Awoo.

Sonic Forces DLC possibly confirmed?

Graystripe2000

14 minutes ago, Reficul said:

Can't wait for the pre-order exclusive 25 lives pack DLC.

There aren't any lives in Sonic Forces.

Anyways, assuming there is DLC, I wonder if it's gonna be costumes for the OC.

• Thumbs Up 9

I could see some extra species being available through DLC, which I personally think would be sweet. Hopefully, that will happen for this game. New costumes would be nice, too.

• Thumbs Up 5

21 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

There aren't any lives in Sonic Forces.

Anyways, assuming there is DLC, I wonder if it's gonna be costumes for the OC.

I hope its costumes for all the character. Having optional costumes as DLC is a concept from SA2 that I happen to really like-- its a good way of giving people who want to be able to purchase additional features something cool and interesting without completely screwing over people who don't want or can't afford to make DLC purchases. Plus the Halloween costumes were really good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing as there were Sonic themed costumes in Phantasy Star Online 2, Hatsune Miku and other Sega properties, I can see this being a 2-way street. Classic Sega themed items for the Avatar? 

Give me Freedom Fighter Skins for the character creators SEGA and I will take away 90% of the bad things I've said about you.

Also Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Blaze & Silver as playable DLC chars.

*those things probably won't happen but if they did I would explode from happiness*

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep archie character skins far away from the game line now.

That said i would not mind miku skins seeing as pso does sonic mix ups every year, maybe pso, and other sega property outfits down the lie

I'd honestly rather have some new level DLC over skins. Prettying up the character is nice and all but I always feel like skins and avatar option are bottom of the barrel tier DLC that is just there to tide people over without providing anything substantial.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing items of clothing for the custom character as pre-order DLC at the very least. Urgh...

• Thumbs Up 3

SEGA-themed accessories actually doesn't sound too far-fetched. Hell, in one of the screenshots a cat wears boots that have a logo of MegaDrive.

I would love actual new stages though. I would've been okay for cosmetic DLC in an online game, not in a purely single-player game.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing items of clothing for the custom character as pre-order DLC at the very least. Urgh...

you act as if thats a new thing.

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

It kinda is for this series at least (though I guess RoL did It too).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MegasonicZX said:

True for sonic series yes but in general to games these days, not so much. I think DOA does it the worst lol

3 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Main Sonic games haven't had much of a presence in the current gen yet. Mania and Forces will be Sonic's first PS4/Xbox One game, and obviously the first Switch game.

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

lol what

I'm acting as though menial pre-order DLC is a shitty industry standard, and Forces is probably going to roll with it. Boom did it, Lost World did it, Generations did it, and those are just Sonic games. Forces is ripe for it with the character customisation.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Blue Blood said:

lol what

I'm acting as though menial pre-order DLC is a shitty industry standard, and Forces is probably going to roll with it. 

That is what im saying. you can gripe on it all you want but its a standard now. Just like when Nintendo said they were going to start charging for online this fall/now early 2018. people flipped and im sitting like. well yea anyone could have told you they wanted to jump on that extra case flow

16 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That is what im saying. you can gripe on it all you want but its a standard now. Just like when Nintendo said they were going to start charging for online this fall/now early 2018. people flipped and im sitting like. well yea anyone could have told you they wanted to jump on that extra case flow

Well no, you're comparing apples and oranges here. Charging for online is a necessity as it continues to become a bigger part of gaming as service. But withholding content from players unless they pre-order (often from a specific retailer) is shitty and unnecessary. I don't get what your point is here.

At any rate, we're only taking theoreticals here. 

• Thumbs Up 7

42 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Well no, you're comparing apples and oranges here. Charging for online is a necessity as it continues to become a bigger part of gaming as service. But withholding content from players unless they pre-order (often from a specific retailer) is shitty and unnecessary. I don't get what your point is here.

At any rate, we're only taking theoreticals here. 

Its cause they want to see how many people will go and buy the game. Alllllllllmost all companies do it. Destiny, Uncharted, Streefighter, tekken, Injustice, star wars, dragon ball, resident evil, final fantasy. Acting surprised is just not common now. Or even to get mad over it. Give a place 5 dollars and get the content that will go toward the final price. No ones locked out, they just need to pre-order, and if they do not get ot oh well. A costume will not end the world.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Its cause they want to see how many people will go and buy the game. Alllllllllmost all companies do it. Destiny, Uncharted, Streefighter, tekken, Injustice, star wars, dragon ball, resident evil, final fantasy. Acting surprised is just not common now. Or even to get mad over it. Give a place 5 dollars and get the content that will go toward the final price. No ones locked out, they just need to pre-order, and if they do not get ot oh well. A costume will not end the world.

1. Nobody is surprised, nor mad for that matter (except you, by the looks of it).

2. Anyone who doesn't want to/can't pick up the game at launch gets locked out of the content.

3. Retailer, platform and edition exclusives have gotten out of hand:watch%20dogs%20release%20chart.jpg

Dude, stop it. I said that I dislike pre-order DLC/bonuses. I'm allowed to say that. They're not the biggest deal in the world, but they're still an issue. And aren't we supposed to be taking about Forces here?

• Thumbs Up 9

29 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

1. Nobody is surprised, nor mad for that matter (except you, by the looks of it).

2. Anyone who doesn't want to/can't pick up the game at launch gets locked out of the content.

3. Retailer, platform and edition exclusives have gotten out of hand:watch%20dogs%20release%20chart.jpg

Dude, stop it. I said that I dislike pre-order DLC/bonuses. I'm allowed to say that. They're not the biggest deal in the world, but they're still an issue. And aren't we supposed to be taking about Forces here?

I am talking about forces and as you said I can *like/gotten over the* idea of paid dlc. I am not mad rofl I got 20 preorders at gamestop, 4 on amazon.  Its been years since its started and hurts no one. If forces releases costumes or even stages in the future behind a preorder fans can either get on board or sit at the  bus stop and be mad about it. Industry chages all the time.

But if you want back on top

I hope they include stage dlc alongside costume dlc. maybe future animals. and hell id throwdown for a season pass. Do it Sega.

It'd be cool if the DLC allowed you to play as the characters on Eggman's Sinister Six

I expect some accessory packs for the Custom Hero. Yeah, I'm keeping my expectations low.

• Thumbs Up 2