Awoo.

Sonic Mania Opening Style Confirmed

Zippo

Helelelekrlrklrg yes!!!! 

This game is gonna top sonic cd and 3&k!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone edit the title to remove the specifics, please? I already spoiled it for myself before the thread, sadly, but since we're getting so close to the release date for Mania and with the Megathreads being closed up, having details that technically count as spoilers for some like this, flat out in the titles and everything, it strikes me as a bit inconsiderate towards those casually browsing SSMB but want to stay in the dark about specific game news.

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Can someone edit the title to remove the specifics, please? I already spoiled it for myself before the thread, sadly, but since we're getting so close to the release date for Mania and with the Megathreads being closed up, having details that technically count as spoilers for some like this, flat out in the titles and everything, it strikes me as a bit inconsiderate towards those casually browsing SSMB but want to stay in the dark about specific game news.

I'm not really sure what the title could be edited to to remove the spoiler while still having any indication of what it's about...

Given how it was officially revealed to the public at Comic Con, I'll let the mods decide whether or not it's a spoiler. 

Just now, Diogenes said:

I'm not really sure what the title could be edited to to remove the spoiler while still having any indication of what it's about...

Could just say "Sonic Mania opening information" or something like that really, it still is a bit presuming and most could probably connect 2 and 2, but still 

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

True, but if that is the case, maybe there should be a Spoiler central topic for it instead, like other major releases have on forums? I mean it's not like there are any crucial plot twists or character reveals in a classic Sonic game. This kind of information is it's bread and butter.

I wouldn't consider it's existence a spoiler. I'd consider the cutscene itself a spoiler.

The only thing left to sort out are the folks who doubted that there'd be one based off of the games file size. 

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

I wouldn't consider it's existence a spoiler. I'd consider the cutscenes itself a spoiler.

The only thing left to sort out are the folks who doubted that there'd be one based off of the games file size. 

I guess, but I can realize there is some fraction of people out there who were trying to remain as clueless as possible about Mania and they could be really pleasantly surprised by the fact of it's existence when they get the game itself 

Not to mention the writing was on the wall for this was all over the place.

You couldn't causally browse the SSMB without seeing that animated snippet from a few months back.

Well I specifically recall several people on this forum, after assuming that CD styled intros were a given, saying that being surprised by there being a CD styled intro would have been the coolest thing to them. And since they "deconfirmed" it a while ago, technically this still counts as a surprise, as a lot of people weren't expecting it again.

You have to consider that this isn't exactly a Sonic Mania focused forum. People on a Mania blackout may still want all the info on Forces, want to keep up with the news on the comic, or the like. It's not comparable to, say, neogaf, but I'd say it's somewhere inbetween that and a dedicated board when it comes to seeing specific details spread out across the recent topic list in big bold letters.

5 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Not to mention the writing was on the wall for this was all over the place.

You couldn't causally browse the SSMB without seeing that animated snippet from a few months back.

But does that mean it should be allowed now, when we're so close to release and already know so much about it otherwise? And just take a "Well they're doing it, so it can't be helped" mentality?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

But does that mean it should be allowed now, when we're so close to release and already know so much about it otherwise? And just take a "Well they're doing it, so it can't be helped" mentality?

That was something that was front paged news'd months ago. If anything, that should make it safe to talk about now. Otherwise we'd be embargoing ourselves from mentioning FBZ or CPZ.

2 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That was something that was front paged news'd months ago. If anything, that should make it safe to talk about now. Otherwise we'd be embargoing ourselves from mentioning FBZ or CPZ.

Well, a lot of people complained about Chemical Plant Zone, as well. *shrug* A lot of people felt they were revealing too much at that point, past the "keeping a lot of the game a surprise" promise they heard of, and we're disappointed as a result.

I know a lot of people don't like it when everything is considered a Spoiler, and they have to tread ground carefully for no real reason from their point of view, I get that. But if chemical plant was any indication, people aren't assuming this forum as a guaranteed spoiler zone, of all things. And it's not like sectioning off specific stuff into spoiler categories close to release has ever been a bad thing for other major releases, or anything. It's kinda irritating to see it mentioned for something you don't consider a Spoiler, yeah. But a little tact implemented in the system isn't that bad when considering the userbase, is it?

Can I just say that it's really great we're getting more animation from Heese?

Because it is.

His expressive character art was just begging to be brought to life, so the fact that he's doing that here in spades makes me all sorts of giddy.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Zavok the SpinningSilver said:

Can I just say that it's really great we're getting more animation from Heese?

Because it is.

His expressive character art was just begging to be brought to life, so the fact that he's doing that here in spades makes me all sorts of giddy.

Sonic + Expressive = Good

I'm loving where things are heading.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yes.

Ooohhhh SNAP!

And a sneak peek a day before it's release?! 

Looking forward to that!

Does this just mean its going to be animated like the trailer shown off a few weeks back was

or

Does this mean it will literally be animated in the same style of Sonic CD while manias trailer was good its hard to top cds intro unless thats the same animation that will be used. or will it be the newer style

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Does this just mean its going to be animated like the trailer shown off a few weeks back was

or

Does this mean it will literally be animated in the same style of Sonic CD while manias trailer was good its hard to top cds intro unless thats the same animation that will be used. or will it be the newer style

Personally?

I don't give a rats cheese munching @$#.

We're getting an ANIMATED OPENING again, HAND DRAWN shit, the GOOD shit, the shit you LOVE to sniff, HARD.

I'm gonna be holding onto this shit for years...

Edit

My hype has me f#$ed up right now, don't judge my comments too harshly.

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Personally?

I don't give a rats cheese munching @$#.

We're getting an ANIMATED OPENING again, HAND DRAWN shit, the GOOD shit, the shit you LOVE to sniff, HARD.

I'm gonna be holding onto this shit for years...

Nearly all soincs intros are good. Though the cd opening was amazing just being drawn does not all of a sudden give it a gold card saying "oh wow this is the best sonic ever" even my fanboy glasses are not on that tight.

But the good shit to many can be 06 opening or even unleashed. Topping CD's  opening will be hard. No many can capture that style of animation anymore. It was a 90s thing.

Not saying I will not like it, ill probably watch it several times regardless.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Nearly all soincs intros are good. Though the cd opening was amazing just being drawn does not all of a sudden give it a gold card saying "oh wow this is the best sonic ever" even my fanboy glasses are not on that tight.

But the good shit to many can be 06 opening or even unleashed. Topping CD's  opening will be hard. No many can capture that style of animation anymore. It was a 90s thing.

Not saying I will not like it, ill probably watch it several times regardless.

Mine are so tight my consciousness is RAPIDLY fading, and da@% it, they need to be tightened.

Call me crazy, but Mania has me more Wacko than an Ani-Maniac at the moment.

It's just goooooooooooood.

eLN8Q.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

And SEGA after getting a 65/70 mark on metacritic.

But Colors and Generation were over that. Lost World,  while not a failure reception wise wasn't in those parameters either. 

Where's even the logic on that joke?

I mean,  if it's a jab at them,  it's a lazy, poor-taste ridden, not well-thought-out one,  but okay. 

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

But Colors and Generation were over that. 

Where's even the logic on that joke?

I mean,  if it's a jab at them,  it's a lazy not well-thought-out one,  but okay. 

It's like I said, this stuff has me over the hill, judging my comments now is like judging half prepped pudding.

Gotta wait a bit.