe doesn't have the heaviest story over Years of "Deepest Lore" and Melodrama again. I just want to read about Sonic and his various friends having adventures. I don't need anything deeper than that.

If Sonic can't be "bogged down" by the Freedom Fighters, I don't see why Amy and Knuckles (esp. Knuckles who has no reason to be tagging behind Sonic the whole time) should be given a pass

It's almost like there's some kind of bias because those characters are from the games and therefore "Count" unlike those stupid Comics characters that nobody possibly cares about.

But that can't be because we no that no Sonic Fans are biased.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Boom Knuckles and Boom Amy are more or less OCs even if considering that Sonic Boom was supposed to be a reboot. Having to make Knuckles into another character just for him to follow Sonic around thanks to the echidna being so adored doesn't really help with the point that Knuckles should have other things to do than be another of Sonic's sidekicks.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Almar said:

Boom Knuckles and Boom Amy are more or less OCs even if considering that Sonic Boom was supposed to be a reboot. Having to make Knuckles into another character just for him to follow Sonic around thanks to the echidna being so adored doesn't really help with the point that Knuckles should have other things to do than be another of Sonic's sidekicks.

Yeah, while you can sorta make the case that Amy is simply a more mature version of herself, Knuckles just straight up could be a different character 85% of the time.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Why do people think it's the Forces aftermath? They would've said as much if it was for one thing and for another only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are involved in this arc. There's no mention of the other Sega characters who were in that game like Team Chaotix, Team Dark or Silver, even though they were all talking about cleaning up at the end of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait so is that all 4 issues in one cause 15 for ONE sounds hnmg lol

I'm sure by issue 4 they will reveal some new character or characters but 1-3 I bet focus on the main norm characters aka sonic. Tails. Amy. Knuckles. Eggman

6 minutes ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

Unless the individual issues are much shorter than Archie's, I don't think 96 pages = 4 issues.

Huh. Well.. four is the usual amount is these kinds of things isn't it? Maybe they are shorter. Or.. just the first arc itself is short.

4 hours ago, Almar said:

DEyOJwwUwAErKK0?format=jpg

Not that such observations went unnoticed...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

"Do you like the wilderness?"

"Well, that's what it says in the bio...."

Say what you will about the design or the personality change, Boom!Knuckles gets many of the best lines.

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Wouldn’t be any complaining if a certain Team behind things were actually consistent about it post-SA2.

• Nice Smile 1

Ugh I really we hope we DON'T get meta jokes like that in the comic. It's a very good way to make me stop caring about the world itself.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, while you can sorta make the case that Amy is simply a more mature version of herself

She's not supposed to be mature. She was introduced as another tagalong kid who Sonic avoids, got updated to be older but still a fangirl, and was actively taking part as an adventurer from Adventure 2 onward but was still a flighty fangirl.

Like I said, might as well have been an OC. Or even just Sally.

4 hours ago, Almar said:

She's not supposed to be mature. She was introduced as another tagalong kid who Sonic avoids, got updated to be older but still a fangirl, and was actively taking part as an adventurer from Adventure 2 onward but was still a flighty fangirl.

Like I said, might as well have been an OC. Or even just Sally.

That's why I said VERSION of herself. In a different universe. Within a subseries. Designating that this is a slightly different interpretation and, in my relatively neutral opinion, a great update that finds an interesting middle-ground for her character.

Also,  you should just know by now that the primary trait of her original incarnation--being a girl that is somewhat obsessively in love with Sonic--has been very downplayed in favor of other, more substantial characterization. If you personally don't like and/or can't accept that, then that's you.

Plus, she's honestly more Amy than Boom!Knuckles is Knuckles, hence why I half-agreed to an extent.

10 hours ago, Conquering Slay-bell Storm said:

Wouldn’t be any complaining if a certain Team behind things were actually consistent about it post-SA2.

The Ginyu Force?

• Chuckle 1

14 hours ago, dylan tix said:

Why do people think it's the Forces aftermath? They would've said as much if it was for one thing and for another only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are involved in this arc. There's no mention of the other Sega characters who were in that game like Team Chaotix, Team Dark or Silver, even though they were all talking about cleaning up at the end of the game.

I think because there's mention of Villages being under siege. Sounds kinda Forcesy to me anyway.

Unless the individual issues are much shorter than Archie's, I don't think 96 pages = 4 issues.

Well if each issue is 20 pages the first arc would be 80 pages total, right? So maybe the rest are for a Cover gallery. IDW tends to do that in their trades.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I think because there's mention of Villages being under siege. Sounds kinda Forcesy to me anyway.

Well if each issue is 20 pages the first arc would be 80 pages total, right? So maybe the rest are for a Cover gallery. IDW tends to do that in their trades.

Do IDW graphic novels not usually bother with bonus features like concept art pages?

1 hour ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

Do IDW graphic novels not usually bother with bonus features like concept art pages?

Well The first Transformers Trade has some. The Hardcover Angel: After The Fall collections have interviews and Script Excerpts. That's basically all my experience with IDW Trades TBH.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Jack said:

We are almost at 100 pages of discussing no news.

Yep, and i'm sure we'll get to 200 in no time as soon as the first solicitations are revealed.

• Nice Smile 1

"No news"

>First five issue release dates

>First graphic novel with solicit giving a vague idea of the plot

Sounds like news to me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1