Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Behind The Scenes SDCC Panel Topic

Zippo

I figured I would go ahead and make a general topic for the Sonic Mania panel, kind of like a liveblog.

.PANEL (SATURDAY) 
If you’re looking to learn more about Sonic Mania, then the “Sonic Mania: Behind the Scenes” panel is where you’ll want to be! The panel will take place on Saturday, July 22nd from 7:30pm to 8:30pm in Convention Center Room 24ABC and will feature Takashi Iizuka (head of Sonic Team), Christian Whitehead (developer for Sonic Mania), Simon Thomley (programmer for Sonic Mania), Tom Fry (artist for Sonic Mania), and Tee Lopes (composer for Sonic Mania). Moderated by Aaron Webber (social media manager for Sonic), the panelists will discuss the road to development behind Sonic Mania and share new insights about the game releasing on August 15th."

A recorded version will go up tomorrow, as live streams are not allowed. 

Starting in less than an hour. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888954028532441091

"Eggman is heavily depressed after Sonic 3"

WHAT,???

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888954207083966468

Hard Boiled Heavies are indeed going rougue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888954561917886465

Length is comparable to S3&K

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888955881705979905

Video is allowed? Eggman boss from Flying Battery

• Thumbs Up 3

@Zippoplease don't spoil the fact that there is a

Spoiler

CD style opening

In the game when making the topic

I remember some people liked the idea of having it be a surprise and tbh I wish I hadn't seen it either

Edit: DANG IT @Zippo

CHANGETHETITLECHANGETHETITLE

16 minutes ago, Zippo said:

New track called Dimension Heist will premiere this weekend. 

Somebody did say that this was connected to sonic forces.

Nice to know that yes his real name ia indeed still Ivo Robotnik, even if he's been called Eggman so many times its what he's started calling himself XD.

Also can't wait to see Tyson Hesse's animated opening!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=244231021

Here's a final wrap up of new info. 

5 - 2nd revision whats egg man do after K? He falls into depression, no will to fight Sonic, goes back to base in pajamas, what happened to all the bad nicks after he left? Then 3 words, Hard Boiled Heavies.

Please let this appear in the opening cutscene. XD

4 - Length longer than 1, 2, 3 and K. Compatible [comparable] to 3&K, more modes. We will be happy with length.

Not unexpected, but nice to hear confirmation that it's similar to 3&K in length. Maybe 5 new and 7 old? We'll see.

12 - Super Emeralds. Izuka doesn't want a power creep to keep one upping themselves. So no Super Emeralds any more.

Sounds good. Now give me one of those instructions booklets, please.

Now that it's over, I have to say I expected a bit more, at least a new level. I understand they want to keep as much a secret as possible, but it was the perfect moment to reveal the Sonic 3 level. But hey, at least we're just 22 days away. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, molul said:

Now that it's over, I have to say I expected a bit more, at least a new level. I understand they want to keep as much a secret as possible, but it was the perfect moment to reveal the Sonic 3 level. But hey, at least we're just 22 days away. 

Well, we did kind of get a new reveal, or at least new information on the cathedral. We now know that its ice/snow + japan themed. This also kind of states that the Sonic 3 level is most likely Hydrocity.

Yeah but it's not the same without gameplay -_-U At least they could have shown 30s of the special stage gameplay.

So glad we didn't get any footage from this, we are literally just 3 weeks away now from launch. The tidbits are more than enough to keep me curious until it's released.

Heard literally everything I need to know to be convinced that this game is going to be nothing short of remarkable. Nothing feels like a tired old retreat, exactly what I was hoping for. Sega's influence with everything has been far better than I anticipated - really hope they use this game to shape the future quality of Sonic. 

Iizuka saying to Whitehead, basicilly kinda floored, "I have many questions..." is pretty damn awesome.

You guys should watch the whole thing. It's really good!

We're getting a launch trailer on 14 Aug as well as the animated intro.

All of the Hard Boiled Heavies are going to be revealed on 15 Aug.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really enjoyed that. 

Too bad the game will already be out early, spoiled wide open and streamed by then. 

4 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

You guys should watch the whole thing. It's really good!

We'll getting a launch trailer on 14 Aug as well as the animated intro.

All of the Hard Boiled Heavies are going to be revealed on 15 Aug.

When they say the HBH will all be revealed on August 15th I'm not sure they mean they'll show all the artwork for them or they mean "you'll see them in the game on August 15th" so in other words you'll see them for yourself 

You know, Whitehead reminds me of the Beatles, what with his looks/style and all...

He's retro to his core and I love him for that, be it by purpose or coincidence.

Stay groovy man, stay groovy.

tenor.gif

Christian Whitehead - Post Mania Launch

Lol I think that is me in the left of the video with the cheeseburger backpack. Had no idea there was filming going on. 

• Chuckle 1