Awoo.

Sonic Forces DLC possibly confirmed?

Graystripe2000

DLC should be one of two things, for me:

A. Completely inconsequential

B. Big, big enough to warrant paying a significant amount for. Even if it's the same price overall, I'd rather see 10 full stages for $60 than 10 individual levels at $6 each.

• Thumbs Up 6

A $10.00 video montage of Sonic getting thrown against/into walls by the villians because for some reason thats been a thing off & on since Sonic 06.

Poor guy is gonna get a concussion one of these days. 

• Thumbs Up 5

...Why would something like that cost 10$....?

Even then, I'm pretty sure it only happened twice.

If it's a fun little montage, then it should be very cheap like 99 cents or free.

What we REALLY need is a montage of Sonic faceplanting to the ground.

• Thumbs Up 3

As a Chinese sonic fan (Excuse me for my poor English), I feel the action of Oriental Pearl Media is a bit 'naive'. They just want to attract more attention on Sonic in my country, so they need to use everything which can amuse the Chinese gamers, including DLC. So I think DLC-agreement is not real.

Actually, the Sonic franchise in China is pretty small (but actually it has, about 100 members, I think). Every time, my friends and I need to use VPN to browse Twitter and Youtube (They are blocked in China) and translate the news in our website (Well, some of sonic fans even didn't know what is TSS and TSSZ, honestly). 

SEGA really want to expand sonic brand in the global, especially in Chinese market. That's a clever move. However, personally, the Chinese company know little about it, only its potential business (to make money). 

So, Sonic brand face quite a lot of challenges in my country. SEGA need to try harder.

• Thumbs Up 6

16 minutes ago, Knuxsam said:

As a Chinese sonic fan (Excuse me for my poor English), I feel the action of Oriental Pearl Media is a bit 'naive'. They just want to attract more attention on Sonic in my country, so they need to use everything which can amuse the Chinese gamers, including DLC. So I think DLC-agreement is not real.

Actually, the Sonic franchise in China is pretty small (but actually it has, about 100 members, I think). Every time, my friends and I need to use VPN to browse Twitter and Youtube (They are blocked in China) and translate the news in our website (Well, some of sonic fans even didn't know what is TSS and TSSZ, honestly). 

SEGA really want to expand sonic brand in the global, especially in Chinese market. That's a clever move. However, personally, the Chinese company know little about it, only its potential business (to make money). 

So, Sonic brand face quite a lot of challenges in my country. SEGA need to try harder.

I get what your saying. Trying to market on a global scale is tough. Each market operates differently and the products and dlc you sell have to attract to that  market. Thats why some countries get some things others do not.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

I get what your saying. Trying to market on a global scale is tough. Each market operates differently and the products and dlc you sell have to attract to that  market. Thats why some countries get some things others do not.

Yep, that's what I talking about.

I'd hope for full blown character skins as DLC for the custom character. People would pay the 2.99 to play as Shadow or Metal or Blaze or whoever. I'm shocked that Sonic Team hasn't taken advantage of this in the last few games, however with the custom characters "joe everyman" playstyle there really isn't much of a limitation as to who you could cram in his place. Its just a model swap and a voice over set. Easy Money.

EASY MONEY.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Give me Freedom Fighter Skins for the character creators SEGA and I will take away 90% of the bad things I've said about you.

Also Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Blaze & Silver as playable DLC chars.

*those things probably won't happen but if they did I would explode from happiness*

If you want that kind of thing buy the pc version will surely have mod of the characters of SatAM without mentioning that it will have more content created by the community.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Knuxsam said:

I know how you feel. Video games don't even get released here in my country (besides digital), so it's not always easy. I feel like I'm literally the only Sonic fan in my country, or at least I'm the oldest fan here as I'm sure some kids like Sonic thanks to his mobile games.

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

That is what im saying. you can gripe on it all you want but its a standard now. Just like when Nintendo said they were going to start charging for online this fall/now early 2018. people flipped and im sitting like. well yea anyone could have told you they wanted to jump on that extra case flow

Something becoming standard and benal doesn't excuse it being shitty 

Ok, so I try to find the thread about the content related Sonic Forces DLC.

5973f5a5891aa_QQ20170723020035.thumb.png.7ac2ccf6dbab58cfc6f79aaec23a814f.png

The image above is adapted from a business website in my country. The reason why I quote this one is that this is from an official business announcement.

http://www.cfi.net.cn/p20170720002362.html

About DLC, it said 'related' DLC in the period of the agreement, which means 'DLC' is a possible thing to have, but not sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Something becoming standard and benal doesn't excuse it being shitty 

It can be shitty but it can still come regardless.  I want costumes and I'll pay for them

If you want them and wanna support it, go for it, more power to you. Just don't act annoyed or surprised when people express their right to be annoyed by their inclusion in a product.

48 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I know how you feel. Video games don't even get released here in my country (besides digital), so it's not always easy. I feel like I'm literally the only Sonic fan in my country, or at least I'm the oldest fan here as I'm sure some kids like Sonic thanks to his mobile games.

Maybe I am a bit luckier. I am really glad Sonic Forces is the first Sonic games Chinese customized.

if DLC happens, it's probably gonna be one of the following:

1. extra items for the custom hero
  2. more species for the custom hero
  3. a boss rush mode
  4. harder versions of story mode levels
  5. new levels (unlikely)
Edited by blueblur98
did an oops