Awoo.

Sonic Mania Vinyl - Now Pre-Orderable!

Gemster312

Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that the Sonic Mania Vinyl is now available to order!

https://data-discs.com/products/sonic-mania

It comes in 3 versions:

-Classic Black
-Translucent Blue
-Limited Edition Color Splatter

NOTE: The limited edition is only available for the next 52 hours (this was posted at 00:00 PST Saturday 7/22/17, so it ends at 04:00 PST Monday 7/24/17)

Price: £19.99 + (£9.80 International Shipping or £5.00 Local Shipping)

International Price in Dollars: ~$38.79 Total

EDIT: The Vinyl comes with 16 Tracks (not full OST). They are all hand-picked by Tee Lopes 

Enjoy!

Cover_and_Splatter_Record.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

And done! For us Brits, the shipping cost is £5. The total cost should be £24.99. Now all I need is a record player...

• Thumbs Up 1

We only have to fill in 3 weeks before Sonic Mania arrives. 3 weeks... TOO LONG, DAMN IT! Must... find... something to do...

Don't think this has been pointed out, but we may have just got a big hint of the number of zones in Mania. The LP will have "16 new tracks by composer Tee Lopes"! If we subtract miniboss, boss, hard-boiled heavy, title screen, menu, invincibiliy, final boss and credits, we get 8 new zone tracks, which would indicate either 8 or 4 new zones. Of course, how 'new' is interpreted changes everything. For example, new could mean an unheard track. We can also safely rule out there being only 16 tracks on the album, since that just doesn't make sense mathematically.

EDIT: Turns out this has been spotted in other threads. Man, I wish we could just go back to the megathread system...

Edited by andrew2
Ninja

Mega threads stink for recalling information. This thread ought to just be merged into the pre-existing soundtrack thread.

I went ahead and bought all three versions (along with the red Streets of Rage vinyl). Looking forward to framing and displaying them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

And done! For us Brits, the shipping cost is £5. The total cost should be £24.99. Now all I need is a record player...

They come with digital copies so you don't need a record player scratching these beauties.

Ah, good point. Cheers! Soon I'll have something to listen to on the way to work!

Welp, just placed my order. The included lossless soundtrack and the fact that the limited version was only available for 2 days were the final pushes that got me to order. 

Now all I need to do is save up for an amplifier for my player :V Oh and to hope that it's packaged very well because I've heard horror stories of vinyls breaking in the post.

Ordered mine first thing this morning, ordered the Translucent Blue Version, didn't care too much for the Special Edition. Another nice piece to add to the collection :)

12 hours ago, andrew2 said:

Don't think this has been pointed out, but we may have just got a big hint of the number of zones in Mania. The LP will have "16 new tracks by composer Tee Lopes"! If we subtract miniboss, boss, hard-boiled heavy, title screen, menu, invincibiliy, final boss and credits, we get 8 new zone tracks, which would indicate either 8 or 4 new zones. Of course, how 'new' is interpreted changes everything. For example, new could mean an unheard track. We can also safely rule out there being only 16 tracks on the album, since that just doesn't make sense mathematically.

EDIT: Turns out this has been spotted in other threads. Man, I wish we could just go back to the megathread system...

According to the Data Disks twitter it looks like Tee Lopes chose 16 particular tracks he wants on the Vinyl.

Updated OP to mention this.

Guess this isn't much of a hint anymore :P

So now its a question of whether 16 tracks are ones that are in the game or if there are some bonus ones that aren't in there too.

• 4 weeks later...

We now have a list of the tracks included (which I've put in a spoiler tag because it details the zone names). The zone music is just from the new stages:

Spoiler

DHShHovWsAENorV.jpg

Also:

• Thumbs Up 3

All of those are great tracks, though it's a shame it doesn't include the remixes for returning zones. Namely

Spoiler

All three version of Stardust Speedway which are probably the best tracks in the game (by my estimation at least.)

Edit: You know, now that I think about it, you could pick pretty much any selection of tracks from Mania and I'd be all over it, I don't think there's a single bad song. TeeLopes smashed that ball so far out of the park, that fucker is in orbit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Second part with Classic remixes. I'll buy all three editions again.

kthnxbye

Did tee lopes not compose the alternate opening theme that plays or is it supposed to be the title screen theme?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried to download this to my phone, but I can't get it to play. It won't appear in my music app. I have an Xperia, for the record. 

29 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Does it not have all the tracks in the game. Sort.of a let down.

There's only so much that you can physically fit on to a vinyl LP. There's a very limited amount of space. It was only every said to be a selection of tracks anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

There's only so much that you can physically fit on to a vinyl LP. There's a very limited amount of space. It was only every said to be a selection of tracks anyway. 

So then, should have made it a double-LP.

9 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

There's always the possibility of  second volume of the powers that be want to do one. The main issue is licensing - we all know that there are licensing complications with the Classic soundtracks. SEGA have to provide royalties for the S1 and S2 soundtracks in particular, with Masato Nakamura even being  credited in Mania, Generations and every every other title where his work appears. All of the tracks on this LP are entirely new and were  composed for Mania. It would be harder, although not impossible, to get the rest approved. I think we're more likely to see the rest of the soundtrack made available on CD/digital purchases though.

• Thumbs Up 2

More than anything else, I hope we get an expanded release because it seems Tee Lopes composed proper endings for all his original tracks and they're very cool.  As such, Egg Reverie's absence from this selection is SORELY felt.  I'd have traded the regular final boss theme for that or even Skyway Octane, good as they are.  Also would've traded the Main Menu theme for the Credits theme.  At the very least, considering no further licensing would be required, I wish the missing original tracks were included on the digital download.

Judging by the social media uploads of Stardust Speedway and Lava Reef though, it seems Tee Lopes didn't bother composing "endings" for the remix tracks, presumebly because he knew they were unlikely to bother with licensing them for a soundtrack release.  If they never get an official release I can live with it, it's the same experience as the game rips in that case.

Of final note, Mirage Saloon Act 2 always felt like the "Act 1 theme" in the sense that we heard it first, and Tee Lopes even said he composed it first then based the Act 1 themes off of it.  That lovely ending segment to Act 2 sounds like what I could imagine the "Act 2" version sounding like in a world where Act 2 WAS Act 1's theme.  That is to say I want a full song of it aaa.

23 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

This sounds very simple on paper but consider that this is already a frivolity for the team and a luxury item for purchasers.  Making it a double LP set would have automatically doubled the cost of production and thus, likely, purchase.